Direct TV & Cable hookup

Unregistered guest
A question. I just had a satellite antenna installed on my boat. I installed a new satellite receiver. It works. There is also a cable hookup on the boat. It works. In order to watch satellite it is necessary to push switch A on an A/B switch, push B and watch cable, simple but it works. The A/B switch used to be connected to a regular air antenna but with the satellite and only and A/B switch, the air antenna has been disconnected.
What I want to be able to do is watch satellite on one TV and cable on another by changing video input on the TV (there are three) I discovered, when trying to do this, that it is not necessary to hook up the red/white/yellow cables to the surround sound system in order for it to work with the satellite, I merely set the system on TV and the surround sound speakers come on. With the red/white/yellow cables connected the system work but the picture degrades. This I learned, how to make the audio input change work for satellite/cable I haven't learned. Access to the back of the TV's is not practical, the TV's are Sharp flat screen and mounted right next to cabin walls and running more cable to the them would be impossible without taking parts of the boat apart. Can the video input idea even work and does anybody have any idea of how to make it work. When I gain access to the electronic hookup area there is one distribution box,it appears to have two cable in and three out, I assume the in are satellite and cable and the three outs are to each TV, where the A/B connects I have no idea. In my home all I have to do to watch satellite on any TV is switch it to channel 93 (I believe there is an electronic/automatic A/B switch) and the satellite picture from the main receiver comes on. We have only basic cable in the house as a backup for when the satellite goes out. Would I need to purchase an electronic A/B switch? I haven't because I don't know if it would work but at least in the house it isn't necessary to change inputs on the TV. Help!

ok
Unregistered guest
Got www.dsshupros.net for all your needs and others
thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us