Comcast cable signal

Anonymous

We just found out that there is cable signals coming into our apartment. We get basic expanded cable. Most channels are like fuzzy, but you can still see them. Now channels like ESPN, ESPN2, SunSports, News channels and a few others are so clear that looks like I have cable and all. Here's my question can I get a comcast cable box from anyone I know or say from eBay plug it in and all the channels will be clear? Would that work...I'm a newbie so bare with me...

drdss
Unregistered guest
Yes you can email me at pansattech@yahoo.com for more info.

LLP
Unregistered guest
Here's my (long) story:
I ordered Comcast digital cable. I was not impressed with the picture quality, so I cancelled it the next day. The cable guy came out, collected the equipment, and I was never charged a thing.

I went without TV for awhile, then decided I would at least plug into the cable outlet so I could get local channels clearly...you know, use the existing wiring as an antenna. By doing this, I noticed I got channels 1-120, which is extended basic cable. Seems it never got disconnected.

Then I was curious if the REST of the cable channels were also still connected -- so I borrowed a neighbor's comcast cable box. I hooked up the box and premium channels WERE still being piped to my house.

So, if I am un-officially still receiving these channels, can I just buy a cable box like my neighbor's -- and will it work? Or do I need to have any box I buy activated by the cable company?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us