Legal issues using Dtv, Bell, Dishnet.

Bib macintyre
Unregistered guest
I wanted to get your two cents worth about using my existing DTV dish along with a FTA reciever to recieve either BEV or Dishnet.
What do you think about the legal issue with bev in Canada.

I prefer Bell instead of Dishnet but I do get those that give me the its Illegal.

Their all illegal. No matter what system you use its still Sat theft unless theres a subscription.
I live in Toronto Canada.

largo key
Unregistered guest
Canadian Judge Ruling Paves Way for U.S. Signals?

Another dimension has opened up concerning what Canadians can and cannot do with satellite TV services originating from the United States.

A court in Quebec recently ruled that Canadians who watch U.S.-based satellite TV are not breaking the law. The court's ruling could go into effect within a year. Utilizing U.S. satellite TV service in Canada has been against the law since the Canadian Supreme Court ruled in 2002 that receiving foreign satellite TV signals is illegal.

The Ottawa-based Coalition Against Satellite Signal Theft urged the Canadian government to appeal the Quebec court decision. And the coalition said the ruling underscores the need for the Canadian government to reintroduce a bill that would amend the country's Radiocommunication Act concerning satellite TV service and signal theft.

Also - the coalition pointed out - the ruling has a one-year moratorium attached, meaning that dealing in illegal satellite equipment in Canada is still a criminal offense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us