Calibration DVD

Username: Dmako

Post Number: 8
Just got a 'big screen TV', a Mitsubishi 52725 to be exact.

I an now wondering about calibration DVD,s. There seem to be two main ones, AVIA and Digital Video Essential.

Without stating a holly war, are there any recommendations for either once in stetting up a DLP such as mine?

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 53
The basic consensus is that they are both about the same feature wise but that Avia is easier to follow. So either ill be fine, but you'll have an easier go with Avia. I have Avia and it was very easy to use and calibrate.

Gunny
Unregistered guest
FYI, you can use a THX-certified movie like Star Wars - it has a video calibration system in it. I'm sure it's not as fancy as the dedicated dvd's but met my needs.

Bronze Member
Username: Kid_red

Post Number: 56
The THX is a basic calibration. For a more accurate picture you should get Avia or DVE. Tho, the THX is better then out of the box for sure.

Mr Sparks
Unregistered guest
I have DVE and have used it on my RCA HDTV. I was able to restore the picture to an excellent, natural looking picture. I get a picture I'm very happy with. It's easy to use and educational. It comes with colored plastic you look thru. It was well worth the $25 I paid for it. It covers audio as well. Plus they gave me a couple of free DVD's with it.

Mr Sparks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us