Default Dish 811 & Sony VCR connections

Username: Alainmichel

Post Number: 1
Hello All!

When the installer finished setting up the Dish Network HD receiver, he left some of the wires in the HDTV rear unplugged. The DVD, the 5.1 surround sound are working fine now but I can't seem to get any picture out of the VCR when I record. Toggling back & forth with the VCR remote to "TV/VIDEO" does nothing. HDTV is set up for "VCR" input when I play a pre-recorded tape and playback works fine, but nothing shows when I record and try to playback...just snow is recorded! I mean to say that the VCR is "recording" a snowy image, as I can see the snowy image that was just taped. Clear!?

The 811 has a "test setup" for the VCR. Enter your VCR code and the setup will record, stop and rewind the VCR. Passed the test ONLY when the VCR is ON. If power is off, VCR does not activate. Secondly, nothing is recorded on the tape during the brief test either.

Rear of 811 has video/audio #1 out; that component wire set went to line #1 in on the vcr. Conversely, the 811 video/audio input #1 went to the vcr line #1 output.

There is an "out rf [to tv]" connection that still has the coax connected to the rear of the "UHF/VHF" tv connector. I've disconnected/reconnected with no change.

What am I forgetting? What am I missing?

Am I so close to the problem that I can't see the simple solution?!

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain...San Diego
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us