Satellite dish

Unregistered guest
Question: We have a tailgate truck that we use at Rams games in St. Louis...and we are going to switch from a Directv receiver to a Dishnet receiver. Will the dish that we used for the Directv connection also work for the Dishnet? I'm assuming yes...but, I just wanted to double check with the 'experts' out there.

Thanks and I enjoy the site!
Doug

key largo
Unregistered guest
YES...the dishes are interchangeable...in the past,I've subscribed to both using the same dish and LNB's..

Username: Michelle67

Post Number: 1
I have a Sanyo TV. Dishtv, and GE dvd sourround sound and I would like to know if anyone can help me hook them up together... I have also a RF modulator too.. i have to switch cables to the tv and dvd when i want to watch each of them...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Sanyo TV. Dishtv, and GE dvd sourround sound and I would like to know if anyone can help me hook them up together... I have also a RF modulator too.. i have to switch cables to the tv and dvd when i want to watch each of them...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

key largo
Unregistered guest
It doesn't matter what brand U have of electronics,they all hook up the same...use simple logic and they all work together without switching cables..I too have all of the above (different brands),but can watch TV or play DVD,or stereo with that adapter and and NOT change cables...thats what the modulator is for,and it can't be any easier..check the DVD "progressive scan" switch and make sure its OFF.

Post Number: 2
But the problem is that i have hooked up the cable lines and i only get the dish tv working thru the surround sound and I have change the cable line to watch dvd's???

the modulator only has ant. and to tv?

key largo
Unregistered guest
when it doubt....PUNT

Post Number: 3
okay i hooked it up and now i get my sat and sound thru the surround sound ... then i clicked it to dvd and put a dvd in .. now i get the sound but no picture.. i have to change the yellow plug (video) cord....

any thought?????

key largo
Unregistered guest
That RF modulator has 3 color coded wires which hook up to the DVD player which has the same 3 color codes...The modulator also has an antennae IN and to TV areas/plugs for your dish cables,just hook them up,1 from the dish receiver,the other to the TV..now it also has a channel output 3/4 switch,make sure its set right for whatever channel U need to get satellite (3 or 4)...now lastly shut off the "progressive scan" switch on the DVD player...U should be all set now..the power red light on the RF modulator should come on now whenever U use the DVD,and will be off when not using the DVD..no need to change any cables when using DVD or just watching TV..

RF cable wire...roof dish... to IN satellite receiver..OUT from receiver...to IN RF modulator..OUT RF modulator to TV..done

DVD player...shut off progressive scan

RF mod...select either channel 3 or 4..hook up the 3 color coded wires to the DVD player

Anonymous

I gave my big t.v. to my daughter. She took the t.v. and now I don't know how to hook of all the cables to my other t.v. I have dish network hook ups. I have one cable that goes from the wall that i hook up to the dish receiver and to the t.v., then another hook up with red, white and yellow. when i hook these up all i get from the t.v. is finding satellite signal.

original lonewolf
Unregistered guest
anonymous u have to check switch should read if i am not mistaken sw21 ur transponder should be at 11 hope this helps! good luck!

original lonewolf
Unregistered guest
for the 119 ur 110 should come in automatically

Username: Netkru111

We recently (today) signed up for Dish network, We have a HD plasma and a 511 receiver, and we're trying to figure out how to hook up the vcr to record from it. The install guy was a real jerk, and left me completely hanging after his counter part on the previous visit said he'd be glad to hook everything up. Now I'm stuck, I've spent about 6 hrs so far...and it's still not working. HELP???

key largo
Unregistered guest
call Dish back up...tell them No Tv coming in,black screen and the last install/tech guy was a jerk and U don't want him back...they'll send another tech,then have him set it all up for you correctly..hell U're paying for it,they will set it ALL up and rightfully they should and will..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us