Anyone know of any reviews on JVC AV-34WP84 I'Art ?

Akaz
Unregistered guest
Its on sale here in Toronto and i have been looking for a HDTV that is also not too pricey, this one seems a good fit.

But i can find any reviews on it.

My use is mostly going to be console gaming and TV viewing (Sports and Movie Channel). What kind of features should i be checking for? Should i check with my cable service before buying (like what kinda inputs i would need etc.)?

Also this TV supports 1500i interface and i have never heard of it. Is it used in anything? or maybe its a typo?

Akaz

Link to comparision with Sony:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/compare/compare.asp?comPage=catprodlist&page=0& catid=10639&sort=1&logon=&langid=EN&dept=11&WLBS=fsweb14

Matt 734
Unregistered guest
the jvc u where looking at is really good for gameing without haveing a hdtv it has all the plugs u need like 3 differnt videos (like sets of r,y,w) one video has a s-video one has just anlog and on the front of the tv has anolg also it has a componet video so it has like 4 videos it also has a video out so so the jvc i art is really good for movies games tv and has all the plugs u will need and some rateings are 4/5 9/10 8/10 ect but i forgot where i got that from some electronics website and no it dosent support 1500i thats like higher than hdtv so dont listen to that

Kendra
Unregistered guest
Yes, this jvc does indeed upconvert to 1500i. This tv is the first to have such a scaler.

Archfeld
Unregistered guest
It claims to have the 1500I dist support...Anyone know WHERE to buy one...JVC doesn't sell online, and I can't find any of their retailers who have the darn thing or will order it..They seem to really LIKE SONY though...

R.Godfrey
Unregistered guest
I was just searching for any reviews on the JVC AV-34WP84 when I came across this forum. If any of you live in Canada the FutureShop stores carry this item. I have seen it in the store and it's a beautiful TV and as for the 1500i, it accepts 480i/480p/720p/1080i signals and upscales them to 1500i. As for the SONY products, the KV34HS510 is without a doubt the best of the bunch when it comes to picture quality but for an extra $1000 I personally don't think it's that much better. The SONY KV34HS420, TOSHIBA 34HF83 and PANASONIC CT34WX54 are also worthy choices and are similarly priced to the JVC model. Hope I was of some halp.

Username: Dvdude

Post Number: 1
I bought this TV 3 weeks ago. The picture is incredibly sharp. So sharp you can see very little wrinkle on actors faces while watching DVD movies. The widescreen aspect ratio is very nice too - no more missing the sides of the movie. I am very impressed with the number of configurable options as well, you can adjust everything imaginable -incredible. I am completely satisfied with it as a HD unit.

Username: Dvdude

Post Number: 2
I bought this TV 3 weeks ago. The picture is incredibly sharp. So sharp you can see every little wrinkle on actors faces while watching DVD movies. The widescreen aspect ratio is very nice too - no more missing the sides of the movie. I am very impressed with the number of configurable options as well, you can adjust everything imaginable -incredible. I am completely satisfied with it as a HD unit.

DavidJ
Unregistered guest
Can you pick up on-air HD signals with the tuner in this unit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us