Sonicview sv-4000 or Viewsat Ultra

Username: G_train

Post Number: 3
I have been reading alot of reviews stating that the sonicview has better picture. Is this true?

Could someone give me some pro/cons of these 2? I know the viewsat is more popular, but is it better?

And #1 thing...how is the sonicview support? Are bins released at the same time as for viewsat, faster or slower?

Thank You

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo

Post Number: 25
Rob I bought my Sonicview yesterday, and the picture quality is really excellent. Downloading the bin is really easy whih the USB key ... For the support frequency I think is at least as viewsat. The only negative think I've noticed is the quality of the guide, really a poor information ...

regards

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1415
Rob buy sonicview..b.c lots of people had problems loading the bin's with usb.. never heard any problem from sonic view..
+ sonic view always get files before viewsat..

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 260
I have a brand new ultra but a few days ago I bought an nfusion. Why not pay a few bucks more for something better. At least I have a backup reciever now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1416
i have nfusion too...don't know why people are scared to buy nfusion...
i say if we are all stealing signal why don't we go to jail at same tima

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 261
Yeah maybe we can all meet up one day.

Username: G_train

Post Number: 4
So sonicview is recommended.

Now what is this nfusion. I read about it a little and it seems to connect to the internet and updates itself? How good is support?

lol..you guys are making it seem like it is "more" illegal than the other receivers...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1420
Great nfusion support: [link removed]

If you have another receiver, you can just take the old out and install the nfusion, just need to go to settings and configure it.

It supports Disec and SW21 switches.

It has a great picture

It connects to the Internet and retrieves all information

It has a great EPG

While it lasts, its one of the best TV experiencies I have had compared to viewsat, co olsat and Pansat

Aside of the concerns of being tracked by the IP address, there is no problem, I advice it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1421
sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 05:28 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[link removed]

sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 05:38 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kels
Bronze Member
Username: Kels

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 05:45 pm:

thanks sada. that was excellent however he doesn't mention the hooking up the receiver via ethernet. I know how you would do it but once you plug in the cable at both the reciever and the computer....then what.
again...excellent link!
thanks

Ash
Bronze Member
Username: Ash64

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 06:01 pm:

gosh...TINA.. u really are ...........

sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 06:39 pm:

basically u just plug in network cable to any of the port on your wireless router and the other end goes on back of rec... it will automatically detect intenet connection.. u need network cable .. cost $ 10 .. same cable as you use on modem to comp (white cable).. after that u will see option on ur rec remote menu,ins internet ..wher u can see ur ip adress current sw version ..and by clicking on update u can update ur rec.. u don't need to unplug ur rec or anything. as long as ur internet is connected ur rec will work..
if ur rec is far away from wireless router . u need to buy a netgear cost about $ 50.. and u can just plug in to socket and the other wire goes to tv. so netgear detects internet from ur wireless router.. only if ur router is in some other room or else.. hope it helps.

ramiro gonzo
Bronze Member
Username: Mdl97

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 06:52 pm:

okay how much can i expect to spend on another viewsat extreme.i dont wanna get ripped off.assuming ill order it online.

kels
Bronze Member
Username: Kels

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 07:12 pm:

sada,
thanks very much...that helps alot. I would have to get the netgear as my tv is downstairs but the wireless router is upstairs. I'm assuming I can get it on ebay just as I would the nfusion receiver itself.
thanks for the info again...top notch!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us