think this will work

Bronze Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 83
want to put the switch up on the pole so i dont have to run as long a line but i want to be able to access it as well as keep the weather out

Upload $5 Can.

and can put in Electrical rubber plugs to keep moisture out (can get for free from work but costs on average $7 can. for a pack of 20
and according to specs Switch will fit in

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7764
I recommend placing the switch as close to the receiver (attic , basement etc ) as possible with EASY access and which are dry places..replacing switches is common, cause they are so inexpensive ($5) and cheaply made...U can buy weatherproof switches if U prefer or just make any moisture proof container yourself..

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches/DiSEqC-Switches.htm

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 133
good post LK I use a homemade one I use those ziploc containers that you can buy in the grocery store they work well. Snap tight and keep the weather out.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 628

Hey eatfish
Iam glad to see you back with the good guys.
Next time you see a Telephone man ask him
to give you one of their weatherproof
enclosure.It works for me & them.

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 85
heh I'll get flamed here for this, but to tell the truth i have full access to the dish, The dish is mounted on a old Power pole that is owned by myself and have installed foot pegs for easy climbing. so going up and down is no biggy for me. (be amazed at what "farmers" can get away with). old power line is underground now but i was too lazy to remove the old pole at the time (thank goodness). seems to work very well for me and get great hight

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 634

Hey Mr Pig
So you are a farmer, now I see where
the name MrPig came from. I think you
are pulling my leg. You must live on a
very small farm. The farms that I know
are wide open, why would you need the high?

Bronze Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 88
MrPig has nothing to do with the farm, ive got a full section of land but we own what they call "the mountain" highest peak in Alberta thats not a mountain, and i live on the lower side of it. and not all farms are fully cleared, i do have tree's around me as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us