Pulling the chip

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 737
I've been surfin the "sites" for info/pics on pulling the cam from the 322 and putting it on a card with no luck.I've decieded to keep the cams and dispose of my 322's.Does anyone have a link? I don't want to damage them in the process,thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 236
ok here goes

http://forums.ds*tester.com/vbb/archive/index.php/t-69890.html

http://www.marketrealm.com/private/forums.php

This is not my area but, I do have a dis*h net DVR comming so I MIGHT try it out

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
Jay,I checked dss tester before but will check the second link,and thanx bud !

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
nothing there?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 388
maybe this

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-0000ee-cardless-dn-ird-font-discuss ion-b/311-chip-removal-111805.html

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 387
Scanner
Why don't you snap a photo of chip in the circuit
I will give you the steps in few minutes
I promise
I'm very good at this
King

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Scanner
If I normally remove a surface mount gold chip I would us a hot air tool. YOU CAN'T USE SOLDERING IRON. You would use flux and soldering iron to bond it back. I personally don't use microscope but I would not advice you without at least a good magnifying glass. Hair dryer my not be suffecient heat.

Also there is a type called BJ I don't want to start guessing. Just zoom a photo I will be able to tell if it is pins or legs. Few people can advice you correctly
King

Silver Member

Post Number: 787
My daughters have my camera and when I ask for it I get the "later" speach.I ve heard the cams are very heat sensitive and delicate.I have a couple 322's that are ex subbed and "not for Retail Sale" only lease,with the low rev.and are the ones to have.I want to put them on a wafer board .I have the standard electronics/jewllers headset and equipment.Ive heard that some use hot popcorn machines and coffee maker plates to remove them but want total instruction's on a confermed method.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

Superior Lake, Northwestern... Canada

Post Number: 364
ECG butane
torch
text/htmlUpload
image_95747_jpg.htm (0.4 k)

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
There is a file with picks on how remove embedded cam and install on rom 3 at.........
www.dssfeedback.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26916

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
Juan
If you have a photo to show I suggest you load it correctly or if you got a link I would appreciate if you copy and paste contents you want us to see
Not everyone must register to get simple info.

Scanner
It most likely a surface mount chip
But I still want to see it
Do you know how many pins?
Are you good with soldering?
Are you familiar with liquid flux?

If it is soldered you can remove it only with hot air. NOT STEAM. You can only solder in using a skinny iron tip (a good one) hot air and only hot air to dissolder it.

If it is bonded on plastic it will be a challenge but still hot air. YOU CAN NEVER DAMAGE A CHIP USING HOT AIR

If it is coated I won't be able to advice you but I can ask someone.

If you want to google or yahoo may look under surface mount. But i will be glad to give you some soldering techniques. Also on the same forum in different topic you may find someone reguarding coating.

Also be aware of polarity. you must be able to locate pin#1. When remove chip usually an indicator for pin#1 and may not if it is on plastic. With no schematics always a challenge

I like to see a good zoomed photo
Sorry I don't have any Cam I can reference to
King

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
That information there is not C/P It's like a receiver's manuals By Mac4Life. the chip to remove is a built-in embedded cards/cams in a Ball Grid Array BGA that some new DN reciver have. Work with 102's,103's and 206. Many cut the chip out and put some solder on the back side of the board and move it around with the soldering iron, holding the board with the chip face down. Rhe chip will fell off.If remove is dificult. just imagine put it backs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us