Pansat 2500a

Username: Hbhtut

Post Number: 1
Tried to flash update 2500a no luck says it failed. can not figure out why. please help. 2700 flashing fine no problems using 257 bin for 2500 and2300_2500_1500 downloader any ideas what may be wrong

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 680
SIMPLE ..any newbie knows this answer...2700 uses a twisted 2/3 pin null modem cable....2500 and many others use a straight DB9 female ends cable for flashing

Post Number: 3
Yes I do know this and I was useing the right cable thanks for the advice though

Post Number: 4
Any other advice anybody

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
U said U were flashing your 2700 but can't flash the 2500 in 2 different posts here...U NEVER SAID U CHANGED CABLES OR U HAD 2 TYPES OF CABLES...NICE TRY..its the cable,for sure!

Only 2 causes for that 99% of the time...bad/wrong cable or bad/wrong comport

Post Number: 5
Thanks Again Thill But I do Know the difference between a rs232 and A twist I also did try com 1 -4 no luck but thanks anyways I will figure it out soon or later I alsways do. Just though someone on here could think of something i have not Thought maybe it was an outdated loader but never thought it might be a bad cable will check that thanks again And next time I will bite my tongue before come on here and post Thanks

Post Number: 6
Oh and by the way thill this is not the first time i flashed my 2500 or 2700 i did the whole process my self from the very first setup flash to blind scanning channels and every update since last nov with out ever posting a question

Silver Member

Post Number: 683
Go to radio shack and get the DB9 staight female ends cable for the 2500 and many other receivers...its that simple...the cable U use for the 2700 is the wrong cable!...your cable has pins 2 and 3 twisted/crossover (look at it)..

Silver Member

Post Number: 684
They have BOTH cables here for $7.99...actually the null modem U have (which is wrong for the 2500) U won't see the 2/3 twisted pin unless u can get into the cable end..

http://www.dish-jockey.com/

Username: Cryogenic

K-town, BC

Post Number: 9
is the 2500 a clone perhaps? maybe the last time you did it you were using a bin that was safe for clones, and this time your using the clone kill files.. thats what i did to my clone, it didnt break it, but it did fail. Also for my clone, the only uploader that would work was blupdater. oh yeah and btw. i found an awsome program that can make your rs232 port emulate a crossover cable. So you only ever need one cable.. That is the sht.

Anonymous

Can someone please help me? I am new to this whole thing and I know less than a novice.I followed instructions but still could not get my lifetime ultra box to work. I aligned the dish which shows to be getting signal from Echo 6, 8 and 7. I loaded the factory flash bin from the FORTEC website, went menu configurations, searched for the satellite signals I needed, installed a17bar FTA ultra_051106_284Ex_NTSC, scanned for channels( found over 400 channels). Here's the set back though. Anytime I click on a channel, the box works as if it's searching for the channel, a weird number like 8 shows on the box, then a fizzy screen shows up for about 5seconds, and then I'm back to a blank screen. It's like the box is rebooting or something, but I can't watch anything. I'm sorry to sound so ignorant about all of this, but I just started operating this box yesterday, and I know even less than a novice. What am I doing wrong? I'm willing to learn but I don't know where to start. Please help. Anyone? What I noticed is that when I tell the box to scan just FTA channels, it will scan and get only like 4 channels that I can view. However, when I tell it to scan all, it scans and gets the satellite channels, but they wont view, but do what I described above. It's like the box is not descrambling or something.Please help.

K-town, BC

Post Number: 10
man, wtf? im trying to answer this persons question.
What the hell does this have to do with this post? And plus i read your post. i dont have an answer for you.

Anonymous

HELP ME!
I have a Multistar FTA and I downloaded all the correct files: X-85BL_051107_256_api(No-Kill)&
Blacklist Updater
But when i hit the "write bin" I get the following message: Can't open serial port.
I'm using XP and have RS 232 female to female with a USB to RS 232 adapter attached to my laptop.
Thanks!!!

Anonymous

There is a problem on many satellite forums. If you have a solution to a problem- then post it without any smart comments. If you don't have a solution then don't post. Too many rude people in these forums. rebecca htut.. I have had same problems as you and have done everything correctly as you have. Someone suggested trying a different pc (which I haven't done yet); another suggested doing a 2500a to 2500a download, if you know someone who has a working 2500a.

Anonymous

does any one have E channel or Spike channel let me know please.

Anonymous

i got both of those Channels

Anonymous

My suggestion for your " Can't open serial port " issue. The error you are getting could mean either because your receiver is not recognizing the file or you need to try downloading this file first " Pansat 2500A_040730_224_api(N)" from pansatusa.com. This is what happened to me when I tried to update my Pansat2500a with " X-85BL_051107_256_api" file.

Bronze Member

K-town, BC

Post Number: 14
try using blupdater to upload to it, thats the only one that works on mine

George W.
Unregistered guest
On bin 257p, I had no 8.6 (or 110). did blind scan and a 0 transponder found message appeared. could someone help me with a fix. thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
check your dish and hardware ,then your remote configuration...antennae and installation....like disque switch ports, frequency,standard LNB's,22mhx off/on,112500 etc..also set default keys with latest bin and blind scan

mandle_bomb
Unregistered guest
I have a 2500a, i have almost no idea on where to go to get a working bin or anything to update to run. I wondering if anyone here can help me with my problem? I would greatly appreciate any help i can get. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 167
Hey mandle; try looking five threads down from this one "try these files for help also". Iam a noob to the extent I don`t even know how to c&p, or I would have spooned you the thread.

Anonymous

thanks dude for the heads up! I am a super noob to all this, but I am so excited to get it up and running!

ANOYNMOUS
Unregistered guest
I have flashed Fortec and Pansat 2500 but I cant flash Pansat 2700A... Could someone please help me! Im using a RS232 DB9 Null Modem Cable and the right bin, and the right baud rate which is 112500 and everything is right but no luck! =[
Ppl, please help me out... what should I do?? Ive been reading and reading but nothing...
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 41
The correct bound rate is 115200, not 112500.

George W.
Unregistered guest
Thill1951 Yesterday at six you answered a request for direction from me and just wanted you to know that I appreciate it. What had happened was that my cable end from the dish to the switch had failed. Who would have quessed?

no alfred einstein
Unregistered guest
I loaded 257p to my fortec and get all the channels after blind scan. I go to sat button on remote and see echostar package but do not know how to select it. could someone help me. thanks

cooldude96
Unregistered guest
@ IBM

Im sorry, that was a typeO... yea, thats the Baud rate I use 115200, and advice on what my problem could be or what I should do to correct this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us