Post Number: 29
thank you wally

Naut
Unregistered guest
david, what are you trying to do?

Bronze Member
Username: Haney49

Post Number: 30
to 1 get my dct2224 back up and to open all the ch. in the other one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
wally i guess you see me asking about DTV and DISH too. i have all three.

Bronze Member
Username: Spawnedd

Post Number: 77
dave i know nothing about dish/dtv.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i just thought you would wonder why i ask about dct if you had seen some of my post on sat. i was just leting you know i had all three. thank you for all the inf. you have gave me.

Naut
Unregistered guest
david, you get the dct2224 to work, please let me know, i am very intrested.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/index.html

free to air line up blows,that fta unit aint worth the price 1-800 descram.....com

it does not unlock the premium channels

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html

us fta line up,dam too boring to buy,up 2000 channels in your dreams,seems like its not a stand alone unit.

Smitty need some tv
Unregistered guest
http://www.descramble-it.com/index.htm

Can someone tell me the pros and cos of using ditigal filter say from the site above. I have motorola box just got it hooked up today with HD. Does anyone know any reliable sites. This site says dont remove,,wheres i read from here...you should remove it once in a while and only insert when want to use it...Thanks alot...

Superman
Unregistered guest
Hi again all,

These are "lockout busters". http://www.digitaldescrambling.com/lockout.htm

They claim to eliminate the need to reset when using hi-pass filters by mimmicing the communicating with the cable company. Their warranty is all messed up, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of these and if anyone has any experience.

Thankx

dublatime
Unregistered guest
Thanks wally, I spent some time yesterday trying to figure out all the chips.

Anonymous

I have a Unicable 4000 that i got off of EBay and have a question, It autoscanned and loaded all of my basic cable channels but no digital ones, also i could see the channels as it was programing them but it stopped on ch 2 so i only get QVC, is their some way to change the channels, i have tried 3 diff. all in one remotes but it doesn't recognize them. Thanks Kona

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
go away SAND NICKLE ie anonymous.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
dave what isp are you using if you can get newsgroups,look up dss,satelite ,etc very good info on dtv etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
wally, i could not do any thang at this time with the two sites. you have been a lot of help, i have lurnd alot from the sites.thank you wally

Redb3ard
Unregistered guest
Seems you guys found my old DCT2000 page. First off, emailing me with "how can i hack my dct?" questions annoy me. Second, they annoy me doubly if you misspell one syllable words.

That said: I still have an interest in seeing these things broken. But, I haven't had alot of time in my life to experiment. Anyone that hasn't bought a BDM cable, needs one for serious experimentation. There was a guy on ebay selling homemade ones for less than $20. Second, if you've never had an interest in how a "computer chip" works, and you only want free tv, forget about it. I suppose you could spend $1000 hacking dishnet, but you guys never seem to understand you spend just as much as if you had subscribed. Third, I'm thinking that the right docsis cable modem, could be modified to eavesdrop or even spoof on the DCT's OOB signal. If you could do this, you could exploit any number of flaws that are likely existent. Asymetric crypto allows for scenarios where it could truly be unhackable... but if you start doing the back of the napkin calculations, they end up using more bandwidth rolling individual keys than sending PPV pr0n (lame vulgarity filter :P) and sports... the accountants don't like that. I doubt there are video keys in cleartext or anything, but cloning an existing sub seems possible, or even some playback attacks.

Anyone with a proper background is welcome to contact me for collaboration.

Thanks,
Redbeard

PS You need to peruse this unlinked page... http://24.125.12.101/www.cableboxen.prjct/oob.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
boy im glad i did not email him, i know my spelling is not good, so i guess i annoy him. i beat he can see too. i have had bad eyes all my life. to see what im doing on the pc i hafe to get about 5' away frome it. sorry my spelling annoys you red.

dllfb
Unregistered guest
Looking for someone who sells and/or installs fta receivers and cable descramblers in the Guelph Ontario area?

adilson
Unregistered guest
Universal Clearview SuperMax 2k4 Cable those anybody know if it really works also where can i buy one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
free to air recievers,copied from other site:

FTA broadcasts are very narrow interest channels, meaning they are foreign language, religious and public service type channels for the most part.
To take full advantage of an FTA system you need to have a tracking dish(moves from 1 satellite to another).
If you go to lyngsat.com you can view all the channels available in North American, the FTA channels are designated by a DVB(and nothing else below it) or F(free), you need a 10ft dish for C-band (frequency 3xxx-4xxxGhz) and at least a 30" dish for Ku-band (11xxx-12xxxGhz), most FTA are Ku-band.
Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W has the most Ku DVB channels

lyngsat.com then frequencies:America, this will list all satellites above equator in our hemisphere, then select a satellite and it will show available channels, some satellites are for South America and the signal won't be available in North America

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
adilson
google it,it works by being piggybacked to a digital reciever,it may still signal the catv company you have one and can show up on your digital box,seems pointless to me,if its polled.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
adilson
google it,it works by being piggybacked to a digital reciever,it may still signal the catv company you have one and can show up on your digital box,seems pointless to me,if its polled.

Naut
Unregistered guest
www.1-800-descramblers.com is the only site I know that sells Clearview Matrix 2k4, and is the only results you will get searching google.
I am not sure if it works or not, but there is a 45-days risk free.

Tyrader.. how is you're project going?

Naut
Unregistered guest
All I know about the Clearview Matrix 2k4 is that it is able to recive channels 2-999, and works great with Comcast, Megacable, Timewarner, Adelphia, Cox, and a few others. I was told it will work with Comcast basic digital cable, but I have never tried it.

Anonymous

Hey Wally, why don't you go eat the beaver

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
i like beaver,but jerry mathers aint my type lol.as far as the Clearview Matrix 2k4 it only gets 181 channels.they say its a digital hybrid,does that mean its analog and when coupled with a digital dct as an example it then is able to get digital,if thats the case then existing analog descramblers piggy backed to dcts may still work,just a good question to ask that 1-800 site?just thinking out loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
i like beaver,but jerry mathers aint my type lol.as far as the Clearview Matrix 2k4 it only gets 181 channels.they say its a digital hybrid,does that mean its analog and when coupled with a digital dct as an example it then is able to get digital,if thats the case then existing analog descramblers piggy backed to dcts may still work,just a good question to ask that 1-800 site?just thinking out loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
sorry for the multiple posts site problems

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Clearview Matrix 2k4 it is a analog unit,read the ad carefully.1-800 is very misleading advertising,even the free to air unit is misleading it is not capable of 2000 channels in itself on a fixed mounted direct tv or dish antenna,it does not open premium channels but is capable if you order dish or dtv thru the unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
after reviewing 1-800 site i concluded they only sell analog boxes,read carefully,then on the top of the ad it says:

>>Universal Main, TV Converters, & Decoders
for Analog & Digital Cable Television Systems

well of course that makes sense since digital cable systems also transmit in analog by law they have to.VERY MISLEADING ADVERTISING.no one sells working digital stbs,like i said before digital is not scrambled,so why would you buy a descrambler.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
hey NAUT?HUH?Comcast basic digital cable WHAT THe hell is that?all you know about the unit is what you THINK you read,the question is can you comprehend what you read.the ad does not say the unit will recieve digital on its own with digital service,and it does not say it will recieve 999 channels,there aint that many programs dude.

adilson
Unregistered guest
Has anybody tries the ebay baoxes do they work?
"Motorola Digital Cable Box Decoder" if not can somebody suggest a box i miss my spice network.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Motorola Digital Cable Box Decoder work if activated.

Naut
Unregistered guest
HEY WALLY?HUH?, all the info i got was from 1-800-descramblers.com, if its wrong, YOU'RE SMARTER THEN THEM, GIVE YOUR SELF A PAT IN THE BACK.

Naut
Unregistered guest
hey wally,!! is this a pron message board?!!NO!!

wally cleaver
Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 04:56 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey T,is this a direct tv message board?NO!

adilson
Unregistered guest
wally thanxs for the pic lol,also how can i get the box activated if i already have basic cable will the Motorola Digital work or those it need a signal from comcast.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
naut ask them if its anolog the ad says it is,ask them if it will get 999 channels by itself.again no.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
hey naut if ya dont like the pic post your own if you know how?

Unregistered guest
Hey, can anyone share some secrets of Rogers Cable ? What brand of descrambler is effective and how much will it cost me? Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
hey naut if ya dont like the pic post your own if you know how?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
so naut how did you talk to 1-800-descramblers.com
did you call a 800 number?also what is pron?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
the only thing that could possibly make sense with any analog descrambler is to connect first then output to digital box input then out to tv,tune in a ppv channel then it could in theory anyway descramble that channel,reguardless of anolg box unit,now ig thats the case the catv can still shut you out of those channels,but i would bet it works someone try it if you are connected with aworking dct.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
now on to another way to get catv wirelessly,no cable service required,can be done with 2 common items.if anyone gets close on how they think it can be done then ill tell ya .CLUE,its very easy and takes about 10 minutes to set up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
if you try my above method do not place a order thru remote.

JLA01
Unregistered guest
Well back at the beginning of this month I posted a msg stating that I had purchased a Unicable U4000 directly via email through an EBAY seller. Well the seller was not replying to me so I eventually filed a claim w/PAYPAL. Thank god I decided to purchase the PAYPAL money back guarantee. PAYPAL is going to reimburse me for the price I paid for the fraudulent Unicable product. To be honest, I did not even attempt to use the Unicable box. The instructions were very vague and stated that the product will work as a converter if you download the appropriate software online. Well it did not provide a site and the seller just told me to search google under EXOtv. It is all bullshit. If there is anyone out there considering purchasing one of these products, save your money and avoid the frustration. I even sent an email to an EBAY seller that was about to win a bid for the same product warning them against the purchase, but they did not respond. They will need to find out first hand. DO NOT PURCHASE THE UNICABLE U4000!!!!

jacobson
Unregistered guest
Hi i was wondering if this website was legit? anyone use this product and if so does it work well?

http://www.digitalcabledescrambler.net/

Username: Mrjinx

Nova Scotia, NS Canada

Post Number: 2
i heard it only works for so many ppv's and then the memory fills up and you can't order anymore until the box is flushed... to flush it you take the filter off and allow the ppv requests to hit your cable company... wait for the huge bill and start over again... haha in other words stay away... it only delays you being charged for the PPVs.

that is what i hear anyway... apparently hooking youyr vcr between your cable box and tv has the same effect instead of buying a "filter"...

Smitty need some tv
Unregistered guest
Does the Digital Filters works for comcast or are they a scam,,,i GOT A MOTOROLA receiver..Anyone know any good sites....Comcast sucks I miss my Direct tv....

ARA
Unregistered guest
JLA01, how did you purchase "paypal money back guarantee"? Paypal policy clearly states that "You may not file a claim if you are simply disappointed with the item you have received. Items must be significantly not as described or never received". This is a quote from Paypal. In other words, they force the seller to ship you the unit if not received but if the unit does not work and it is stated that the unit must be programmed before use then it is your fault "not to be able to program the unit". I do not see how Paypal can help in this case. I will not use Paypal anymore. If you pay just by a credit card it really protects you. Simply send the unit with a trackable service to the seller's return address and submit the receipt to your credit card. They will deposit your money with no question asked. But if you paid by Paypal then it is impossible.

JLA01
Unregistered guest
ARA: In regards to your question. When I was submitting payment through PAYPAL, I saw an option that provides money-back guarantee for an additional charge. I think I paid about $13.00 for the addl insurance. To be honest, I was thinking that they would have to haggle with the seller in regards to a refund, but I shipped the product to PAYPAL on 8/14 and by late 8/16 I received an email from PAYPAL stating that they had approved my claim and my c/c will be reimbursed. I guess I was lucky. Once my credit posts, I am going to post the name and address of the seller for all to see. Unicable U4000 is a fraud. I think a lot of people are seeing that now.
**I noticed from your email that you stated that you can send the unit back via trackable service and you can have your credit card remove the charge, have you tried that before? I am curious if it works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
really the unicable is a rip off i did not know that hmm.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
hey im a silver member,lol.

jimmay boy
Unregistered guest
Hey, I saw an auction on ebay for a program that will alow you to get cable and ppv channels through your pc by loading a program. the auction is like $10 and seems to state that there is no fee for the cable after the program is installed. Is this something a penny pinching anti-cable co. guy is missing out on?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
hey jimmy why buy is ebay when you can get it free to try and 20 to buy,,

http://www.download.com/Free-Internet-TV/3000-2139-10296868.html?tag=lst-0-8

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
jimmy your site and this program does not recieve cable or ppv,so what good id it?

adilson
Unregistered guest
Hay those anybody know how to get around that filter comcast puts up in the street pole to keep you from getting more channels

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
adilson,you cant,but,...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31483&item=3834348646&rd= 1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31483&item=3834605698&rd= 1

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
how digital works..

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0137439156

adilson
Unregistered guest
so these tools are for me to climb up and remove it myself

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
more on topic

http://www.pearsoned.co.uk/Bookshop/detail.asp?item=102378

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
adilson you can but i would not recommend it,the catv company will hammer you if you get caught,if you remove the filter and do a direct connect,in theory you would get all,it still wont activate a dct.but i dont know why you would want to steal service?

adilson
Unregistered guest
I had it done 12 weeks back but i guess they found out and know all i have is basic cable i dont want to pay a cable man 100 dollars to do it for me if in a few weeks they will just find out.

YayY
Unregistered guest
I live in chicago, I'm not really clear on the whole illegal cable thing, so, If I buy a descrambler will i be able to receive cable or do I need a filter and a descrambler and does it matter what model the descrambler is?

Naut
Unregistered guest
YayY read previous posts

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
helo naut nice to see again,did you have my jpg pulled?oh well shows me to site does read this site.

Naut
Unregistered guest
wally, i did not get your jpg pulled.

shows me to site does read this site?

batat
Unregistered guest
Is this auction full of s... word???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5716286627&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT

batat
Unregistered guest
Is this auction full of s... word

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5716286627&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
i give up,this may be my last post due to the fact people are stoopid,

Naut
Unregistered guest
READ PREVIOUS POSTS BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
NAUT no disrespect on my part,i dont want to offend .

frirfirf
Unregistered guest
http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Digital+Basics+for+Cable+Television+Systems

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
you know something comcast has a deal going on until the end of the year ,get digital service with more than 5 starz channels for 19.95 add hbo over 5 channels for 5 bucks more,plus you can get free high speed internet connection for 2 months,plus on demand to watch your favorite shows anytime you want,better deal than dish or dtv,also blockbuster has a a special for 14.95 for all the new movies you can watch albeit you can to rent two at a time for those cheapskates who cant afford ppv,as for the dct units are hackable,bit to say how is illegal,as for trying to get dct schematics motorola aint saying,security clearence required,oh well .

Anonymous

Ok so congratulation Wally for being "Silver". Now on a different subject: Anyones imput is appreciated:
This is my 2nd day here and I am so confused I am not sure which way my head is supposed to be facing. hehehe Now the question. Chicago, analog service, no box. Let us assume that if I had a digital box "General Intruments" DCT 2244 not connected and not modfied and Comcast service for cable and internet access how could I possibly get HBO? Let us assume I have HBO voice OK but video scrambled. I need it spelled out what needs to be done. Aside from 9:95/month to get HBO? Note: I am very dense thus the need of having the info spelled out. NOTE: information requested is for educational purpose only.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
if you have anolog,then a anolog descrambler will work,but if you have service in a analog/digital service then you are wasting your money on a box.

Annonymously
Unregistered guest
I have a question about the filter. If someone had a legitimate digital box from the cable company and a second box, could they hook the incoming cable into the first box then out to the second box, using the filter on the second box,then out to the TV? Would it work? I'm guessing that if it did work then the first box would be sending back a signal to the cable company, satisfying them, while the second box on which you ordered any PPVs or whatever, wouldn't be...I dunno. Just a thought. I make no sense most of the time. Sorry.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
huh?no.

Cleric
Unregistered guest
I recently acquired a Motorola DCT2244/1661/ABCDEFG. I did the power on/off -select - blah blah blah reset thing. After that the box powers down then comes back on after about 10 seconds with the word "hunt" in the LED. I've since been able to pull up the Diagnostics menu but nothing else, clock, guide, or otherwise. That leaves me with 3 questions - 1) Does anyone know what this "hunt" message means? 2) Does the diagnostics menu just show current settings, or can anything be adjusted to make this work? 3) Am I just wasting my time with this thing? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
cleric try here.

http://24.125.12.101/www.cableboxen.prjct/dct2000.html

Train
Unregistered guest
Good site above Wally. Cleric--If you read that site and my prior posts, you'll find your answer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
hey train or anyone else interested seems the ppv reset frequenct is 9.44 mhz.

Cleric
Unregistered guest
First off, thanks to Train and Wally for your help.
Secondly, based on your information and other research I have been doing on this subject, I have come to accept the following as truths.
1) There is currently no working hack available for digital cable, including the build your own "Radio Shack kit" 2) HP filters may work to some degree, but are an extremely risky gamble, while trying to reset the boxes (if even possible) and remove filters during "call days" is way more trouble than it's worth. <3> The people I know who "claim" to have descramblers also have Analog service. 4) The Motorola DCT 2XXX and others like it that are sold online, are generally only useful as paperweights. 5) The only way to get free digital cable is to get a job with the cable company.
If you guys could let me know if these conclusions are correct, I shall go about my merry way and try and look for a new hobby. I have always wanted to learn to play golf :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
cleric you are correct,just one question what is a hp filter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
cleric you are correct,just one question what is a hp filter?

janiepoo
Unregistered guest
ok, i still have my analog cable from comcast, but now hbo, showtime and tmc are no longer available so my 7 year old descrambler is now worthless(except for the fact that comcast charges 10.00 a month for extra box rentals), i am now thinking instead of getting comcast digital cable and dealing with resetting , i might get satelite- which is the better deal? i have a aquestion about digital cable --is it sent throught the same cable which is now in my house? or do they need to rewire it or is it through a phone line? Also, what about extra digital boxes- do they charge a rental fee per month per box? will i be able to still use my spliced cable from one room to three rooms? or should i chuck everything and go for satelite? please help i need ppv for the upcoming fights in sept. and right now no ppv channels are availble through comcast analog cable

Anonymous

I am just looking for pre wired analog chips. for the jerrod boxes any help would be greatful. thanks

can't afford cable
Unregistered guest
someone earlier mentioned hooking up the g.i. 2244/1161 thru-vcr-tv is the same as those filters. is there any truth to it? i don't care about ppv and never order any. i just don't want them to know i have a descrambler box.

???

Cleric
Unregistered guest
Highpass filter

Cleric
Unregistered guest
And thanks for your reply Wally. Incidently, since I have no use for this thing, I'd be happy to unload it for the cost of shipping if anyone wants one to experiment on - for educational purposes, of course. Otherwise, I believe our next trash pick-up is on Friday.

Jologs
Unregistered guest
Any Canadian.....pleaseeeee give me some info on how I can descramble Rogers Cable. What descrambler can I use? or any safe site I can logon. I'm so pissed off dtv.....pleaseeee....thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Cleric what do the Motorola DCT 2XXX do when you cut it on?

Cleric
Unregistered guest
David - It displays the word "hunt" in the LED

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok your saying you get nothing on the TV. its looking for the data from the cable co. is that the type box they use?

Cleric
Unregistered guest
Nothing on the TV. This is of course after doing the famous "reset". I have since tried getting a refresh from the Cable company, piggybacking it through another box, and various charms, potions and talismans which were given to me by a mysterious Gypsy woman with silver eyes on a breezy Autumn night.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
hmmmmmmmmmmmm ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
when i did the famous reset i got 0 on the LED
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help