Distorted HDTV picture

Username: Wfinn23

NORWOOD, MA USA

Post Number: 2
Recently purchased a Sony HDTV 34 in. wide screen direct view. Get my HDTV programming through a local cable provider with a Motorola digital HDTV receiver.

While watching the Olympics on NBC-HDTV the picture is beautiful when the athletes are standing still, but when they start moving quickly the picture becomes distorted. Do not see this problem on other HDTV or regulr channels.

Any idea what may cause this? Signal Problem, TV problem?

Username: Cyberuff

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 3
My question to you is do you have the KV-34HS420 Sony Model? Is so, how dows you NON HD picture come out? Crystal Clear or not really?

Username: Wfinn23

NORWOOD, MA USA

Post Number: 4
I have the HS510 model. Regular broadcast on the regular channels is not that great. Picture is a little better if watched on a HDTV channel, but it's not in wide screen format (can't change it on an HDTV channel). I was watching a non-HDTV football game (Patriots) this weekend and was disapointed in the picture on both CBS and CBS-HD channels. Couldn't even read the uniform numbers during the high camera angle. The game before (Colts/Titans) was in Hi-Def and the picture was great except for the motion blur during quick movements.
Very disapointed in this TV and Hi-Def. Both over rated.
Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Anonymous

I have a 50" Panasonic DLP. When watching espn hd, commercials and other video such as dale ernhart movie, picture flickers, and voice is way out of synch with sound. It only happens on this channel, any ideas

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 42
I talked to Direct TV about this and it's a broadcast problem at their end that they are working on.

If you get either of the LA/NYC HD local channels, they experience the same problem. If you're watching a HD TV show, it does the same thing just like ESPN HD did when broadcasting '3', but if you're watching a football game, it works flawlessly. Weird, huh?

Fox is the only local channel I cannot get through the air, and luckily I was elligible for the NYC fox because I'll see the superbowl with a perfect picture:-) Another weird observation is that american Idol also broadcasts perfectly in HD.

maryG
Unregistered guest
My question with the HDTV Panasonic is why when someone in the show gets caught in the left or right of the screen the image enlarges, widens. Also, all the objects and people look wider and fatter.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Mary, your set is in "panaramic" mode, where the middle of the picture is normal width, but the edges are stretched to fill the 16x9 picture. There should be a button on the remote labeled "size", "format", or "mode". Just press it and get to a mode called "full" for even stretching of the picture. Or press it until you see black side panels to watch in normal 4x3 mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us