Anyone know anything about Degaussing a TV?

Username: Libram0281

Post Number: 1
I am getting a Degausser in a few days.... Has anyone ever does this before?? And what is some of the Signs your TV needs Degaussing..... besides Speaker marks?

Username: Derry

Post Number: 1
most all newer tvs (crt type) have a built in degausser and I would question why you would be using one,, the older sets did not and the phospher on the screen face could be electrical charged which would bend the electron beams generating color swirls or just generally a bad or false color picture,, you can turn off a vacumnn cleaner right next to the screen and see what the electrical charge impact will be,, the proper way to use the degausser is to use a circular pattern of various size starting about five inches from the screen front,, continue the variable movement pattern and slowly move the coil further away from the screen until you see no color shifting affect,, usually a couple of feet,, to completely remove the charge in the phospher it may take two or three sessions,, hope this helps,,

Username: Libram0281

Post Number: 2
I am going to use one because the TV I have is a Akai and it has some Discoloration in the picture. And the Degausser in the TV isn't powerful enough. The Whites on the Set are a light Yellow/Tan. It was from Multiple Center chanel speaker... I put 2 on top of the TV and it put the Yellow/Tan color in the picture.

Username: Derry

Post Number: 2
do understand,, you can induce discoloration from stray magnets being placed close to the screen that the built in degausser will not handle,,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us