SAT.receiver,dvd,tv,vcr

Unregistered guest
how do i hook them all up together?none of my manuals show a hookup for all of these.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 157
The satellite should hook to the VCR with RCA jacks, if the VCR isn't stereo you need a Y cable. The VCR should hook to the TV with RCA jacks too. If the satellite has more than 1 set of output jacks it should be hooked to the TV with an s-video cable if possible, if not RCA jacks. If the satellite only has 1 set of outputs then you will need to use the coax to the TV if you want to be able to watch without the VCR being on. Anything that's hooked with coax will not have stereo audio, have to use RCA jacks for stereo. The DVD has to hook to the TV with RCA jacks. If you don't have enough inputs on the TV then go to Wal Mart or Radio shack and get a video switcher. They usually allow 3 or 4 inputs and 1 or 2 outputs.

Dthom
Unregistered guest
thank you very much for your quik reply. i will try it tomorrow and hope that it works:-)

Unregistered guest
Have a TV downstairs connected to a Panasonic VCR. The TV upstairs is connected to a JVC VCR. Both VCRs work great and play all rented tapes. If I record upstairs on the VCR (Directv), the tape will not play on the VCR downstairs,,,all distorted. This used to work, something changed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
You are recording in LP or EP I'm guessing. Those speeds use different heads in a 4-head VCR and are probably either dirty or bad.

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up my two VCR's to my new Toshiba TV to be able to make copies of my old tapes from one VCR to the other or make copies of movies that are not scrambled. I have Directv hook-up and ditched the cable altogether.

My best friend's diagram is driving me nuts. I've got a splitter and am also trying to use an A/B switch. I'm trying everything with coax cable. I think I've got the wiring all #%$@&%.

Can you please help.

Thanks much.

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
Don't use coax, the recording will be poor quality. Use RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then set the record VCR to line, there should be an input button somewhere on the unit or remote to change to line. Hook the record VCR to the TV and when you see a picture you're ready to record.

Unregistered guest
please can some one detail the best connections for
widescreen TV with 3 scarts
dvd recorder 2 scarts [1in 1 out]
vcr 2 scarts
i get a good pic thru dvd but if i turn off dvd for 'timer record'picture is crap

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Sharp TV that is hooked up to a Hitachi VCR using an Local Outside Antenna, everything works fine. My question is, how do I hook up my Houston Tracker Satellite Receiver into the System also. I have tried but had no sucess. Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
Use RCA jacks and set the VCR to line.

semisusie
Unregistered guest
I want to record a show off of satellite, how do you do that? I do not know the manufactur's code for my vcr. It is a Sanyo VHR H600
Anybody have any suggestions?

Hammers Fan
Unregistered guest
Hellow out there I have a Toshiba SD-V290 DVD/VCR that I can't get to work with a Toshiba 27AF43 TV. I cannot get the TV to play or record through the VCR I can play both DVD/VCR if use VIDIO 1. The VCR will not scan through useing the owners manual auto channel progrming Any advice Thanks Pat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us