Can anyone help me with a dvd rec. question please?

Username: Dorkus_mcforkus

Beverly hills, California USA

Post Number: 2
I dont know if something like this exists...but is it possible that..
well say i wanted to tape a series on dvd..can u later add programing to a dvd disc the next week? or must it all be done at once.
becasue i sort of have a tivo. i have dish network and have the dvr system which stores 100 hrs of programing on the hard drive...so say after 2 episodes of a certain show are stored on my dish dvr, is it possible to tape them on a dvd disc together?
also are there any systems that can do simple non linier editing...like taking out comercials and stuff like that on to a dvd-r or dvd-rw disc..casue i want it to be compatible with most dvd players.
if anyone could help me here i would appreciate it very much.
i basicaly want to know if i can tape several things onto one disc, and if i can edit out comercials and stuff on the hardrive without having it lose any compatability.
thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 114
You can record onto a disc till it is full, it doesn't all have to be at the same time. If you use DVD-RWs the commercials can be edited out, DVD-Rs can't be edited except for deleting an entire recording.

Unregistered guest
how can you record from DVR to DVD, period?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
I have never used a DVR, but I don't know why you couldn't just hook it up to a DVD recorder and record.

Username: Kikorama

Post Number: 1
you would need a dvd recorder to connect to your dvr and burn your dvd-r. i have a panasonic dvr that records to hard drive and dvd discs. it allows me to do very precise edits back and forth (using the hd and dvd-ram discs) without any degradation
hope this helps

Unregistered guest
My wife records soaps daily on vhs then records over them after watching. Can you do the same thing with a DVD recorder ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
As long as you use a rewritable disc, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM.

Bronze Member
Username: R1t1joby

Post Number: 15
Omar, you most definitely need the Panasonic DMR E-85 DVD Recrorder. It has a 120 gig hard drive where you can hook up, your TIVO machine, and anything else you want, then record it onto the Panasonic hard drive, edit out the commercials, or anything else you want edited out, then dub it onto a DVD-R.

You can tape a TV series on it's hard drive and keep it on your hard drive until the next episode airs or dub it from the hard drive onto a DVD-R disc. Just do not finalize the disc if you are planning on adding stuff to it later.

So, yes, you can later add stuff to discs that already have something on them just as long as you have not finalized the disc yet.

I record weekly TV series on my Pansonic DVD Recorders hard drive, edit out the commercials, put them on a DVD-R disc. Then the next week add another epsiode to the disc.

But most the time, I save the episodes in my Panasonic's hard drive until I have enough episodes to put on disc so I can do it all at once and finalize the DVD then delete the episodes out of my hard drive to make room for the future recordings.

The Panasonic recordings on DVD are compatible with more DVD players than I have ever known.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us