Samsung DLP won't turn on. Any Suggestions?

Username: Tplee

Post Number: 1
So I've had a Samsung DLP hls6767wx for the last 4 years or so. I've had no problems until last night when I came and turned on the TV. I mmeadately noticed a louder than normal whining noise. It sounds like a squeaky wheel. So the TV tries to boot itself on but just keeps reseting and reseting never coming on. Also the lamp never comes on but it never usually does until the tv powers on. After a while It finally stops reseting and three light indicators on the front keep blinking. I've done my own research online and it sounds like it could be numerous things. I took apart the back of the TV and checked the bulb and the color wheel. They both look fine to me but I guess I wouldnt know what good ones look like. I noticed online that most peaople with a color wheel issuecan still get a picture on the TV. Mine wont even get a picture so I'm wondering if it might be something else. I was just using the TV last night and it was working perfectly fine. Can somebody please give me some suggestions on what this could be. I dont want this to turn into an expensive repair. Thank you for your help in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16021
Bad lamp, ballast or bad capacitors on your board. Either way, you have to know what you are doing if you want to fix it yourself. If not, chuck the TV and get a new one. Less of a headache.

It is probably not what you want to hear, but giving you false hope is not right either.

Username: Jmbeam

Oswego, NY United States

Post Number: 3
Samsung Electronics America (SEA) issued a notice Thursday that it has agreed to offer free repairs to Oklahoma residents who purchased certain LCD, Plasma, and DLP TVs from the company that have malfunctioned due to capacitor issues.
A class-action suit was filed last Oct. 17 by Oklahoma residents Ryan Russell and Philip Bourne on behalf of themselves and other Oklahoma residents who had purchased defective televisions from the company. SEA stated that it "denies the allegations in the lawsuit, but has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the costs and uncertainty of continued litigation."
The original suit alleges that malfunctioning capacitors caused certain Samsung-branded TVs manufactured between Jan. 1, 2006 and Dec. 31, 2008 (see list of models below) to "experience symptoms such as not turning on, a significant delay in turning on, making a clicking sound, cycling on and off, and other similar problems."

The terms of the settlement call on Samsung to conduct service visits to claimants with televisions covered in the suit to determine if they have a capacitor problem. The company has agreed to replace faulty capacitors and in some cases, a television's power board after determining if a claimant's TV is malfunctioning due to problems with those components.
Samsung Electronics America is also prepared to reimburse owners of affected TVs for past repairs and will pay those who no longer possess them $300 if they can prove previous ownership.
SEA said in a statement that "[a]pproximately 1 percent of Samsung televisions sold in the U.S. from 2006 to 2008 have experienced some performance issues" caused by capacitor problems and that it had "voluntarily provided free repairs for U.S. customers with affected televisions" since confirming the problem in early 2010.
Samsung has had some other legal entanglements in the U.S. in recent months.
Samsung and six other Asia-based companies agreed late last year to pay out $553 million as part of an agreement to settle claims in a multi-state lawsuit that they conspired over eight years to fix prices for liquid crystal display (LCD) screens.
A few weeks earlier, class-action lawsuits were filed by smartphone owners in California and Missouri that alleged violations of federal wiretap laws by Samsung, HTC, and mobile software developer Carrier IQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us