Vizio vp422 hdtv10a

Username: Tetanicwhisper

West haven, Connecticut

Post Number: 1
I have the vizio vp422 hdtv10a 42inch and the screen is black but has sound. The logo lights up and changes color when the tv is turned on and i opened it up to check the capacitors and they are all good. The right voltage is going into the tv and none of the fuses look blown. There is a green led light on the power board that lights up. The relays on the power board click when the power button is pushed on. What is wrong with this tv?

Not sure if this is need but right before the tv crapped out the picture would work for a few hours then turn off and this would happen for about two weeks and everyday the time it stayed on would get shorter. Also on the last remaining days right before it turns off the picture would get really grainy and and then go black and there would be horizontal bars that were faint. I dont want to go out and buy new boards that dont need to be replaced. Could it be the backlight or the y-board?

Bronze Member
Username: Dtwilliamscomcastnet

Bel Air, MD USA

Post Number: 22
Tetanicwhisper, make sure you have a video source connected (Comcast, DVD, DVR, etc.) and make sure it's playing and that you have the correct INPUT selected on your TV. If your audio is still good, you will know when the INPUT is correct by listening. It takes 5 seconds or so before you will hear anything after selecting the correct INPUT. After you are sure you have the proper INPUT selected, shine a very bright light onto the screen (at an angle) and move it around until you see a faint image - almost looks like shadows and outlines of the image. If you DO see movement on the screen then your problem is most likely the Inverter Board.
$63.00 ~

Dave

Username: Tetanicwhisper

West haven, Connecticut

Post Number: 2
All inputs are good and tried every input out there. Tried the light trick and there is nothing in the background. No movement or images so that means the inverter is bad?

Username: Jim_hardy

Williford, Arkansas Usa

Post Number: 1
similar trouble here
on vizio model VO47L FHDTV10A

power supply makes 5v but not 12 or 24

found if i jumper "pson " line, pin 1 on cn3 on power supply board
relay clicks and 12 & 24 appear so i think power supply board is okay

poking at main board found it real sensitive in upper left corner at J2 where the cable plugs in that goes down to switches and IR board. touching board makes relay click.

unplugged and plugged back in J2 with power on and TV came on and ran for about ten minutes. did that a couple times.

when i jiggle j2 i hear the power supply relay click

have main board out now looking around j2 with magnifying glass for something broke or burnt

anybody had similar trouble?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us