Which projector for under 1500?

Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
hey everyone it looks like were moving and were going to be putting a theater in our basement. so far i have found all the speakers and the 7.1 reciever. i have no experience (sorry about spelling) with projectors or screens. can anyone help me with this. thanks alot
ERic

Username: Seenalot

Post Number: 9
www.projectorpackages.com

Username: Psi

Post Number: 2
I'd been looking for a sub $1500 projector and just got an Optoma 739 (also seems to be called an 745 at some stores). It's bright (2300 ANSI) is XGA (1024x768) and has excllent contrast which makes it totally watchable in the day or with ambient light. The lamp life is 3-5000hrs (if you believe the hype) and a really big plus is the DVI input which means you can feed it a pure digital signal- with truly amazing results- you really see what the projector can do. SVideo and VGA work very well too.

Some people have problems with 2x color wheels (they see rainbows) but nobody I know has seen anything so far with this one...

I reccomend highly.

Murphy/Again
Unregistered guest
SP4805 is truly amazing .

Infocus has been doing this for a long time .
this unit is the best bang for your buck. you will be happy . Down falls are a ligh controlled room is necessary . Infocus is to upgrade from v1.13 firmware to increase lumina light ( i will belive this when i see it ) .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us