Banned ip

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 376
Hey LK you floating around here some were for some reason my Ip is banned over at dss community ive never did anything wrong over there could you check it out for me please Thanks Grim

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21481
Grim: I don't know about the level of your expertise and knowledge about IPs.
Many heavy users think they have a static IP, when they actually have a dynamic IP which is set to never change automatically. Now when power goes down, if you have DHCP, a new and different IP will be given. If you have a genuine static IP, you will be given the same IP you had.
If another person had a bad IP and you got his IP because you have a dynamic IP, then all you need to do is switch the power off to the Modem, and turn it on after 40 seconds. If you are on DHCP, you will get a different IP and if you have a static IP you will get the same.

Username: Yaniss

Post Number: 5
Not True . Somtimes after a long long outage you new ip . Most just reconnects to same ip.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21482
Aymaan: It is different for you in Ghanna. In North America many more people use the Internet, and if you unplug your Modem for about 40 seconds, you would get a new IP if you have a dynamic IP, and the same if you have static.

I hope you understand that different country's ISPs have different mode of operation.

Bronze Member
Username: Yaniss

Post Number: 12
YES MR NO NOTHING

YOU WRONG AGAIN

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21486
It seems you are posting from Ghanna.

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 804
question ... say you're on a satellite internet network. is it a dynamic or static IP? i could never figure that out . Now i am on just a high speed tower. NOT DSL and not very high speed either for that matter lol
i think it's a static IP.When ever it goes down ( alot ) i just reboot the rouder and don't have to reboot the modem like i had to with the satellite internet.

i am just curious and thought i would ask.

Gold Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 1072
"question ... say you're on a satellite internet network. is it a dynamic or static IP?"
Depends on provider configuring their network for dynamic or static IP, nothing to do with the medium - Cable, DSL,satellite. Only exception is wireless 3G which is always dynamic, since your acess points are very dynamic.

"i think it's a static IP.When ever it goes down ( alot ) i just reboot the rouder and don't have to reboot the modem like i had to with the satellite internet."

The router has to synch with the modems new IP and it would not be automatic. Had to go to the router webpage at 192.168.1.1 and on the status tab had do release and renew whenever the power went down, otherwise no internet connectivity. However most of the routers these days automatically pick up the new IP the modem has been assigned, without having to do a release and renew. However it is not an issue with the Gateways which combine the functions of modem and routers.

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 199
I think you people are missing the point. Grim stated that he had a problem with one site, not connectivity to the internet.

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 725
Grim said "some reason my Ip is banned over at dss community" and he mean his connectivity is OK but unable to log on to the site and thinks it is BANNED

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 806
Subash.....i recently exchanged my Linksys router to D-link and never had to go into any website etc... the linksys router kept lossing signals. Not sure why. I have the D-link router set up, one as the main computer (using the eithernet) and the rest of the Pc's are all wireless with wifi. All pc 's picked up the new router configurations without changing anything.

Grim... have you tried to get a new account with dss community? Just to see if your IP address was banned or not? Havent been on dss community for a few years now since n3 took over. Sometimes the site get a over halled and is temperarily closed down for up grades or somethiing. Maybe thats all it is.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16535
Grim...contact (email)

Soullezz or atr-killer ...@d*sscentral.net or @d*sscommunity.com (remove the asterik)

or U can find them in the chat there, they have can resolve your problem..

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 378
Cool thanks dude. So how you been aint seen ya in forever?

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 757
they are both HOLKARS and need DANDEKAR
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us