Archive through January 25, 2009

Username: Teamsimple

Post Number: 1
DIAMOND HDTV IS A LUMP OF COAL
Today marks 30 days since our Mitsubishi WD-52825 HDTV was picked up by the
factory authorized service representatives to be serviced for the fourth
time since we purchased from Tweeters Home Entertainment Group for $3,899.99
on 4/6/2005. $5,260.00 in total at the Tweeter Store including stand, cables, taxes.

Sold as the "top of the line model" the television came without the proper
software to allow the DVR to work with the set and the TV Guide on Screen.
Within 10 days of install by Tweeters the picture failed. The Tweeters
representative said it was the cable provider and we had the cable card
replaced. Since that date we have had 11 cable cards and three cable boxes
installed in the TV. On 10/19/2005 the factory representative came with a
complete light engine to service the set. Because of the 10 plus days the TV
was out of service I had contacted Mitsubishi and found out that there was a
software upgrade that would "resolve" the problem. It was sent to me and I
installed it prior to the service and it brought the picture back to life.

Never did Mitsubishi or Tweeters let us know that there were multiple
software upgrades released over the two years since our purchase of the television to address problems with the product. None of the upgrades have resolved our problems.

When the service representative came for the third visit November 16th of
this past year, the set had not been working for over a week. It is now 60
plus days without a set even though we purchased the Tweeter Factory Service
Extended Warranty. The service representative came back the second week of
December with several parts which he installed and the HDTV would not power
up. This was the first time that the cabinet was completely disassembled and
the tech stated that there were wires that were severed on a cable that
looked like it came from the factory defective and " he was surprised that
the set had functioned at all from the beginning." He also stated that this
was a part that was not in the Mitsubishi parts bin and he would try to get it
as soon as possible.

We believe that we are covered or should be covered by Mitsubishi for this
factory defect. We believe (see attached) that Tweeter should under their
extended warranty provide us with a new set. Mitsubishi has been of no
help at all yet their outsourcing call center folks have impeccable English.
We have not heard back from Tweeters, as stated at the beginning of this
letter, in 30 days.

Should not "Mitsubishi THE LEADER IN TELEVISION TECHNOLOGY FOR MORE THAN 25
YEARS" stand behind their product and correct the problem and should not
Tweeter honor the terms of the Extended Warranty?

Please facilitate this request and please help us. We are not asking for
anything that was not contracted, agreed upon, paid for or covered under law.

Username: Mick25

I have a WS55513 TV that had the dreaded blinking green light. $75 later a repairman said it would be over $1000 to fix it. I found this forum, and replaced the 4 capacitors on the DM board and the TV WORKED.....for 30 minutes. I did not reinstall the cover over the board, because it kept hitting the new capacitors, but everything else went together perfectly. Now, the TV will work fine for 30 minutes to 5 hours, then the picture will black out for a second, and reset itself with the format displayed on the upper left corner. Every few days, the remote control and power switch stops working and I have to unplug it for a minute, then everything will work again. Some days the TV will play fine all day, others it lasts for 30 minutes, then starts blacking out every few seconds to every few minutes.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fully repair this TV, or what the new problem is? It is only 3 1/2 years old. I am reluctant to trash it after such a short time after spending all the money I did for it.

Username: Tmstock

I have a Mitsubishi WS48511, and has the green light of death. Does the link from chris work with this tv as well? Please help. Thanks!

Username: Rsimonski

I am a new member trying to find out how to fix my daughters VS -5062 RPTV. When first turned on the picture rolls for 15 minutes and then finally locks in and runs fine. Is there a vertcal hold adjustment some where that I can adjust? Picture is great other than the rolling picture for 15 minutes. If no adjustment then what needs to be done? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Username: Mrssammie

Hi, I have a Mitsubishi 65" Big Screen Tv, Model WS65819. the other day i turned the Tv off for about an hour , and when i turned it back on there is no Picture, just a black screen,but the sound works fine. Please can anyone help. thanks

Username: Msyed500

Hello,

I have the WD-57731, and it has not been 1 year since i purchased this tv. It was working fine and all of a sudden recently when I powered it on, the video is not coming, but the sound does. There is a blinking green light on the timer indicator and then it turns into a solid green light on the same timer indicator, but the screen remains blank. Then after 1-2 minutes, the solid green light on the timer indicator turns into a solid red light on the status indicator, and the tv seems to shut off. The video is not coming at all. I don't think this is a lamp problem, since the lamp indicator did not turn on at all. Please help me someone, I will really appreciate it.

Username: Wheresthesun

Buffalo, NY USA

I have a Mitsubishi VS 5041 Rear Projection Television; it was working fine this morning. All I wanted to do, was adjust the brightness, and ended up playing with settings.

I cannot access the television now, although what I CAN do is play DVDs, no prob. and view TV stations in a tiny little box (PIP) without sound. Again, can't get the actual television to function properly.

I have all hooked up for antennae A, checked all my plugs, etc... I did unplug everything and went through the initial setup process...nothing. Any thoughts?

Username: Dougtv

Help with my 48" rear projection TV. Everytime I turn on the TV it goes into a vertical problem. I can not find a knob to adjust the vertical hold. How can I adjust the verical?

Username: Dougtv

Post Number: 2
Help. I have 48" Mitsubishi rear projection TV that when I turn it on it goes into a vertical problem. After a couple of minutes, the picture will settle down to a normal picture. I have looked all over for a vertical knob to adjust but can not find anything. Any idea how to adjust the picture or fix this problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 85
Doug,
Please give me more detail! What do you mean by "verticle problem"??! Can you take pictures?

Let me know.

Username: Tonyt334

i have a mitsubishi big screen model TS-5045, it works fine, but has a green outline on everything can anyone help!

Username: Ginawalt

Hi
I have a Mitsubishi big screen WS65613 1080. It started this winter, early mornings; when we pushed the power button the green LED light would blink, sometimes it would turn on other times it would not. We figured that it was because the house was cold. This week the green light blinks, will not stop blinking even when it is reset or unplugged from the power source. What do you think is wrong? Thanks

Username: Ace11

i have been reading all the issues you all have been haviving and i just wanted to say i bought a 63 inch rear projection Mitsubishi in 98 and it is and has always been awesome and I have 4 kids 12 and down. i just got rid of cable want the kids to read more and now i forgot how to program my remote which also still works. I remember when I first bought it my wife and I watched Platoon in the dark it was awesome.

Username: Gursk

Philadelphia, PA US

Hi,
I've got a WS-55809 that's showing vertical lines on the entire screen. Did some trouble shooting last night and still the same. Tried reset, disconnected direct tv from it, unplugged and waited 4 hrs., plugged it directly into the wall instead of the surge protector. Nothing. When I play the DVD player the picture is perfect. Can't figure out why that would be. Wondered if anyone had some ideas on this....before I go calling a repair place.
Thanks in advance!

Username: Lilly23

NYC

I have a mitsubishi WS-65807. It used to have a convergence issue, where there would be green and red lines around objects and words. That used to be fixed by tapping the lower side of the TV. Now, the tv will not power on. It makes no sounds when the power button is pressed, and nothing happens. I tried pressing "menu and input" but there are no blinking lights whatsoever.
I would appreciate any help!!

Username: Santi07

I have the same problem as Mary Cahill in the previous messages, where I can see the red, green, and blue horizontal lines. I may have the same problem as she does because I have the same tv a 54" Mitsubishi...Can someone help me fix it, I really don't have the money to spend on a repair if it can be fixed myself. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Username: Thelandlord

I have a Mitsubishi model 65819. I am getting what looks like cracks on the screen. I don't know if I have a removable diamond screen or not. I can only find two screws behind the lift up panel on the front. What is causing the cracks?

Username: Cliffgrimes

Denver, CO USA

Wow - there is a lot of info on this problem. I have a mits 46809 and ran into the convergence IC problem. I replaced the STK 392-570 ICs and put the board back but still had problems. I could see text but it was way out of convergence and the projectors would flash for the first 1 minute when I turned it on. I removed the board and took it to work - where I could check the components under a scope. Solder looked fine and no burns. I did find that one of the white ribbon cables had a pin pushed out so I checked the other side at home and found that 2 of these connectors had the same problem. I pushed the blades back into the connector and carefully reassembled. I turned the set on and I had good picture and convergence! Great, for about 15 minutes and then the set turned off. Now it will not stay on - it comes on for 1s. I suspect the pico fuses as mentioned above but will re-check the connector cables. Do the new ICs draw more current or did the old fuses just get weak? Just wondering why these would go bad with the new ICs.

Username: Cliffgrimes

Denver, CO USA

Found one of the 5a pico fuses to be bad, pulled the board (again) and replaced both. Put the board back in and everything works great! I had to adjust the focus but that was probably due to cleaning the lenses.

Is there a way to adjust the screen image? It appears that the image is larger than the screen - some of the edge text is not visible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Gina,
The power issue you are describing seems like a Lamp issue.. Have you replaced your lamp? That would be a starting point.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Mary & Racheal,
Unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes from the power source, then plug it back in. Turn the TV on... There is a small reset button right next to the lamp light in the front of your TV. While the TV is in the ON position, press and hold that button for 10 second... The TV should start to REBOOT. If the problem continues please let us know, we will move toward the next step in diagnosing the TV.

Username: Deadoaks

Hi I need help. I have a WS-55908 and it shut off today when I was switching input modes. I tried to turn it on, the power light came on for 3 seconds then turned off. I unplugged the tv and tried it again with the actual TV power switch and it still would not come on. Any Ideas?

Username: Johnserba

Anybody have any advice for my problem:

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62528. I turn it on, and get static. I can get to the menu, but it will lock up either when A) I attempt to access the audio setup portion of the menu or B) try to switch the input with the "device" button. Eventually, it shuts itself off and I get a rapidly blinking green light.

I just got home from vacation, and there may have been a power surge because I understand the power was shut off while we were gone and some of my other electronic items were out of wack. Wondering if the tv problem is related.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Username: Yfz450gc

CISCO, TEXAS USA

John, I to am having this problem. after a surge my LED light just blinks. after about a day it came back on and worked for a while but know it is blinking again. and we have not had any more surges. my model # is w55513. i still am looking for help..

Username: Johnserba

Gary: Luckily, I figured it out... I turned the TV on, and while the static was blaring, I could access the menu. I pulled up the "netcommand" option, and completely deleted the previous settings and started over from scratch, assigning inputs, etc., and it started working again - for two days now, with no problem.

Why it did this, I don't know... but yeah, mine worked for a while, but before the fix, some of my settings would be messed up (for example, it turned the TV speaker on when I previously had it shut off so I could run audio through my home theater), and I'd occasionally turn on the TV and get the "you need to set up the netcommand" screen, which I'd just cancel out of. But I didn't want to get that screen every time I turned it on, so I futzed with it, and that's when the TV started acting up.

It didn't make sense that the TV would work for a while, then suddenly, bang, the blinking green light, and the reset wouldn't work. So I just lucked upon a solution through trial and error... hope it works for you.

Username: Deadoaks

Is this a convergance problem?

Username: Kipsylala

I have a WS 55859 with problems -
switches on and then off immediately... with a click coming from inside.
I had the blinking green light of death 6 months ago so
I replaced the bad capacitors on the DM board 6 months ago and it was working fine after that - until now.

I found 2 bad PICO fuses on the main board F9A04 and 05 and these have been replaced and now test fine.

But the TV still won't turn on and stay on ---

HELP - Please !!

what to test, where to test and how.

Thanx in advance.

James

Username: Kipsylala

I pulled the power board and rechecked the pico fuses - F9A05 blew again...

I've now replace it 3 times - all the other pico fuses are fine.

Something is making this little guy blow - any ideas...

I'm stumped, frustrated and throughly P'ssed off...

Help from any source greatly appreciated...

cheers

James

Username: Cara75

Kyle, Texas

We have a WS-65513 that suddenly won't turn on today. The green LED is blinking fast and has been all day. I unplugged it from the wall for about an hour and a half, plugged it back in and it was immediately blinking again. I tried holding the reset button down for 10 seconds and that didn't do anything.

It seems like most other posters here were changing some setting at the time it went kaput or are at least able to get their TV to come on for a few seconds, but I don't even get that. And it worked fine last night when I watched it, but not this morning.

I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and I assumed they just pushed the buttons on the front repeatedly until it messed up, but after reading this thread, I wonder if something bigger isn't going on. And belatedly, I found today in the manual where I can apparently lock those buttons on the front of the set so the kids can't mess with them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? My husband would probably be able to do any sort of replacement/fix, we just need to know what to fix.

Thanks!
Cara

Username: Imillard

Brampton, Ontario Canada

I am working on a Mitsubishi VS-5041 rear projection set.

Originally it would work unless a 'black' screen came up, when the red color would 'bloom' until the set shut down (on overload?)

Now the TV goes on, and after 4-5 minutes it shuts itself off. (The relay near the PS heatsink clicks off.) Each time the TV remains on for a shorter period, until finally it won't come on at all. After several hours the cycle will begin again.

Also, there is a very thin black line across the center of the screen, regardless of what is being shown. And, the bottom center of the picture is warped upwards. Pincushion adjustments have no effect.

There doesn't seem to be any manuals or schematics available. So, can anyone tell me specifically which components to look at? Or are there three different problems?

Thanks;
Ian

Username: Chevelle771

Hi
I have a mitsubishi ws-65413.when you plug it in the green led light comes on. It doeset blink at all.the repair guy came out to look at it and said it was the signal pcb bord.I got a new board and installed it myself.That dident solve the problem.can you help me?
thanks
Brian

Username: Rlphwiggum

i have a WT46805 46" mitsubishi HDTV DLP
i got the issue with the convergence/3D effect.
it would come and go.

now it's to the point where my TV doesn't even stay on.

i'll turn it on, the timer light comes on, for about 3 seconds, no video, no audio, then it turns off.

i did the menu/input button and got 2 - 2.

through researching it seems like i need two things:

- 2 new pico fuses, which are ordered and on their way
- 2 new convergence ICs?
here's the issue, i'm not sure what model i need.
another person has this same issue but a different model TV and they were instructed to use sanyo STK392-570 ICs
but before spending $40 on both of 'em, i wanted to be positive.

thanks so much.

Username: Travis_mcdavid

I have a Mitsubishi Vs-60601 60" rear projection TV. We got it for free from a relative, and it worked great for a while. One day, while our daughter was watching it, the picture and sound stopped and then only a repetitive "thump, thump, thump" noise was audible. ~2 thumps a second or so if I had to guess.

Is there anyway I can fix this myself or would we be better off using it as fire wood and purchasing new?

Username: Kenw33

I have a WS-55859 that started acting up this week. When I turned it onto analog TV I get sound but no picture. I also get no picture when switched to my inputs such as satellite or VCR. I do get a normal HD picture and sound when switched to the digital TV input using the internal tuner. Also, all of my menus are displayed normally. I noticed that if I go into the menu to add/delete analog channels that the analog picture displays normally in the background behind the menu. I did a hard reset to clear all settings and reconfigured all channels. Again, I could see the analog picture in the background as it added channels but once I left the setup screen I had audio but no video. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this problem?

Thanks, Ken

Username: Seanz

Hello! I have a vs45605. Now, I can not turn the power on - pressing the power button makes the timer blink green for a second or so and then the timer goes off and nothing happens on the TV - no sound, no picture.
Following the instructions in this thread, I hold down Menu and Input for a few seconds and see the timer blink in the following pattern: 2 pause 4.
What does that mean? Please help. My little newphew wants to play video games on the TV. Thank you in advance.

Username: Dostadawg

I have a WS series TV with similar problems to those listed here. TV is about 2-3 years old and problem just started. Turns on but some of the function buttons on the remote will not work (pip swap, menu, pip chanel up/down). After about 15 seconds the set powers off and the green timer light blinks rapidly for about 15 seconds and then stops. Then I can power the set back on but the cycle continues.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Domotronix

Las Vegas, NV USA

Post Number: 4
I have a dead WS-55807 that was throwing error 22. I swapped the 570's and replaced F9A04. It now gives error 12 (which I believe is OK). It powers up, but the crt's will not fire. It does not turn itself off either. Very weird. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
James Brinkly,
Try disconnecting the ballast after replacing the fuses... Then attempt to turn on the set without the ballast.. see if it blows the fuses still. I'm thinking there is a fault in the high voltage power source wich is comming back to give the main power board a kick-back.

Also.. Check for bad transistor on the main power board. Normally the cause of blowing fuses.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Cara,
I'm sure it's just a lamp issue! I get mine from Discount-Merchant.com ... They have mitsubishi lamps for less than $150! For just about all models..

Pull the lamp first to see if there is physical damage before hand..

Username: Volleyworth

i have a wd 57731 and the lamp blew out. Just replaced the lamp and now the tv wont give me any tv options in hd. the highest it goes is 480. Can this be related to the bulb or is a different problem. And lastly when you replace the lamp does it smell for awhile til it is broken in? Any help would be great thanks

Username: Mebe

Hello there
I have the ws-55819 aswell but my problem is wheni trun the tv on it clicks then shuts off almost immediatly any thing i can do myself or is this a tech issue

Username: Aflac

Effingham, Il USA

I have a 55 proj tv that is about 4 yrs old and it will work for quite awhile then the screen will just flash on and off and will eventually stop doing this and be fine and then later or next day it will do it again??
Any ideas ...I have looked at post but didnt see this exact thing..unless I missed it in a quick scan?
Any help would be very much appreciated

Username: Takecover0508

Hey All,
My dad has a VS-405R, it's very old, but up until recently it worked fine. We did a little searching and found that the corrupt part number was 920P00501. We get a sound but no picture. Can someone tell us where to go from here?

Username: Mathteacher

I am begin given a Mitsubishi VS 5052. It powers on but after a minute or two, the screen goes black. It is not much to go on but does this sound familiar to anyone? Was wondering if it is worth repairing, since it is a 97 modle .. Any thoughts anyone ?

Username: Nara_l

Tustin, CA Usa

Hi All,

Please help. I have a 2005 Mits tv, model ws 48515 that suddenly shut down automatically. I tried to turn the power on but only green BLINKING LIGHT flashing then stop after after few seconds. Nothing came on, no sound, no picture.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nara L

Tustin, CA Usa

Post Number: 3
Al,
If you are still around please help. After I read the forum I think I have the same problem with the pico fuse. My tv just turned off by itself and never turn back on again. When I pushed the power only a green light came on and went away.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Username: E_wills

Fishers, IN USA

My TV will not power on after the green light quits blinking. I have tried the reset as well as unplugging/plugging back in but still no power with either the remote or the TV power switch. Any ideas to fix?

Username: Dennislv

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 5
If you haven't replaced the STK's, you need to. And if you did, you need to check/change your pico fuses. There's detailed instructions in the archives of this thread. I get all my parts from domotronix-ltd.com

Tustin, CA Usa

Dennis,
Thanks for the reply. I tried opening the back and check the fuse, but could not find the area where to look. I have very limited experience with electronics, please help.

Nara

Username: Hatecrow

I have the green blinking going on as most here do. i replaced the 4 cap and it still just blinks. Its the Mits WS-65513 made in Sep 2003. I was quoted by 2 shops at 500 and 700 to do the fix. At this point im ready to push it off mt decki and head to Sams club for an LCD. What can i do next. Frustrated Tim

Username: Born_hard

Post Number: 9
I have Mitsubishi Projection TV WS-48511
i'm having color offset problem; you can see blue and red around objects
I tried the basic color adjust
Can anyone help me how to adjust convergence to align colors back

any help will be appreciated

Username: Dabb

My Mitsubishi WD-52525 has no picture, no sound but only green horizontal lines across the middle 2/3 of the screen. I would appreciate any ideas as to how to fix the set. A service tech told me that I need a new chassis, wants to send mine back to the factory, and wants $1100 for the repair. Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 47
P Dabbieri,
Check 3300 x 16v cap.'s in power supply.
must be 2 of them in there.
Good luck

Username: Yikes2000

Just want to share my story. Perhaps it will help someone as this whole thread has helped me.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65857 manufactured in 2001. It developed the "hourglass" problem slowly over several months (it comes and goes, but eventually stayed), so I ordered 3 STK392-570 and 2 125V/5A PICO fuses from http://www.bluestar-online.com. My set only needed 2 STK392-570, I ordered the extra one "just in case".

FIRST repair attempt, one month ago:

I opened up the TV and checked the soldering connections to old STK390-570's. They looked perfect, no heat induced separation. I replaced them with a pair of new ones anyway. Also checked the fuses, all were good. Turned on the TV, green light came on for 2-3 seconds, then shuts off (self protection mode).

Re-checked the fuses, one of them (F9A04 or 05) was open. Pulled out the board and replaced both. Turned on TV and it worked - for a few weeks.

SECOND repair attempt, yesterday:

TV went into self protection mode again. My wife said our toddler was turning it on and off rapidly, then it did this. I re-checked all fuses, F9A04 and 05 were both open. Went to a local electronics store and bought 5 125V/5A PICO fuses in a tube for $13. I had a hunch I was going to burn throught these.

Replaced F9A04/05 and turned on the TV. Self protection mode again. Re-checked fuses, F9A04 was open. At this point I suspected one of the new STK392-570 had gone bad, but which one? They both looked fine. Picked one at random and replaced it with the spare STK392-570. Also replaced F9A04. Turned on TV, self protection mode. Sigh...

One last shot: replaced the other STK392-570 with the one I just pulled out, also replaced F9A04 yet again. Turned on TV, SUCCESS! Hopefully it will work for longer than a few weeks this time.

SUMMARY:

I ordered 3 STK392-570 and one of them went bad within a month. My soldering skill is above-average (a lot of practice in high school), so rule out human error. These STK392-570 were $5.99 each. Other places were $18 and claimed to be "Sanyo 100% original", although I've read that Sanyo no longer makes these, so they are basically the same parts. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

It's also possible that something else in my TV is damaging the STK392-570. But I don't have the time or technical skill to diagnose it, so I will wait and see.

Username: Ron_s

Reno, Nevada Usa

I have misubishi WS-55813
with non stop blinking light from hell. I have change the four cap on dm board no help what is next? has any one found the soulution to this problem would like some help. Thanks ron s rcsbuilder@gmail.com}

Username: Mab

I'm working on a convergence problem with the TV I have. I replaced both STK329-110 with STK329-125's (which may have been my first mistake). After replacing them I brought up the menu for setting factory defaults on convergence. This did not work so I went to the manual menu and found I could not move the cross hairs left/right. They would move up/down but since things were out of line that did not help.
I've search on this board for similar problems and did not find this, wondering if anyone here knows what could be the problem. My first guess is bad STK chips, but don't really know.

Thanks for any help...

Username: Bigjimb1

I see a lot of posts regarding the rapidly blinking green light, but I don't see any posted solutions. My WS65869 just started doing this 2 days ago after a power failure. Have left it unplugged for 24 hours, tried the reset, etc. No luck. Does anyone have the 'fix' for this? I read a few posts about replacing caps, what caps?

Is there a service manual available somewhere?

Thanks - Jim

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Jim,
if you look from back of your TV set, you will see separate inputs for digital tuner. Mits. Calls that DM module. Inside of that module only have a 2 boards.1 big one is dm board, other one
small one, which mounted on top of 1st
is a power board for dm. On that power board you will see about 6 or 7 1000mf caps. 1 or 2 of them probably went bad.
If you can check which ones went bad, then good, just replace them with new ones. If you cant, then replace all.
Good luck

Username: C_mitchell06

i am new to this, i have a 1993 mitsubishi 38" model ck-35402 television and my mother wants to give it away and i told her i would take it as long as i can fix it. when u turn it on it has a long line going across the middle of the tv. its like a sixteenth of an inch. and the bottom and top are black. please help me with this.

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 6
Chad, take a look at this following URL. You have a Vertical Collapse.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/TV_/_Monitor_/_Fault_Diagnosis

Username: Junglestud

A long shot, but if anyone can't seem to get their set working, I need some parts that would work on a ws65807. I know alot of the other models interchange, so hopefully I might have a bit of luck!

ok thanks, now is there a possible way to find out were to look in the back of the television in order to fix it? it said i should look at the capacitor on the vertical I.C, were is that?

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 7
Typically where the flyback connectors to the PCB. You really need to be familiar with what your doing to do this safely. Look for obviously defective parts.

is there somehow i can see a picture of where it is located? thanks for helping me out with this.

there is a flicker and it makes a flicker noise, what is a dry joint? and there is a brown wire coming out of the video board and it connects to nothing.

Username: Brossdavis

Hey, can someone help me with my WS-55807 55"? The screen turns on then goes blank after a few minutes, and the sound remains the same. Turning off the TV brings the picture back sometimes, as does lightly tapping the sides, but now it's getting harder to get it to come back. Also, the picture will come back and stay sometimes, or it will just cut back out in another minute. Weird.

Username: Spagna

Boca Raton, FL USA

Hello,

I have a WS-48511 that I purchased on 2002-11-29, so it is 6 years old.

A couple of weeks ago, when I switched from Ant-DTV to Cable, the unit shut off.

When I tried to turn it back on, the green light would come on for about 3 seconds and then it went out and the unit will not come on.

I searched on the internet and found this forum.

When I pressed and held Device and Menu for 5 seconds, I received the 22 code (5 times), Short Detect.

So, I took the set apart (instructions for this are slightly different than in the document I downloaded from this site, see below).

My DM board is a separate board and had 7 of the 1000 uf capacitors on it. So ordered them and just finish replacing them

My unit will stil not come on. However, not I get the 21 code (X-Ray protect). What do I have to do to fix that?

Thanks,
Rick

To remove the box with the DM board on the WS-48511, you don't need to move the main board.

There are 4 sets of wires coming out of the box. Once you disconnect them, simply push up on the box and pull it forward to get it out.

Boca Raton, FL USA

In regards to my last post, I checked again and now it flashes the 22 code. What else could it be?

Boca Raton, FL USA

One other note, I thought I had ordered the 25 volt capacitors, but I ordered the 16 volt ones. Could this be the problem (that is, I need to use the 25 volt capacitors instead of the 16 volt)?

Username: Btec

Mount Shasta, CA

My brother has a Mitsubishi WT46805. He just got the TV in trade. The TV was working fine and today it started a vertical roll from top left to bottom right. Any ideas?

Username: April44

I am looking for a power transformer: Mitsubishi part # 350P754010 (P754-1) It is located on powerboard # 930B862003.

Mitsubishi Projection TV Model #WS-55805
Serial # 105152.

Apparently Mitsubishi does not carry them or stock them....it's too old (1999). Does anyone have that part or know who stocks "old" parts.

Username: Wicstro

Have a VS-60609 and tv has been working great. Came downstairs this morning and it will not turn on. No green light, nothing. I unplugged it before I left and will check it when I get home. Any thoughts on what I may be looking at?

Username: Devathabhi

Hi I have a Mitsubishi CS2005R projection tv, I was watching some movie and suddenly it just turned off. When I tried to turn it back on, a white screen appears and it turns off by itself. I am not sure what the problem is

Could someone help me with this?

Username: Thedeftoneskid

Hi,

A Mitsubushi ws55711 was handed down to me with issues from the start. The screen could not properly converge... I could get about 2/3 of the tv to line up and that would leave the remaining 1/3 out of whack with out being able to adjust it. Also the picture bent in at the bottom on both sides. I took of the speaker grills and unscrewed the plate in the middle to get at the focus adjustment knobs, fiddled with them for a little bit with out getting the result I wanted. Did some more searching online and found a service manual... I got into the advanced convergence menu and started adjusting the settings in there. While adjusting the width of the picture the tv shut off. I tried turning it back with no luck, tried resetting it with the pinhole button with no luck and I tried unplugging it with no luck. When I press the device and menu buttons on the front I get the error 22 which is "Short Protect". I was wondering if there was another way of doing a hard reset or whipping any settings without having the tv power on.

Thanks

Username: Austin735

Utah

I have a Mitsubishi WS 65713 TV turns off by itself... I turn it on works for a few second and it turn off by itself. when it turn off it goes to blue screen you can hit the menu button and it works but no video feed from anything. I got an Error Message of Blink once pause then blink twice can anyone help

Username: Jmsmaine

I have a Mitsubishi MD-52825 Black Diamond DLP. I too have the pulsating green light of doom. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this beast? It is strange because sometimes it will just work, other times it just needs to be rebooted once, today... there is no hope. Thanks for any helpful advice.

Username: Joe321

Please help me, family is geting impatient. mits ws-b55 rear projection 2002 not dlp. plug the set in green blinking light for 60 sec. will not start after that. I changed the 7 caps on the small dm board even though they looked fine. nothing leaking,picture looked fine,all caps look good no visible burn marks on the boards.no stuck buttons, tried the remote also

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Joe,
How did you check front control buttons?
Did you unplug front control board?
If not then, just unplug whole front control board. then try remote

Username: Jmsmaine

sorry the TV is A WD-52825.

Boca Raton, FL USA

I have a Mitsubishi WS48-511. See my posts above. After replacing the 7 caps on the DM Board, I still had the error code 22. So, time to call in the experts. I used Stereo Fixers in Boca Raton.

Turns out the convergence control IC needed to be replaced. After he mentioned that this is what was needed, I remembered having problems with the convergence on and off for a few days before the set would not come back on.

So, for just under $400, my set is back and working.

T, thank you for helping. I just unpluged the front board and tried the remote... nothing. when i plug it in i can here the high pitched charge up sound that it would normaly make.

Username: Millsapsthomas

hello ok i have a few questions i have read over all the topics on here and have a good idea on what is wrong with my tv but i am new to all this and would like ot ask for some more help

i ran the code test and came up with 12 no error but as soon as i turn on the tv it shuts off and makes a clicking sound i i have read that 4 caps need to be replaced does anyone have a picture where we can see they are located at and where would i get the new one from?? and how to replace them? i have a vs-60707 60 inch please feel free to email me at millsapsthomas@yahoo.com

thank you

Username: Atrigo

hello all,

first of all, great discusion site...

I have a MITSUBISHI WT 42313 with convergence problems. the initial problem was the RED convergence; a really bad 3-D effect. I replaced the 2 STK 394-250 chips, and it seemed to work fine for about 3 hours, then the red convergence problem comes back.

now, after power-up, the tv works fine for about 30 minutes and then my convergence problems. any sugesstions, fixes, pics of fuses?

Username: Bhinesley

In

Hello,
I'm looking for help with my Mitsu WS55807. A year ago it would not power on, no green light- nothing. Had it looked at & the tech replaced the resistor at location R9A02, after which it worked perfectly. Then 6 months later the same thing. So i replaced the resistor, but there were no specs on what the resistor should be. I was advised to use a 5w 2.2 ohm resistor which I did and the tv works but the picture is not what it should be. there is a green fringe/ghosting. Any ideas???
the set is 8 years old but beautiful when it works, I don't want to spend a lot to fix it.

Username: Blacdard

Houston, TX

I've got a WS-65903. It's had a few problems over the years (the repair job I paid for used very inadequate replacement parts... 1300V 12A transistor instead of 1700V 20A, for example) Anyway, it started with the "powers off after being turned on" thing again, so I replaced that power transistor and got it to start up. Now, the red convergence seems messed up, as the red portion of the screen scrolls quickly up and a little left until jumping back down and starting over again. So, I swapped the convergence hybrids to see if it would start scrolling horizontally (to identify which to replace, and isolate it further otherwise), only it didn't change that and now the blue channel is doing the same sort of thing. I'm going to try swapping them back, but does anyone have a better idea what's going on?

Username: Mstalou

i have a ws-55511. The tv was on for about 5 minutes then all of the sudden the screen flickered and now the colors are sepereated. I have a red and green wavy line seperation. I tried to unplug the tv fro 15 minutes then turn on & hold the reset button, but this didnt help the problem. can anyone help me?

Username: Kwiceman

I cant tell if this question has been answered or not, but my friends and i use a mitsibishi ws-65513 for gaming and movies. we want to hook up a pc but the dvi port doesn't seem to be working

Username: Txporkchop

Dallas, Tx Usa

I seem to have a vertical hold problem with my WS-65908 Mitsubishi any fixes I can Try?

Username: Jayjackson1224

Hi everyone...great forum!! I'm having an issue with my Mitsubishi hd 1080 series ws-55613 55in.

I'm getting sound with no picture. I've recently had at&t uverse installed but it's worked fine for about a week and then all of a sudden...no picture. I've checked all the wires and everything is still connected, nothing even loose. I talked to at&t and they don't detect a problem on their end. I haven't had one problem with the picture or anything in the 6 years I've had it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Alex_chilton

got an older mitsubishi vs-60601 that needs a new high voltage transformer. the repair guy told me they dont make them anymore and he cant get one. i'm not sure of the model # or manufacturer (maybe tamura). anybody have info on this part and where i might be able to find one? thnaks.

Username: Gamer1515

Ohio

i read some posts here. Did anyone find out why the mitsubishi tv Will power off and have a blinking green light. But can turn back on after it sits for a minute. But will keep powering off? My error code is #12. Which means no error? Anyone who could help , i would greatly appreciate it.Thanks

Username: Big_al_dogs125

Hows it goin my mitsu is doin the same thing and i checked each pico fuse and they are all good they dont show any sign of being blown they look nice and clean and new now on the inside of my mitsu (ws-55859 by the way)is a sticker that shows the location of each pico fuse and i checked each location and like i said they are fine i dont know if anyone else has that sticker but any help on the next course of action would be most welcomed thank u for ur time and efforts

now after i removed the digital control box and checked the pico fuses on the dm board i put it all back together and now the blinking has stopped and when i turn on the tv it goes on then turns off after 2 or 3 secs does there have to be a signal to the tv for it to stay on or did i stumble onto something that changed the way it is behaving since the blinking has stopped maybe i moved something or tightened 1 of the 4 harnesses enough to make it stop blinking ty for any help

well i found the problem to my mitsu ws-55859 blinking light on the front turns out the dm board was touching the metal plate that it is fastned to i dont know how but it was? Also there were marks on the metal plate that seemed to coincide with the two black volt regulators their position were exactly mirrored on the plate from the position on the board i put some paper between the board and plate and thats why the blinking stopped but now i have the problem of where i turn it on and 2or 3 secs later it turns off i dont know if this will help anyone but i will keep on trying to fix the prob and let everyone know my progress so they can fix their mitsu as well i think im gonna check the dm board a lil closer seeing as it was touching the metal tray it is mounted too or maybe just buy a new dm board if anyone knows where to buy the dm board as cheap as poss pls let me know ty 1 and all

welll it took a while but i found my prob for my mitsu ws-55859 and the blinking timer light turns out the tuner in the dm box is shorted there is a little jumper on the side of the tuner in the dm box behind a few capacitors remove that jumper and see if the short goes away its caused by the standby 5 volts for the dm box so i found a new tuner for $5.45 at http://www.matelectronics.com/acatalog/Tuners its on its way and my tv turns on again so im using my tv with out that tuner in it for now until the part comes in hope this helps anyone with this prob

Post Number: 5
diregard that link its the wrong 1 the actuall link is http://www.matelectronics.com

Post Number: 6
this is the part number that i found on the side of the tuner and this is the number its sold under at mat electronics #295P49002

Alex keep me posted as mine is having some simmilar problems.
Wont turn on at all. all fuses are good.
I looked at the dm board for the jumper you talked about and found the spot but no jumper is installed.
anybody please help.

Username: Flyweagle

United States

Have a Mitsubishi WS-65813. Upon power-up, get a blinking green light for 2-3 seconds, followed by TV shut down. Error code test shows "Code 21". Have verified this code 12 times and always Code 21. In laymans terms, what may be the issue and can you provide me with repair procedures.

Thanks,
FlywEagle

Username: Kzk

NEED HELP!!!!
I have a mitsubishi WS-55511 and it will not power on. I was watching the tv couple of days a go and it just shuts off. there is no indication of power comming to the tv, the light on the front panel does not light up. there is not sound or picture on the tv. I took the back panel off to see if i can find any bad fusses there, only found one right by the power cord and the fuse looks good. any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us