Mitsubishi DLPs

Anonymous

Has anyone seen the new Mits DLPs? I hear they are HD2+ units and out perform the Samsungs

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
Went to a local GG today. I couldn't believe how great a picture the 52" had. It was set up next to the Sony and the Samsung. Mits was first, Sam was 2nd, and the Sony came in third. The blacks were solid and not just grey. It looks like it was worth the wait. It was also $200 off MSRP. Didn't buy it yet, but it's on the top of the list now before football season.

justsomeguy
Unregistered guest
I saw it today too at a local GG. Mitsu doesn't even have it listed on their website yet. I think I'll give it a month or three and see how other people like it. Mitsu makes great quality tv's, but I tend to shy away from early versions.

justsomeguy
Unregistered guest
The salesguy at GG didn't know if the Mitsu is DLP2+ or DLP3, he said they hadn't received the sales sheets yet. They just got them in the day before I saw them. However, I noticed on the back that there's an HDMI interface but NO DVI interface!

Also, I compared the Mitsu to the Samsung HLP. They weren't showing the same programming, but both were HD signals, and I'd have to say that the Samsung seems brigher, but the Mitsu has better definition of detail in dark areas. It also felt smoother during fast action sequences. It's $700 more expensive though ($4200 vs $3500) and I'm not sure it justifies that premium, especially if it's only a DLP2+.

Username: Bajanbeef

Post Number: 1
I AM ALSO CONSIDERING THE NEW MITSU. A STORE OWNER SAID IT HAS THE LATEST CHIP FROM TEXAS INSTRUMENTS (HD2+). I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO WAIT TIL AUG MAYBE SEPT FOR SAMMY HLP5674W, ALTHOUGH THIS IS I BELIEVE MITSU'S FIRST DLP, BUT THEY ARE THE BIG SCREEN COMPANY. I HAD A MITSU DIRECT VIEW FOR IONS. THE MANUAL SAYS YOU CAN GO DVI WITH A HDMI TO DVI CONNECT. ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE APPRECIATED. READY TO PULL THE TRIGGER GUYS!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us