My RCA HD52W57 Stopped working correctly..Help Please!!

Username: Transblam32

Post Number: 1
I have an RCA model HD52W57 and on a random day the t.v. made a loud popping noise and will not show any picture. The power on light illuminates around 7-11 times(blinking) before shutting off. While the t.v. is powered on with no picture the sound will still come through. The t.v. is completely apart of all plastic and screen. Any ideas to repair this problem? Or if this is something that this T.V. is known for? Thank you for your time.

Username: Rca_ray

Post Number: 1
Hey 'Nuffin. It sounds like the bulb for the light gun needs to be replaced. I have an RCA 50in. LCD and I believe I had the same problem. No video, only audio, and a flashing power button. If those are the symptoms you can go online to Shop.com and order the complete bulb and housing assembly which will cost several hundred dollars or you can buy the bulb separately for about $150. You can also find complete installation instructions online. You'll be taking the housing out, taking it apart, replacing the bulb and putting it back together and putting the housing unit back in the tv. I hope that helps.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1637
Dontknow......
You can confirm a bad lamp in about a minute. The popping noise is a dead giveaway that it's a goner.
Remove the old lamp. It'll be under a cover.....than the housing / lamp will be removable, but may be screwed in. Maybe a thumbscrew or (less likely) you'll need a tool.
shake the removed lamp. The tinkling noise? Dead Lamp.

Do a google for your set and check out 'service menu' for your set.
Somewhere buried in there should be lamp hours. Just as an example, my Sony RPTV went about 7500 hours before the same 'pop' and ooops....needs a lamp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us