Samsung HL-R5667 freezes up and no control

Username: Justgreene

Aurora, IL USA

Post Number: 4
My Samsung DLP HL-R5667W started freezing up a while back. It is freezing up especially when I watch in DVR mode or another a/v input mode like dvd or vhs. It starts with no sound, then freezes up, goes black screen, then starts again. It goes through this cycle every few minutes. It did this when I had a dvd player hooked up with component cables and watching a show through my DVR. My cable box is hooked up with a HDMI cable and I had these issues in both live TV mode as well as through the DVR. After some reserach and discussion in other forums I have narrowed it down to the digital video board. However, sometimes I hear a click sound and I get a black screen with no controls whatsoever. So, I am thinking it could be a lamp, ballast, and the board - which is the light engine. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Crowell

Post Number: 11
Hey Justin Greene.
Dose your tv freezes on both digital (HDMI & VGA computer) and analog (component, s-video, coaxial) inputs?
Here is a post I found that might help shed some light.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
If you are really short on cash you might want to inspect the boards physically for any swollen capacitors, or cold soldering so you can pinpoint the board that giving you trouble.
If you're not to sure you'll have to buy new boards.
Hope this helps you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us