Mitsubishi WS-55313 vs Sony KP57WS510 vs KP57WV600 which is better?

Username: Gluyas

Anaheim , California USA

Post Number: 6
Help me out guys! I'm breaking my head right now. Which one do you recommend and why?

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 73
I am no expert but I will say that I purchased a Mitsu 55313 a couple of months ago and I love it. I was considering the Sony Ws510 and Toshiba (i can't remember the model). I have a friend who is a manager for HIFI Buys and he said the Mitsu is what everyone has that works there. Mitsu also is second only to Sony according to Consumer reports on amounts of defects. The Sony finished slightly better but both were recommended. Price wise you can get much more tv out of the Mitsu, the Sony brand name is what you are paying for. I paid the same for a 55" Mitsu that I would have had to pay for a 51" Sony.
My dad and brother both have the Mitsu 65313 and have had no problems with them. I also believe the picture was more to my liking on the Mitsu.

Username: Levike

Cathedral City, California USA

Post Number: 10
Hi
I am planning on getting the Mitsu 48315, the 48313 is also available for about the same price, but the 48315 is a better TV. I am only getting the 48 inch model, because the 55 or bigger would not fit into my room. I don't have the TV yet, but it should be at the end of July. I wanted to find out how does the Aspect Ratio work on your TV? Do you see any bars on widescreen movies??
Please write me back
Thanks

Bye

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 75
Sometimes you will get bars even on widescreen. It depends on how the movie was filmed, although you can use the stretch feature to fill the screen. If this feature is used then you will lose a bit of the picture but nothing you will really miss. I leave the setting on standard since most movies do not have the bars, or at least the ones I have seen.

Username: P5surf

New York

Post Number: 1
I have the 65315 for less than 1 week. I've been experimenting with many different setups. So far I'm very pleased.
Will be happy to post more, when I have used it more.

Username: Tberte

Post Number: 6
Hey Levi-Furi, I'm thinking about getting the 48" TV as well. That is still a big Television, isn't it? Another thing I'm worried about is moving it around, (WEIGHT WISE) Isn't going to take 4-5 guys to move one of these 55-60" TVs around?

Username: P5surf

New York

Post Number: 4
Mininday - larger internal projection televisions are on casters - so they just wheel around. It is actually easier for me to get behind the 65 than it ever was for me to work on my old 36" RCA tube on a fixed stand.
As an update to the Mitsu ws65315 - Got it in 1080i mode with HDTV from cable company - picture looks incredible. Also got a Samsung hd-dvd841 that outputs 1080i mode.
Next we need a really good surround system. I want a powered sub-woofer for those awesome bass sounds.
I'm considering going with Polk for speakers and I'm not sure about an amp/pream/eq/effects/etc.. any suggestions??

Username: Tberte

Post Number: 8
Ok Paul....but you can't use the casters on stairs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us