Problems with color on Samsung HLN5065W 50-Inch Widescreen Projection

Username: Welchs101

Post Number: 1
A friend has the samsung HLN5065W projection TV and he is having issues with the color. I am attaching two pics so you can see. I like to tinker so he asked me to take a look. I have never worked on something like this. Although i have worked on several LCD computer monitors. Any help you guys can give would be great. Even if its "Hey the cost is too much to fix" just let me know.

Upload

Post Number: 2
anyone have any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 995
A wild stab in the dark but many of the DLP TV problems are caused by the color wheel:

Color Wheel #BP96-00250A Price $83.25 Call Encompass Parts
1-800-638-3328

Post Number: 3
Is this hard to change? Any documents/info on how to do this? And does this place you mention have the color wheel for this specific model? Also, any idea on how long the fix will last?

Post Number: 4
Anybody out there?

Post Number: 5
I guess no one uses this site like they used to. Bummer. I used to get great help on this site. Oh well.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1002
Yes it is! And how is it again that you have contributed?

Post Number: 6
I am sorry. I should not have said that. I was just surprised that there were such few responses. I saw how many other people had comments about this very same TV in other blogs and i figured that i would get the same.

I think what i should have said instead is that " I guess this TV is not as popular as it once was so no one is as interested in it anymore".

Again, sorry.

Username: Crowell

Post Number: 4
That doesn't look like the color wheel problem, it's more like a DMD or digital video board. When the color wheel is defective you hear any whining or whirling sounds coming from the back of your tv, or there are colored blobs on the screen.
Try to bring up the tv menu with your remote, if the menu appears perfectly with no defects, then it's the digital video board. If not then it's the DMD board. Good luck.

Post Number: 7
Do you think its worth looking at? I had already told my friend its probably not worth fixing.......i would hate to get his hopes up again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us