Galaxy 23 121W FTA

Bronze Member
Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 83
Anyone getting this satellite?
If so are you getting Setanta and AmericaOne?

Thanks

Username: Priime

Post Number: 1
Hi there, this is my first post ..

I was catching Setanta on AMC 4 a few wks ago but have never been able to get it since ..

I have neither Setanta or AmericaOne on Galaxy 23 or any sat for that matter at this time so if you find out where to get them it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know ..

If your looking for sports though, Galaxy 23 has STO which is a sports station out of Cleveland .. I'm not much of a Cleveland fan but they do have the odd live game .. I'm currently watching the Cleveland St/Butler game live on that channel as we speak .. That's about the only actual 'sports station' I can find on fta right now so if you might know of any others let me know that also.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigspud

Post Number: 70
Setanta and AmericaOne on Galaxy 23 worky fer me good.

Setanta on amc4 scrambled viaccess.

Post Number: 2
I just tried a re-scan (blind) and neither of those two channels came up for some reason, weird, does it have anything to do with location possibly? .. I am in Toronto ..

As I said Setanta was working for me on AMC4 a few wks back, so they must have scrambled it, changed it to Galaxy 23 and your a lucky one picking it up ..

I'm kind of new at this so what does viaccess mean?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
try a manual scan

me located in west canuckistan.

Post Number: 3
How do you do a manual scan?

My Viewsat Ultra receiver options have Channel, Auto and Blind scans.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
if u scan your manual, it will tell u how to do a manual scan.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12317
Priime

Do a blind scan!

Post Number: 4
If you re-read my 2nd message I noted I did that when I re-scanned Galaxy 23 .. For some reason those channels are not picking up .. I am wondering if my signal/quality is strong enough .. Most of my best channels only come in at 50% quality, tops and that's pretty rare .. I even have trouble finding locals, like fox/abc/nbc etc .. The only place I have found them is in the virgin islands and puerto rico and sometimes they don't come in because of the signal .. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
What size dish are you using?
I am new to this too and just got a motor for my 36" dish
From what i understand in order to get TP frequencies in the 3000-4000 range you need the large 6 foot dish and low frequency lnb. So if you are scanning galaxy 23 you will not get Setanta and American one, I think? Can someone confirm this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
me use 10ft dish for cband.

Silver Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 315
From what i understand in order to get TP frequencies in the 3000-4000 range you need the large 6 foot dish and low frequency lnb

A 6 foot dish isn't going to work for cband. A 9 foot will do, but a 10 foot is what you should use. Now if you want quality, go with a 12 footer. :-)

Chances are, if you look around a little, you might be able to pick one up for free.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Yes bigger is always better

Post Number: 5
So how are you catching those channels if you only have a 36" dish? .. I'm using a motorized 48" dish and catching alot of c-band but unfortunately not those two particular channels .. Like I said I was catching Setanta on AMC 4 up until a few weeks back but it just stopped working one day for some reason and I haven't been able to get it on any other sat since.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12336
Priime

You are right!

It seem that Setanta is gone from AMC-4!

Post Number: 6
Question is why and where did it go then? ..

Lavaboy says he's getting it on Galaxy 23 but I tried and can't get it there.

Silver Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 224
Galaxy 23 at 121.0° W.. .. C - band

try.. ..AMC 4 at 101.0°W
W12157 V tp 23 30000-?
Setanta Sports USA

Sunday, January 17, 2010
6:15 am ET Premier League: Manchester United 3 v Burnley 0.... .. 8:30 am ET Live Premier League: Aston Villa v West Ham
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us