Samsung HLSA4676SX

Username: Cleonard73

Chesapeake, VA

Post Number: 4
Well I just turned my tv on and low and behold evenly spaced verticle lines across the screen. Well Samsung was just out a week ago today to correct a problem with the 300 white dots I had on my tv. They replaced the chip with the mirrors on it. Well now this. I call Samsung and they called the repair place that came out to fix the tv last week. They said it sound suspicious. My question would be does this sound like the same chip that was replaced and as or right now it seems to be an intermittent issue. I have attached a picture of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.Upload

Username: Joerendo

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a Samsung HLN5065W DLP. She has failed on me in the past. The first failure was a color wheel, it had the typical scream and so it had to be replaced. A few weeks later it went dark and refused to respond to being powered on at all, no lights no nothing. I checked the power board by forcing it on and all the voltages checked out so I ordered a new digital board, replaced it and it worked great for 2 years.

Now a new adventure into the back of my TV. This time I get the attempted lamp start, 3 cycles, and the three flashing lights. I figure, ok its about time the lamp failed, no big deal. I ordered the new lamp replaced it and I have no change.

Information I have:
I checked the power feed to the ballast, it reads a solid 380VDC. I also get 5VDC on the blue pin of the connector between the ballast and the DMD board.
My color wheel does not turn at all.

I want to try and isolate my problem.
Can i "force on" my ballast to rule out ballast trouble?
Can i check the cables running to the color wheel to learn anything?

I think I've narrowed it down to one of three things
1. Ballast
2. Color Wheel
3. DMD Board-please no!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated. I think DMD boards run >$300 bucks and I just don't know if its worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us