PANSAT GOING IKS

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 473
pansatdongle.com

Silver Member
Username: Ez2ctv

HOPE ESTATE, GRAND BAHAMA... Commonwealth...

Post Number: 148
IKS only game in town. More Mfg./ Distributors will be going this route.

Tells me it's going to be a LONG cold winter (maybe even hell freezing over) before we get a stand alone fix for ANY FTA receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Jryevols

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 117
Please help me out as I am a Pansat user and don't understand IKS. Does it mean that a cable must be connected to the computer and run to the TV for me to watch TV LIKE I use to? Please tell me where I can read about this hook up and how it works?

J

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 417
it works threw your high speed internet connection connects to the stb's makers server they have in place for us to recieve the pictures that we have and also they sub from im understanding so that they can stream the d/n line up for us over the internet

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 474
It will go from you router to the dongle.

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 112
If you do not have a dongle you can hook it straight to your dingle. I know a guy that tried it

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 287
The internet connection is only for Bin updates and keys. The programing will come from your satellite dish.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15767
The dongle is not available yet but according to Pansatdongle.com, it will be available for ALL Pansats.

application/mswordUpload
Pansat Dongle.doc (24.1 k)

Pansat Dongle
(Coming Soon)
'¢ New! Works for ALL Pansat Receivers!
'¢ Web based firmware updates
'¢ Connect to Your Home Network
'¢ Watch Videos and Photos from your PC
'¢ Listen to MP3 Music on your TV
'¢ Internet TV and Radio
'¢ Downloadable Electronic Program Guide (EPG)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15768
The Pansatdongle site is a separate site from Panarex, just as sonicviewihub site is separate from Sonicview name.
The dongle, i.e. IKS service is NOT available yet.
Right now they are just selling Pansat boxes of all kinds and giving you URLs of other sites where you can find older BINs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15769
REGISTRY WHOIS FOR PANSATDONGLE.COM

Domain Name: pansatdongle.com

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://www.pansatdongle.com/
IP: 72.167.232.76
IP Location: Scottsdale, United States
Website Status: active
Server Type: Apache

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Nalin...thank you for beng so helpful and providing bs. I have been using my Pansats for a long time but don't truly understand how this works. Before I loaded bins , codes etc from the computer onto SD card and then loaded it into receiver. Someone on this site is saying that I still load the information into the receiver from the computer. I assume this dongle is a device that hooks to the receiver to make it work. Does the dish still have to be pointed in different directions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Nalin...thank you for beng so helpful and providing bs. I have been using my Pansats for a long time but don't truly understand how this works. Before I loaded bins , codes etc from the computer onto SD card and then loaded it into receiver. Someone on this site is saying that I still load the information into the receiver from the computer. I assume this dongle is a device that hooks to the receiver to make it work. Does the dish still have to be pointed in different directions?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15771
As far as I can see, IKS and dongle are similar devices functionally.
You buy this device (about $100), and interpose it between your router and your receiver. The router end is an Ethernet connection and the receiver end is usually a 9 pin DB9 connector.
Then instead of loading your BIN from your computer and then disconnecting, you load whatever the "dongle" of "IKS" is giving you - usually it is fairly automatic. The advantage is that you do not have to repeatedly look for BINs and load them. The disadvantage is that you have to stay connected to the internet all the time.
some people are concerned about keeping connected all the time. There are several active threads about IKS as applied to Nfusion, Sonicview and Kbox, and a couple of threads about the legal ans security aspect of your IP address being visible to the outside world.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Nalin

Do we have to re-adjust any of the birds or do they stay the same for DN

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1836
Congrats Rush You own Akron 7 for 10

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10530
sat-man

No you rescan your actual satellites.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1837
sat-man
You can use the same 3 satellites for DN

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838

Silver Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 134
If it was a Pansat product, it would be listed only on the official Pansat site, not some other site. This is a typical cybersquatter. When you go just to the official Pansat site, there is no mention of any dongle.

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 288
The Dongle is like modifying and old clunker (memory space). Wouldn't it be better to buy an Nfusion than modify old Pansat.
There will be more memory for futher bins.

Comments ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15783
If and when this Pansat Dongle is available and if it woks with old Pansats, then you might use it with say a 3500 and have best of both worlds, i.e. established name, a reasonably good receiver and all the N3 channels from both big providers.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10532
Upmanis

If it si a Pansat 2500, don't lose your time with this old receiver, not enough memory and processor is too slow.
A Nfusion is a good choice.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3263
Nobody likes you here Nalin you just figuring that out?

Bronze Member
Username: Doggymanable

Post Number: 15
plymouth can I hook stright from dongle to computer and not go wirless

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I ment to say on nfusion

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10548
Yes a guy had do it, you create a bridge between your Wifi connection and the Ethernet input (if you have it) in My connexion of your computer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
what kind of cable do I need

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10551
For the bridge, you only set it in XP, you don't need cable, use a standard Network cable between your ethernet input of computer which you hook on your Nfusion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us