DishNet and Bell Info and Help

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through January 01, 2005Anonymous100
Archive through August 26, 2004Anonymous91
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

bkk
Unregistered guest
Also found info that the 301-013 should be erased at Flash 2 at SA15; tried this also, but still only getting two channels (101 & 103) and Location ID is still 00000001.

(Previous 'Anonymous' post--at 08:51 pm--also from me, bkk.)

Silver Member
Username: Fryguy

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 479
Or you may need to do a full TSOP flash from a backed-up image or find a and modify a bin image for your IRD. TSOP edit program will make modifying the values easy.

bkk
Unregistered guest
OK, I've seen what FryGuy mentioned before, but that's where I'm having problems. Please give details on how to do the full TSOP write.

My version 2.9.11 of jKeys is reading the IRD# and Box Key incorrectly, but it is the one that I'm using to erase the Flash. (Older version of jKeys only goes to SA10.) Version 2.0.1 is what I used to backup/create a bin file. I used tsopedit 1.0 to modify the file adding the correct IRD and Box Key, etc. So now I have a bin file ready to go.

How do I write it to the IRD board?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 480
If you have a backup before the location ID 00000001 then use j-keys to erace flash 1 and 2 and restore both TSOP bins to the flash memory chips. Basicly,Its like flatening your computers hard drive and doing a full restore.

largo key
Unregistered guest
How to get a password from a locked receiver...this is a cut and paste..

The receiver password is located in the eeprom and is simple as hell to read using hexworkshop.
Remember that the eeprom is only 2K so you can Jtag and read/save the eeprom in mere seconds
if you don't have a copy already. You do NOT need the TSOP file to find the password.

Anyway, just open hexworkshop and then open the eeprom.bin file and you will see two lines in
the top window of hexworkshop. Just scroll down in the eeprom file until you come to this line:

0000031E

Your password will be there in the right window as plain as day. If you look on the line I mentioned above you will see the password is concealed in the same fashion as it was on 225 and lower 3X 3X 3X 3X in part of that line.

Charlie has simply moved the info from the TSOP to the eeprom with the format unchanged.

I hope this helps some of you that are having problems with this. God knows I have read
dozens of threads on this around the net and I finally got our answer!!!!

2700, 2800, 3700, 3900, 4700, 4900

With your remote control, press:
Menu>6>3>info>Right arrow(browse)>left arrow(theme),then the memory dump will pop up,
using the down arrow key,go to line #NVM 01C0, and there 4 sets hex # on that line,and the password # you looking for is on the 3rd set.
you will see something like 12340000, the 1st four # are you password in reverse order,so your password will is 3412.

DP 301, 3100

With your remote control, press "menu", then "6" (system setup),
then "3"(diagnostics), now press "info", then "right", then "left"
you should be in the Memory Dump Page now,
scroll down (press "down") to line NVM 0320,
look to the 2nd column on right, your 4 digit password should be there,seperated by 3's
For example, if your password is 9999, the number should look like this: 39393939........

Username: Cancan

Post Number: 5
Hi,
Brought a DN301 and a DP500pro dish...but i can't seen to get even a little bit of the 119 or 110 bird signal. i know i'm pointing the dish according to what dishnetwork's calculater are saying....anyone has any idea?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 501
A shortcut to largo key's method on the 2700 and 3100/301:

When to the memory dump page simply hit the tv/video buton to corrupt the memory.

This will force a rebuild of the memory, that resets all the settings to the factory default.

NOTE: All data on the eeprom will wiped, this means any custom guides and settings you have including the password.

Heather
Unregistered guest
I have read through the site to see if anyone else has had this problem but haven't found anything so I am not sure what to do. We have a Bev receiver with open card and it went down so I know that I have to do the fix on Jeepers with the new code however every time I download jeepers and try and use it is says "Error locating program configuration files, limited functionality", and the jeepers program won't let me do anything. I am using a PC with Win98 and downloading JeepersDX (the only version I can find). If anyone can help I would really appreicate it!
Thanks!

Heather
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,
I knew I was asking a stupid question but I thought I would ask anyways, instead of pulling my hair out! I figured out that it was a simple step that I missed, (I really don't know much about this stuff!!!). Thanks anyways, and sorry for wasting your time!

largo key
Unregistered guest
Heather have U read the atmega28 settings thread?

shaysbadboy
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me how to reset a dishnet receiver model 3800

largo key
Unregistered guest
It resets itself eveytime you pull a card out and put it back in.

Anonymous

just got bellvue has been aquiring sat for four hours bot used with card

Nintai
Unregistered guest
I have a dish 501DVR receiver and at first I was losing the 110W channels and then the 119W channels as well. The signal was gone and the diagnostic test for the switch did not detect a valid switch. Took the dual LNB/switch to my dealer and they gave me a new one. However, I still get the same results. They said to call Dish as it's probaby the receiver, but I want to know my options for fixing it before calling.

Any suggestions?

Username: Scully_me

Post Number: 1
Hi people,

I use to have a dss-rev card (red card) for bev last year from someone who had a contact. Sadly it has stopped working cause one of the viruses they are shooting.. :-O(
So i ahve planned to buy teh programmer with the card this time ao i could reprogram it.

I would like to know if it is really comlpicated to program and configure. Also if someone of you knows a safe site to buy from in u.s. (since in can. there is none). One you have tested or a friend did.. :o)

Thank you for your kind help, it's really appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 11
Pretty simple question you asked there fucknuts...let me answer it for you...

BELL-fucking sucks monkey ass
DISHNETWORK-the cat's ass

No comparison fruit cake...go with Dish

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 516
Knee Grow. Both test perfectly in the hands of an experienced tester. Go with what you like for programming is best. You can get a common model receiver, and then you can change between them as often as you change your under*wear if you wish. Its all up to what they want, I have played with both and they are fairly equal with their own pros and cons.
(* LOL, they dont allow that word for crying out loud)

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 518
Nintai, it's a process of elimination. If you have ruled out the LNBF and Switch, rule out damaged cables at your location next. A bad connector or pinched cable can cause lots of problems. Intermittent problems are always the worst to troubleshoot.

Some receivers have an internal test screen to check all systems connected to the processor. I would run that to see if it all passes if you have it on your model.

A receiver is like a computer, it has software or firmware as it's called, so your last option is to rule out a software problem. I have had this problem with a receiver that didn't update properly. To fix this and rule this out I would take a fresh virgin TSOP .bin image and enter your numbers into the virgin TSOP .bin image (TSOP edit) then erase and do a full write of the new TSOP image (j-keys with a j-tag) to the receiver.

If that don't solve anything then it's a hardware problem for sure. The you can send it off for repair or replace the receiver.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 519
toto danois, Its called an electronic counter measure(ECM) that they send, not a virus.

(A virus is a piece of code that self replicates and propagates itself over and over)

Programming the DSS REV Cards is fairly easy to do if you have some basic knowledge of testing and computers.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 520
Anonymous, Your card has not been programed properly if you got a good signal.

Username: Echostarspy

I stronly recommend that you stop the hacking and just subscribe to a satellite service of your choice. If you can't afford it
GET A JOB! hacking is illegal (see fcc rule on cable act of 1984 on fcc.gov website). Also reference dmca copyright act on fcc site. Here at echostar we are committed to finding and prosecuting hackers. Blackbird, pansat, and other mpeg-2 receivers are Free to air units. When you upload non-factory software into these units to descramble pay tv channels you just committed a federal offense.

Good news is echostar will very soon be switching to Mpeg-4 datastream which means your little mpeg-2 receivers will be about worthless for stealing from echostar LLC. We are presently running IP logging software now on this forum.

MR. ED'S HORSE
Unregistered guest
hey f face you ca not be charge for stealing direct tv in canada, what is discarded at the curb is not stealing that is why all canadian do it , as for fta same deal, as long as dave and charlie leave there signal at the border and not do anything about it its fair game buddy , red the CRTC rulings,so if the hacker north of the border if we have the no how then we will continue to do so.

largo key
Unregistered guest
I think U should read the FCC rulings and CRTC rulings again..it is still illegal to steal ANY foreign signals in Canada,and so is the equipment used, once U flash it!...just want to set the record straight...I don't agree with it,but it is the court rulings and present laws in place. Unfortunately both Dave and Charlie have and do still get assistance from the FCC and Canadian authorities to enforce and prosecute violators..

THE LAW STORE
Unregistered guest
LARGO KEY

FOR YOUR READING:AND FOR EVERYBODY ELSE

1 February 2001
Below is the official ruling in French concerning the case of R v Scullion & Callan in a preliminary hearing that lasted almost 2 years and heard 23 days of evidence in court. The UNOFFICIAL translation into ENGLISH is beneath this ruling. Please note that the Official Ruling was scanned from the original and that I translated from French to English. Only the French version is official.
Please note that the Judge, the honourable Michel Mercier thought that this preliminary hearing was unnecessary and was a useless spending to time, effort and money and that the crown knew or should have known that they could not meet an esential element required for the supposed crime, that of a "LAWFUL DISTRIBUTOR" in Canada whose signal was being decoded and who could therefore charge the "LAWFUL CHARGE" called for in the law. It was legitimate to wonder if the hearing was at all useful, said the Honourable Judge Mr. Michel Mercier.
This case was also Appealed to the Superior Court where the honourable Mr. Justice Jean-Guy Boislard refused the appeal and also said that this case should NOT have been brought before him by the crown, either. Needless to say these comments plus other evidence make it clear that there is a strong civil suit which can and will be brought by us. In addition, the Supreme Court of Canada in a recent ruling, R v Proulx, awarded substantial damages (over 2 Million dollars) against the CROWN when there was no reasonable expectation of conviction. This was done to prevent abuses such as this in the justice system, in my opinion. We fully expect to follow up on this too as this was clearly a perversion of the justice system.
Please also note that Frances Callan is my lawful wife and that in Quebec, a woman is required to use her maiden name for all legal matters. In actual fact my wife had nothing to do with the business and was charged ONLY so that the government could grab my wives money since I have terminal cancer and began transferring my assets to her in 1996. Obviously I do not want her to have a problem if I pass away. But the crown charged her with all the same crimes they charged me with, just so they could grab her money too. Pretty outrageous since she is not an officer of the company and was not even the office manager who looked after the office. In fact she had no official role with the company at all since I had 15 employees including an in house accountant and a full time office manager. My wifes official position. Wife and mummie to my 5 year old daughter.
The ruling starts below the line and is in ENGLISH about half way down this page.
To The REAL King!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUR DU QUEBEC
(Chambre criminelle & pénale)

C A N A D A
PROVINCE DE QUEBEC
DISTRICT DE BEAUHARNOIS
NO: 760-01-012813-991
SALABERRY-DE-VALLEYFIELD, le let février 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOUS LA PRESIDENCE
DE L'HONORABLE JUGE MICHEL MERCIER

LA REINE
Plaignante

c.
REGINALD SCULLION
FRANCES CALLAN
accusés

ENQUETE PRELIMINAIRE
D E C I S I O N
S U R
RENVOI A PROCES

Me Francine Chartrand, Me Monique Perron
Substituts du procureur général
Me Richard Shadley, Me Leanne Holland
Me Joe LaLeggia
Procureurs Des accusés
PROCEDURES
La preuve a l'enquete préliminaire s'est échelonnée sur 23 jours, plusieurs pieces ont été déposées, des admissions ont été faites et des témoins experts hautement qualifiés sont venus expliquer le monde des télécommunications par satellite.
Les procureurs ont argumenté par écrit et fait parvenir de la jurisprudence.
TOILE DE FOND
La toile de fond de toute cette affaire est bien décrite par la
Cour d'appel de la Colombie Britannique et s'applique intégralement a la présente:

"The distribution and marketing of TV. Signals has been changed dramatically by satellite technology. A TV. Broadcaster may now send its signal to a satellite located above the earth, and the satellite will send back the same signal covering a large area of the earths surface (the signals "footprint"). The footprint can cover an area as large as the continent of North America. The signal can therefore be sent direct to any place that has a device for receiving the signal. The system is called "direct to home (DTH) television.
"In order to protect the commercial value of DTH TV. Signals they are "encrypted" or scrambled by the broadcaster. To be received in intelligible form the signal must be decoded or unscrambled. If one wishes to receive these signals one must subscribe to the channel or channels providing the signals. On paying the subscription fee, the subscriber is provided by the broadcaster with an authorization message, or key, unique to the subscribers decoder, which activates the decoder."
Without the decoder, and without the authorization key, the signal remains scrambled and unintelligible.
"For many years preceding satellite TV. broadcasting, and DTH TV., the government of Canada regulated both radio and television broadcasting with legislation. This legislation has been amended and added to over time, and the present legislative scheme is now contained in the Radiocommunication Act and the Broadcasting Act, S.C. 1991, c. 11, as well as in some provisions of the Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-46, the Copyright Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-42, and the Competition Act R.S.C. 1985 C. C-34. The scheme includes a licensing regime for Canadian broadcasters, and provisions designed to protect both the licensee and government control over the broadcasting industry. "
"The plaintiff is licensed by the Canadian Radio & Television Commission (the C.R.T.C.) to broadcast DTH Tv. programming via satellite to Canadian subscribers. Canadian residents who subscribe to the ... programming, and who own an Expressvu DTH satellite decoding system, are authorized or enabled to decode the encrypted subscription programming signals transmitted by the plaintiff, and thus view the programming for which they have subscribed."
"There is only one other licensed satellite DTH broadcaster in Canada. It is Star Choice. "
"There are similar DTH services operating in the United States of America. They are Direct T.V. and Echo Star. Those firms are licensed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (F.C.C.) to broadcast encrypted subscription programming signals for viewing in the United States, and to provide the other services necessary to accomplish that end. Counsel advised that the American companies 'signals are not authorized under the F.C.C. rules to be broadcast for reception and decoding outside the U.S."
"The satellite TV. Signals, of course, do not recognize international boundaries. As pointed out earlier, the footprint of the signals may cover the whole of the North American continent. With the necessary decoder and key, signals originating in one country can be received in another."

next page balance

the law store
Unregistered guest
LA PREUVE
La preuve n'est peu ou pas contredite et elle est suffisante pour démontrer que les accusés étaient en possession de matériel pouvant servir a décoder un signal d'abonnement provenant des Etats-Unis. La preuve révele que Réginald Scullion joue au chat et a la souris avec les experts de la compagnie américaine et réussit fort habilement a débrouiller le signal crypté de DirecTv entre autres, et ce a plusieurs reprises en programmant les "smart cards" servant a protéger le signal de programmation de Direct TV. Direct TV a son siege social au Royaume-Uni, fait crypter ses "smart cards" en Israel, achete ses cartes d'un fabricant unique, N.D.S America, et détient une licence du F.C.C. aux Etats-Unis et n'est pas autorisé a diffuser au Canada. C'est plutot Star Choice, Bell Express Vu qui sont le pendant de Direct TV et USSB et qui détiennent les droits accordés par le CRTC.
LES ACCUSATIONS
La poursuite a porté contre les accusés 10 chefs d'accusation qu'on peut regrouper ainsi:
1. Vol de télécommunication contre Direct TV, USSB, General Instrument en vertu de l'article 334 du Code criminel, référence 326, (chefs 1, 2 et 8).
2. Recel de somme d'argent de plus de 5,000.00$ en vertu de Particle 355a), (chefs 9 et 10).
3. Obtention... contre Direct TV, USSB, en vertu de l'article 327(1), (chefs 3 et 4).
4. Faux de fabrication de cartes a puces selon l'article 367, (chef 5).
5. Méfait contre N.D.S America selon l'article 430 du Code criminel, (chef 6).
1 Bell Expressvu c. Rex, Brithish Colurnbia, C.A. 20W BCJ 1803, 7 sept 2000, p.2-3

6. Interception, fonction d'ordinateur, article 432.1 du Code criminel, (chef 7).
JURIDICTION
La poursuite, déja dans le préambule de son argumentation, soutient qu'a titre de magistrat, enqueteur: je n'ai pas le pouvoir de me servir de la Loi sur la Radiocommunication au Canada et que toute interprétation de cette loi dans la présente affaire ne peut etre utile.
En réplique, dans ses notes, la poursuite réitere cet argument.
Bien conscient de la juridiction que j'exerce en vertu du Code criminel, je ne peux décider de la suffisance de la preuve a l'enquete préliminaire sans vérifier les éléments essentiels que la Couronne doit prouver "prima face" pour obtenir le renvoi a proces.
Incidemment, le mandat de perquisition, au début de cette affaire a été émis en vertu de cette loi et la poursuite, elle-meme, me fournit des arrets jurisprudentiels qui passent forcément par l'interprétation de cette Loi de la Radiocommunication pour déterminer si l'infraction a été commise.
En conséquence, je ne peux partager l'avis de la poursuite a ce sujet; ignorer l'interprétation qu'ont donné les tribunaux sur cette loi équivaudrait tant qu'a moi a ne pas exercer ma juridiction que me confere le Code criminel a l'enquete préliminaire.

"The many different 'grounds" set forth in the application and the mass of supporting documents and argument filed by both parties serve as a distraction from what I consider to be the essentail issue."2
Je fais miens ces propos du juge Haliburton J., dans R. c. Leblanc, (1997) N.S.J., #476, p.6. J'ai eu l'impression en lisant cette phrase que le juge Haliburton avait siégé a mes cotés dans cette enquete.
La preuve abondante m'a convaincu et ce des le début de l'audition, que M. Scullion a converti la programmation des cartes a puces (smart cards) et les a modifiées pour permettre d'obtenir la programmation totale sans restriction de Direct TV et USSB, ce qui d'ailleurs n'a pas été vivement contesté lors de l'audition.
2 R- v. Leblanc, (1997) N.S.J. no 476 p.6
Mais les accusés pouvaient-ils voler les services de télécommunication? Sans l'ombre d'un doute si Bell Expressvu ou Star Choice était impliqué en lieux et places de Direct TV et USSB, la réponse serait oui. Y a-t-il une différence tout simplement parce qu'il s'agit d'un signal d'une compagnie qui n'existe pas légalement au Canada?
Pour répondre a cette question et décider de l'issu de la présente affaire, il faut revoir la jurisprudence qui existe sur ce point particulier en assez grand nombre depuis plus de 10 ans.
LE VOL
Par analogie, on ne penserait pas accuser quelqu'un de vol parce qu'il s'achete une radio et intercepte des ondes en syntonisant un poste a fréquence AM ou FM; il répond cependant exactement a la définition a premiere vue puisqu'il intercepte des ondes. De meme avec un poste de télévision, on ne pense pas porter des accusations de vol si l'on branche le téléviseur a une antenne quelconque ou capte les signaux des émissions... (la qualité laisse peut-etre a désirer) bien qu'on réponde mot a mot a la définition, on ne commet pas de vol. Si cependant on utilise un cable sans payer les frais inhérents, il y a a ce moment-la, un vol de communication.
Ou réside donc la différence? Elle est dans la tarification et c'est tout le débat jurisprudentiel dans cette affaire.
Dans le meme sens, celui qui fouille les vidanges ne commet pas de vol bien qu'il prenne ce qui ne lui appartient pas; il répond cependant a la définition simple et primaire du vol: prendre quelque chose qui ne nous appartient pas; et si on va plus loin pour comprendre cette évidence qui tombe sous le sens, on comprend qu'il n'y a pas de vol parce que l'objet est sans valeur et a été abandonné ou déclaré sans valeur par son propriétaire. On ne peut voler quelque chose sans valeur. Or ici la bataille des ondes est une bataille d'argent.

"The investigating officers, the R.C.M.P., alleged theft contrary to Section 327(l) of' the Criminal Code. That section makes it an offence to sell a device designed to receive telecommunication "without payment of a lawful charge" for that reception. Certainly, the DIRECTV signal coming from the U.S.A. was a telecommunication and the marketing of the black box or descrambler, together with a Smart Card, was intended for use in obtaining that signal. However, before it would have been possible for an accused to commit an offence under that section, there must have been a telecommunication service capable of being received by the equipment and for which there could have been a "lawful charge". 3
C'est le CRTC qui a selon la loi le pouvoir de réglementer les ondes radio et tout ce domaine; il n'a pas accordé de licence a
USSB et Direct TV qui d'ailleurs ne semblent pas en avoir demandé selon la preuve. C'est une question de politique qui ne regarde en rien les tribunaux. Le CRTC détermine ce qui est dans le commerce des ondes... radio et communication et c'est la que les définitions sont importantes. Les présumées victimes ne peuvent donc pas posséder de services de communication au Canada et ne peuvent pas etre victime de vol. Le juge Haliburton dans la R. c. Leblanc, a la page 9, s'exprime ainsi:

"It is clear that an essential ingredient required to convict an accused person under Section 327 is that the defined apparatus is intended to receive a signal for which there is a "lawful charge" 4
et un peu plus loin, le juge ajoute a la page 10, et je cite:
3 R v. Leblanc, (1997) N.SJ. DRS 97-17270, no 476, p.8
4 R- v. Leblanc, (1997) N.SJ. no 476 p.9

"Once the material is deposited at curb side, normal citizens would assume that the merchant has abandoned any property interest in the material. The merchant can hardly be heard to complain of "loss" of some item in which he claims a particular property interest if somebody else comes along and picks it up and makes use of it. On the particular facts alleged here, we have DIRECTV which is licensed to, sell their satellite programming in continental U.S.A. and who are not lawfully authorized to sell that signal in Canada, complaining because receivers outside their broadcast area have found a way to pick up that signal. The illegal activity, indeed, is the activity of DIRECTV who are clandestinely selling their signal to Canadians by the artifice of post office boxes within the U.S.A. Since the satellite signal is broadcast at large, the broadcaster bas no special property interest in a signal disseminated over an area where they have no authority to recover a fee."5
A la Cour d'appel de l'Ontario dans R. c. Fulop, il est clairement statué ceci:

"In Our opinion, to the extent that it was necessary for the Crown to prove that Rogers were entitled to charge fees for the pay T. V service supplied by it, it could be done by evidence given by any person... "6
Alors la question de l'obligation qu'a la Couronne de prouver qu'il s'agissait d'une compagnie pouvant légalement faire des affaires au Canada est claire, cette preuve ne devant pas etre trop formaliste; on ajoute meme plus loin que la Cour est autorisée, et Je cite:
5 R v. Leblanc, (1997) N.S.J. no 476 p. 10
6 R. c. Fulop, (1988) O.J. no 1979, p.3

"to take judicial notice of the provision of the Broadcasting Act, and the Canadian Radio-Television and TeIecommunications Act. "7
C'est donc dire qu'il est de connaissance judiciaire si oui ou non une compagnie est autorisée par le CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission). Dans ce cas, dans la R. c. Fulop, Rogers Cable T.V. étant une compagnie canadienne, l'accusé a été déclaré coupable en vertu de l'article 287.1 du Code criminel (maintenant article 327). Le 10 décembre 1990, la Cour Supreme du Canada a unanimement donné son accord a l'interprétation de l'article 327 du Code criminel que la Cour d'appel de l'Ontario avait rendu dans l'affaire Fulop.
Cette question au centre du débat est reprise par le juge
Kennedy dans R. c. Love et je cite:

"It protects in Canada the rights of a la lawful distributor and prevents, the theft of signals purchased by the lawful distributor. If there were no lawful distributor of the signal in Canada, can the prohibition extend to non-resident enterprises whose signals happen to overlap in to Canada? I think not.8
Dans Bell Expressvu c. Rex, le juge Brennan dit ceci:

"In my view, if Parliament had intended in that section to make it an offence in Canada to decode foreign encrypted transmissions orginating outside Canada as contended by the Plaintiff, it would have said so." 9
Dans ce jugement de la Cour d'appel de la Colombie Britannique du 7 septembre 2000, la question du litige est claire:
7 K c. Fulop, (1988) OJ. no 1979, p.3
8 R. c. Love, (1997) MJ, no 109, Q.B.
9 Bell ExTressvu c. Rex, (1999) B.CJ. no 3092

The issue in this case is whether s. 9(l)(c) of the Radiocommunication Act R.S.C. 1985, c. R-2 enacts an absolute prohibition against the reception in Canada of satellite television signals that originate in another jurisdiction; or whether the section prohibits only the unauthorized reception of such signals broadcast by "lawful distributors" in Canada. The learned chambers judge held the latter to be the correct interpretation of the section, following the decisions of three other Canadian superior courts, and declining to follow the contrary interpretation in another line of decisions which hold the view that the section is an absolute prohibition. "10
Non seulement citer les accusés a proces serait les soumettre et les exposer a un proces inutile mais on est meme en droit a se demander si l'enquete préliminaire était utile.
Dépenses de temps, d'énergie et d'argent alors que des le début la poursuite savait qu'il s'agissait de compagnies étrangeres, savait ou devait savoir son obligation de prouver cet élément essentiel de "lawfull distributor" alors que le plus haut Tribunal du pays avait confirmé cette facon de voir dans l'arret Fulop en 1990. Enfin, mes collegues, Madame les juges Micheline Dufour et Danielle Coté, récemment, ont suivi cette dans R. c. Thériault & D'Argy11 et R. c. S.D.S. Satellite Inc. & Difazio 12.
S'il y a eu quelques décisions qui voulaient interpréter de facon plus large la définition de "distributeur légitime", elles n'ont pas survécu et doivent céder sur l'enseignement de la Cour Supreme qui dans l'affaire Fulop se dit en accord avec l'obligation qu'a reconnu la Cour d'appel de l'Ontario qu'a la poursuite de faire la preuve de cet élément.
Des décisions de plusieurs Cours d'appel ont été rendues dans presque toutes les provinces, soit de l'Ontario, L'Aberta, la Nouvelle-Ecosse, la Saskatchewan, la Colombie-Britannique, le Nouveau-Brunswick, le Manitoba, la Cour Fédérale d'appel et la Cour Supreme du Canada.
L'état du droit est clair et je n'ai pas l'intention d'innover; ni les procureurs, ni le soussigné n'ont trouvé de décisions a la Cour d'appel du Québec.
10 Bell Expressvu c. Rex, B.C.J. no 1803, 7 septembre 2000
11 R c. Thériault & D'Argy, 405-73-000132-991, 18-09-2000
12 R. c. S.D.S. Satellite Inc. & Difazio, 540-73-000055-980
Je fais miens les propos de la Cour dans R. c. Ereiser et je cite:

THE LAW STORE
Unregistered guest
GEE THANKS BUT THE POINT WAS TO PROVIDE INFO , I DID NOT MAKE ANY ENDORSEMENTS LARGO.
SO WHY ARE YOU SO PISSED.
YOU BROUGHT OUT ONLY ANOTHER FACT SO WHATS YOUR POINT. THE GENERAL RULE IS IF ITS IN THE AIR AND I CAN RECEIVE THAT SIGNAL AND DECODE IT >>>>>>>

WHY DONT YOU ADD TO THE THREAD CONSTRUCTIVELY INSTEAD OF BASSING IT .

WELL WHAT ABOUT IT !

largo key
Unregistered guest
My point is to also provide info, BUT with truth and reality of the laws and enforcement of those laws!...that it is illegal to steal satellite in Canada or even own equipment,such as a "flashed" FTA..I felt that your post was misleading and not being totally truthful to the readers here..I felt they should know the real truth and the big picture and possible consequences..many here are very new and even ask about the legality..the truth is constructive and is not bashing!

law store
Unregistered guest
largo look :
my posting was a copy from a legal site ok, i found it not to be misleading but to be taken with a grain of salt, I welcome your toughts on the subject as well, my point was to open up a debate and to help the membership out .
yes it may be deemed to my against the law .but as far as i am personnelly ,have no problem decodeing non canadian signals ,
is that not what i am doing with the simplest antenna?or a c band dish with a side car on it.

and as far as i know theyarestill going at the dealers of equipment not the end user , correct me if i am wrong.

paul

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 532
There are different types of users of this information.

1) Steal signal (just want free TV)
2) Educational (If they do programming and electronics and pay for the TV anyway)

With the DMCA any cracking of decryption of protection schemes is illegal period. The simple copying of a DVD is legal, but once you remove the region coding and that's illegal.

The owning of decryption equipment or conditional access cards is not illegal it's the use of them to gain or steal signal that your not paying for that is illegal. In hacking it gaining access to an area that your not normally allowed into that's illegal.

There is good (white hat) hacking there is the bad (black hat) hacking with everything.

Hacking is about understanding technology and gaining the knowledge and information on how it works, not about stealing!

Joppl9
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how do you do the reset on a 3100 with the newest firmware: E535? It seems that the old junkyard fix dont work with the new firmware and location 0320 in mem dump gives a false reading of password. help please

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 537
A junkyard fix with any receiver is a bad idea, it's best to learn to use a j-tag and do it properly.

Bronze Member
Username: Dtv

Post Number: 74
is bev and dish network going to be down forever soon

MarkyMark
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how do you do the reset on a 3100 with the newest firmware: E535? It seems that the old junkyard fix dont work with the new firmware and location 0320 in mem dump gives a false reading of password. help please

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 554
Mike, forever is a long time. I would call it a resing period before testing is back in action again.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 555
MarkyMark, Use a j-tag and J-keys is the best way to work with the memory areas.

Another way you can do it would be to go in the minu you can do the full dump of the eeprom by hitting the TV/Video button when in the momory dump window this will corrupt the EEPROM and force a renew of the whole memory. NOTE: all custom menus and settings along with the password will be reset also.

Memory Dump/Hard Reset for 3100 IRD:

With your remote press
(Menu)
(6)
(3)
Then be fairly fast and press
(Info)
(>>> ) Right
(<<< ) Left
A memory dump screen will appear, and then press
(Tv/video)
A memory corrupt screen will appear.
Put your remote down and unplug your IRD (receiver)
Wait for a few minutes. Plug it back in

Username: Moemeyet

jeepers gives me a message
failed to enter program mode.
Any suggestions.

Username: Moemeyet

Post Number: 2
Hey LK
I went to link and now I am more confused,
thanks for trying.

LK
Unregistered guest
FYI...Ecm is in stream,rom 2's without blockers and full ppv's are fine,rom 3's and 10's with checksum are down..

LK
Unregistered guest
They are trying to write a spending limit tier to the cam,,if your blocker prevents the write ,then the signal to ecm the ird goes to the ird,

open this as a patch and apply it to the cam first,then add tiers then blocker,,should be ok for now,,but who knows whats next on this Super Bowl weekend.

!add 0C 1101010901869F000000000000004B000032

This is for rom 10,,havent tested it on rom 3 yet,but it should work,,if you have a rom 3,open it in the patch area,or cut and paste it there,then TEST it,,if no errors or warnings you are ready to run it then add tiers and blocker

LK
Unregistered guest
Got a question for anyone who may be able to help-
I have been using a checksum blocker on Rom 3 and Rom 10's.
Today of course my receivers got ECM'd I am assuming.

I erased SA7 in flash one on my 301-10 and restreamed and all seems well now.I also have a model 2800 which I tried to erase SA7 in flash one and I guess screwed it up (boot sector??) it wont turn on anymore- so I had a copy of the original TSOP so I reprogrammed (full) the backup bin file and it is now fixed as well...

My question is this- On 2700-2800 IRD's what part can I safely erase to solve this latest ECM issue. I dont want to have to reprogram tsops when i erase the wrong area..that sucks and takes alot of time
And what about higher model numbers say in the Model 3000's etc..
Is there a sector that I can simply erase to solve this ECM?

What I am trying to do is establish (and write down) a list of different model #'s and what to erase in what flash etc...Then all I have to do is restream/update and back in business without all the headaches of messed up tsops and reprogramming..

So does anybody have this info already?
like for the 2700's 0r the 3000 series model #??
I can say as far as the Model 301-10 i erased SA7 in flash one (i did it twice to be sure) and upon hooking it back up it took just a few minutes to update and come back on..thanks again and maybe I have helped out someone.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:12 pm Post subject:

2700,2800,,,any model that only has,I believe it is 10 sectors,,check drop down box in jkeys when you go to flash programming,,Earse SA 5 three times and restream

3800,3900,4900,,these types that have 30 Sectors in drop down box,,earse SA30 3 times and restream

301:010 earse Sa 7 in flash 1 and restream,

not sure about 301"013,

Bronze Member
Username: Allic

Post Number: 59
27/28/37/47/4900=sa0
some 47/4900&poss some 38/3900 need sa30
3100 010 sa0
501/5100 sa13
c&p from dudemans316_provider conversion guide

hope this helps

Sammy2
Unregistered guest
My 301 was hit and will not turn on. I have tried turning the digital lock on and off with no success. Itried resetting the IRD no success. Any ideas?

LK
Unregistered guest
To fix your receiver from the recent ECM:

1. connect JTAG to receiver.
2. open up Jkeys2.99.
3. enter flash programming
4. On the full line select the down arrow and select the SA address for your model.
5. Make sure the SA address is displayed and then select erase, you get a verification popup asking if you want to erase theis sector.
6. Place receiver in the stream, without the smart card. The unit will flash the power light a feww times then go solid, don't worry about a picture at this point, you won't get one.
7. When the update is complete, the receiver will be displaying the system information screen, now verify the loacation ID has changed to some thing other than 000001.Also verify the software version has the -N and Not the -F, if it's a dash F, then more work is required. The eeprom is corrupt and requires rewriting.
8. If all the info is correct, place smartcard in it and Watch tv.

2700 = address SA5 (512 k tsop)
2800 = address SA5 (512 k tsop)
3700 = address SA5 (512 k tsop)
3800 = address SA30 (2 meg tsop)
3900 = address SA30 (2 meg tsop)
4700 = address SA30 (2 meg tsop)
4900 = address SA30 (2 meg tsop)
301.010 = address SA3 in flash 1 SA15 in flash 2 (2x2 tsops)
301.013 = address SA3 in flash 1 SA15 in flash 2 (2x2 tsops)
501=address SA54 (4meg tsop)

N00b
Unregistered guest
Can a Bell reciever be convetred to get toher satitle siganls like dish or blackbird?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 570
Yes, sort of. BEV can be converted if the other providers offer common models with its service also, EX: the BEV 3100 is exactly the same as the dishnet 301. Because they offer the same hardware (receiver) it can have the firmware (software on the receiver) on the TSOP (memory chip) updated to the network providers current version. Then you can subscribe to their service, etc.

NOTE: This just describes that it can be done and does not address problems or complexities thats involved in doing firmware upgrades and switching services, CAM issues etc.

LK
Unregistered guest
I just want to say that Fryguy.ca is more knowledgeable than me in the atmega/avr AREA..listen to him... I offer what I can ONLY...

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 571
I won't pretend to know everything either, as I don't! I know little to nothing with other services thats not BEV or dishnet. BEV and dishnet are almost exactly the same thing.

Anonymous

welcome back fryguy

mckl
Unregistered guest
Is there any real new news about a p5 hack or fix?
Or if and when one might be out there?
Does anyone know of a sight that is for real ?

Anonymous

I programed the Atmega128 and all seems fine - I see all the channels on the menu but all I get is black screen. Can someone direct me as to what i'm doing wrong or how can I fix it? DISH system 4900 (upgraded)

Anonymous

I am having difficulty getting the satellite signal with my dishnet system. We have it at 24 degrees but what is the compass settting for Oakville Ontario?

Stug
Unregistered guest
I can't get any other channels other than those on an odd transponder. Dish is fine, what could it be?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 577
Stug, The last case that I had with that problem was because of a corrupt TSOP. Try re-flashing the TSOP with a known working backup or from a modified virgin TSOP.

The older IRDs had a unit test that you could do to be sure that its talking with all the components properly. Where is a basic computer with peripherals (tuner/front panel interface etc) connected sometimes strange things can happen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
stug fryguy is close the older chips seperate. i have read about this before.you use a heatgun to fix this chip..i will look for the chip name

anaon you mega will do that if your cam is bad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
stug fryguy is close the older chips seperate. i have read about this before.you use a heatgun to fix this chip..i will look for the chip name

anaon you mega will do that if your cam is bad.

Stug
Unregistered guest
it's a 3000 receiver if that helps at all.

Username: Kilea2001

I need instruction on how to use my JTOP Pro JTAG on a DP301 010 and a DP301 013 Dish net receivers.

crusty
Unregistered guest
stug ...more likely your cable or lnb ...most times cabling with those symptoms

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 579
If your only getting odd or even channels it could be an LNB issue because they are on alternate polarities for odd and even channels.

I wouldn't go re-flowing any chips with a heat gun just yet.

Rule out the obvious first. Your cable can be ruled out if you get good signal on the odd or even channels only because it all goes threw the same wire.

So you'll need to rule out the LNB, if its a dual LNB try the other output, as a dual LNB is two separate LNBs in one package to some degree.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a Fortec Lifetime Ultra. There were some directions came with it. but after the whole setup, I can only view the Dish network advertisment channels and the rest of the channels keep saying downloading data... Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong and how to fix it.

LK
Unregistered guest
DISH/BEV IRD Error Codes
Below is a list of error codes generated by the IRD with their definitions.

DishNet Error Codes
002 The satelite has lost the signal, please use up or down key.
... No signal being recieved. Could be that Sat moved, bad weather, New spot beam has removed signal from your area, bad cable connections, Bad switch
004 check switch
005 Your smart card does not currently have authorization to view or purchase this program.
... Give it time, it will eventually get the new decrypt keys
013 This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased.
015 Acquring satellite signal. Please wait.
019 The smartcard is not inserted correctly.
... Either cam looped, in IRD wrong, or making bad contact
020 The smartcard currently inserted is not valid for this receiver.
... The Wrong ird number was put on the card
021 Smartcard is not inserted into the receiver.
... Put smart card in. If your cards in you have a hardware problem
022 Your receiver has not yet been authorized .
... Your IRD # and boxkeys are 00'd out or wrong or you ird status byte is set at 80 (Suspended) needs to be set at 00 (normal)
023 Unable to acquire program guide information.
... No satallite signal
024 unable to read from memory
025 satellite signal has been lost
061 Vital programming will now be downloaded into your receiver. Do not disturn or unplug it.
081 Dialing out. please wait.
083 Dial-out failure. The receiver is unable to dialout.
104 A serious problem has been detected in your receiver . Please call: 1-888-884-3759
303 Your receivers memory is now being programmed. Do not disturb or unplug your ird while the green froint panel light is blinking.
150 "A SERIOUS PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH YOUR RECIEVER: PLEASE CALL 1-800-334-7496."
... Your ird's firmware is detecting the lock, unlock or go back with your irds firmware... DO NOT CALL
151 "A SERIOUS PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH YOUR RECIEVER: PLEASE CALL 1-800-334-7496."
... Usually do to a bad lock installation or the old lock installation, turn off IRD and unplug. Check for info on how to correct before doing anything. DO NOT CALL
152 "A SERIOUS PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH YOUR RECIEVER: PLEASE CALL 1-800-334-7496."
... You have been hit by an ECM targeting the EEPROM, turn off IRD and unplug. Check for info on how to correct before doing anything. DO NOT CALL
153 "A SERIOUS PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH YOUR RECIEVER: PLEASE CALL 1-800-334-7496."
... You have been hit by an ECM targeting the TSOP, turn off IRD and unplug. Check for info on how to correct before doing anything. DO NOT CALL
155 outdated tsop hard lock nag
...Your ird's firmware is detecting the lock, unlock or go back with your irds firmware... DO NOT CALL
349 "You are attempting to use a version of smartcard that is incompatible with this receiver."
... IRD firmware is anti Rom2/Rom3/Rom10... need to do the VIDMOD

My Dish went Nuts
Unregistered guest

ERROR ..........153

A serious problem has been detected
with your receiver

Please call 1-800-334-7496

Stug
Unregistered guest
The LNB isnt the problem or wiring, I tried another receiver and its picking up odd/even with no problems. I've got a lock on it so how could my TSOP be corrupt?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 584
Thats the only thing remaining if you ruled out all external hardware. Now rule out a firmware problem on the IRDs TSOP. Flash it with an backup of a time when it worked. If you dont have a backup you'll need a TSOP bin and edit it with your numbers with TSOPedit or a hex editor.

Anonymous

hey Fryguy, on one of the boards you posted a Jeepers zip..I'm having trouble locating that program elsewhere, could you repost the zip please

LK
Unregistered guest
File share..UTILITIES area to be exact..file date 10-09-2004...Jeepers.exe

There might be more versions in the File share ARCHIVES area also..

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 591
It's too large to post here also it will just get removed.

Anonymous

I know some channels are gone.. but does anyone know when they all might go? thanks

Anonymous

thanks LK and Fryguy for your help

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 594
Rumour that I hear going around is that its the end of march. Truth is its hard to say when the actual date is until bell announces it. They have a lot of card swapping to do before the can switch fully to Nagra2.

Anonymous

thanks fry guy.. from a fellow bluenoser.. just up the 103 in the big city

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 598
No problem, glad I could help out.

NOTE: I'm going to be working a lot more on my business, so I won't be on the forum much from now on.

forgetful
Unregistered guest
hey, im new here. i'm wondering if anyone knows how to find out or reset a password for a 3700 receiver using a universal remote. i used a random password to lock the sattelite but now i forget the code. anyone know how i can fix this? oh, and i dont have a programmer for the card either

LK
Unregistered guest
To find a locked password....

2700, 2800, 3700, 3900, 4700, 4900

With your remote control, press:
Menu>6>3>info>Right arrow(browse)>left arrow(theme),
then the memory dump will pop up, using the down arrow key,
go to line #NVM 01C0, and there 4 sets hex # on that line,
and the password # you looking for is on the 3rd set.
you will see something like 12340000, the 1st four # are you password in reverse order,
so your password will is 3412.

forgetful
Unregistered guest
^ the above doesnt seem to work for me

LK
Unregistered guest

DISH to Swap Smart Cards in Some Boxes

EchoStar is preparing to replace smart cards for some of the older receivers used by DISH Network customers, executives revealed during a "Tech Chat" with subscribers Monday.

The smart card swap would involve receivers that may be two years old or more, EchoStar's Mark Jackson said. The swap will take place during the upcoming months.

Cards will be sent through the mail, Jackson said, and the new smart card sent to a customer will be specifically matched to the set-top box in the home. The correct card and receiver will share the same number.

Customers who need to replace a card can re-authorize their receivers through the Internet or with a toll-free number.

Nagra provides EchoStar with its conditional access technology.

In other developments from the chat, executives said DISH Player DVR-522 will soon get name-based recording capabilities.

forgetful
Unregistered guest
oops, about my other post i have a 3000 receiver not a 3700 so now i need to know if anyone knows how to find out or reset a password for a 3000 receiver using a universal remote. i used a random password to lock the sattelite but now i forget the code. anyone know how i can fix this? oh, and i dont have a programmer for the card either

LK
Unregistered guest
forget it with a 3000,no jtag so can't dump the eeprom...I think U're out of luck...

Anonymous

has anyone got the new bev cards going on atmega cards, it sounds like you can but not sure

Anonymous

Dish Boy Find and download a copy of excelunzip 36

Unregistered guest
could someone help?
bev 3700 locked on acquiring sat signal i think i have tried everything, anyone.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 624
Nothing is free, you pay for it on way or another!

Username: Pearls_7us

Post Number: 4
Can someone plzzzz help!! I keep getting the error 005 on my smart card for dish network. I dont know how to fix it. I guess it should have reset itself, but its been more than 24hrs now and i havent touched the tv nor the card...It still does the same thing...How do I fix it?? plz help!!

Thanks.

anon3
Unregistered guest
reprogram the card

Lanny
Unregistered guest
my password resets itself every so often on a 301. I've been able to dump the memory in the past but it will not dump now. It did unhide the channels I had hidden but the system is still locked for PG13+. I can't find the password in 0320....any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Username: Danico

Hi guys!It seems yesterday Bell Vu send a ECM and my 2700(dish with locks) is dead but the 3700 is still working the next day but GOD knows for how long.I'm newbie and I d'ont have a programmer cause has somebody else who was doing but he moved now to Europe so if somebody can help with programming with the new keys.I saw www.dssstuff.ca has some toys for sale but from where I get the keys in case I try to do it alone?
Thanks and if somebody can programm my cards I prefer this way.

Anonymous

I have a Pansat2500A and receiving Sat 110W & 119W now. If I want to receive International Channels like Asian channels. Do I need to buy a Superdish to point to Sat 121? Do I need to change any firmware on my receiver to get Sat 121? Please help.

Anonymous

Dan,

I live in canada..where do i get scripts for bell vu? i've dishnetwork now...but with most of the channels goin to nagra2, i'm wondering whether i could switch to bell vu?

Boston
Unregistered guest
Bev is nagra2 first (4-6 weeks completion)...dish will be 4-6 months tops..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us