Hitachi 60v500 lamp and warranty problems

Username: Almat

Norwalk, CT USA

Post Number: 1
I have had the 60v500 for about 3 weeks. The lamp burned out. I opened the manual, and got the warranty card out. It showed the Hitachi 800 number, and said I had a 1 year limited warranty. I called Hitachi, and they asked where I bought the TV. When I told them I got it at Sears, they said I did not have a manufacturers warranty, in spite of the fact I was holding it in my hand. They said that Sears buys all their TVs without hitachi warranties. Hitachi was not helpful at all, and not very friendly either. I called Sears. They assured me that I do have a manufacturers warranty with Hitachi. While they are trying to figure it out, I have spent about $5000 for TV/Stand/Extended warranty. I have been waiting for about a week to be contacted by Sears service (which is a contractor, and the same one used by Hitachi). Has anyone else had problems like these, and if so, what do you do. Hitachi customer relations is downright hostile, and blames everything on Sears. They have forgotten whose name is on my TV. Sears is quite friendly, but I still don't have a working TV. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Username: 514329

Post Number: 10
how old is your TV and have you contacted sears service? if it's less than a month, ask for a new one. sears service are good from my first hand personal experience w/ my 60" Hit Ultravision. they'll set you up w/ an appointment w/ their tech.

Username: Jckftrds

Mi Us

Post Number: 2
Sears service should be able to take care of the problem. Sears ususally acts as the middle man in these warranty situations. Hitachi won't do a thing for you because they aren't going to send the service tech out. So just deal w/sears it will make your life a whole lot easier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us