Archive through January 11, 2006

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 69
I really want to make backup copy of the DVD movies I bought. But the DVD copier on the computer can't copy it due to copyright. I don't mean to violate the copyright. Only very few movies deserve reviewing. I bought some and want to make backup copies in case the disc broken. How can I do that?

Anonymous

There are many legal products you can buy or download. Do a Google search and you will find them. But one thing you need to know is it is expensive to make an exact copy of the commercial DVD movies. Movie DVD are generally dual layer discs (hold >7G data). To make an exact copy in a single disc, you would need a dual layer disc burner and a dual layer writeable disc. The current price for a dual layer writeable disc is about $10. About the same price as the original movie DVD on sale.

You could copy everything into a 4.7G regular DVD by compressing the data or, if you don't want all the extra, you can just copy the movie itself.

Pistolen08
Unregistered guest
use dvd shrink to compress it, and dvd decryptor to copy it as an image then use Alcohol 120% to burn it. I do it all the time :-)

Steph1080
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I used dvd shrink to compress the dvd and then dvd decryptor to copy it as an image and then Alcohol 120% to burn it but it came up with the following error. Anyone have any ideas why?

[Write ERROR] LBA: 0, Length: 16
S:KEY - 03/0C/00 - "Write Error"
20:18:11 (D:-) PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631(0:0): Recording failed!
20:18:11 Error message: [03/0C/00] - Write Error
20:18:11 (D:-) PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631(0:0): Recording failed!
20:18:11 Image file loading aborted!
20:18:17 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.

Username: Goblue69

Post Number: 2
go to http://forum.digital-digest.com/index.php?s=3a18a43b6f850647606728c86896fd49 and your quuestion will be answered

Username: Goblue69

go to http://forum.digital-digest.com/index.php?s=3a18a43b6f850647606728c86896fd49 and your quuestion will be answered

Anonymous

I have a Lite-On 16X Dual Layer Burner, I use Maxell DVD+R 8X 4.7GB 2HR RW Discs, then i use DVD Decrypter to pull it to my HD, then I direct the "Clone DVD" section of CloneDVD to the folder on my HD and i get perfect copies of all the copyrighted DVD's I do this way. I never had to compress anything. Clone DVD sees the decrypted files just as they would be on the original DVD and burnes them Dual Layer accordingly

Anonymous

I have just had my ps2 "upgraded" and now just use "backup" games. I am so anoyed at all the money i have saved. :-). Oh , and also. Ive just bought GT4 for the ps2 and would like to back it up, as it is scratchy. File size is about 5.27 gig, obviously wont fit onto a single layer. Is there any way of maybe shrinking it or something without going for the dual layer option??? Any help much appreciated.

Anonymous

Cant a film just be copied usind DVD Shrink

Unregistered guest
Waszup I did the dvd shrink thing and i dont kno wah to to after that i tryed the dvd decrypter but i dont noe how to make a image and then after that in alchol 120% how do i copy the film plz help

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
"Waszup I did the dvd shrink thing and i dont kno wah to to after that i tryed the dvd decrypter but i dont noe how to make a image and then after that in alchol 120% how do i copy the film plz help "

English only please, at least a grade school education is required to post here!

TV Psychic

Woz is dad
Unregistered guest
"Waszup I did the dvd shrink thing and i dont kno wah to to after that i tryed the dvd decrypter but i dont noe how to make a image and then after that in alchol 120% how do i copy the film plz help "

I wued czo kopi on da hard discca.

Anonymous5570
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to make a copy of a DVD containing data that is copyright protected (it's a program with a pile of data) not a video. I've tryed Nero and DVD Decrypter without success. It seems to be because it's not a video. Suggestions please.

Anonymous

hi am new to all this trying to burn dvd now used decrypter and nero film came out great but with subtitles i could not remove - can someone please let me know what files i need to copy and what i dont pressed main movie file as i say perfect copy but with subtitles which i dont want any help would be great - thanks in advance for taking the time to look at this

action man
Unregistered guest
try using dvd shrink, open the disk, go to re-auther and only click on main movie there maybe 1 or 2. then click backup and then you will only copy the movie with no menue or anything.

can anyone tell me how to put two or more movies onto one DVD-R.
also is there any way that you can shrink gt4 (gran turismo 4) on ps2
thanks

Anonymous

i have a movie that has two que sheets and two bin for cd1 and cd2. how can i put it into one so i can burn it onto one dvd cd?

Username: Danakona

Post Number: 1
I tried to use Dvd shrink, but it says it's encrypted so i can't "open disk" isn't the point of dvd shrink to get past that? please help...

---------------------------
DVD Shrink 3.2
DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.

Failed to read file "D:\"

Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted.

OK

That is the error message I get

Dilawer.Kalsekar
Unregistered guest
Install DVD Region + CSS Free download it from Bearshare or like it cud crack all the region code easily. Also Download (Bearshare or others)and install Intervideo DVD copy and install it this wud help u in compressing the 8 gb data to fit easily in ur 4.7 gb DVD disk without any degradation. The burn the resulting product using Nero 6.6 (also from bearshare or others) this has worked gr8 4 me. Plz try woth it.

Dilawer.Kalsekar
Unregistered guest
Install DVD Region + CSS Free download it from Bearshare or like it cud crack all the region code easily. Also Download (Bearshare or others)and install Intervideo DVD copy and install it this wud help u in compressing the 8 gb data to fit easily in ur 4.7 gb DVD disk without any degradation. Then burn the resulting product using Nero 6.6 (also from bearshare or others) this has worked gr8 4 me. Plz try worth it.

Dilawer.Kalsekar
Unregistered guest
Install DVD Region + CSS Free download it from Bearshare or like it cud crack all the region code easily. Also Download (Bearshare or others)and install Intervideo DVD copy and install it this wud help u in compressing the 8 gb data to fit easily in ur 4.7 gb DVD disk without any degradation. Then burn the resulting product using Nero 6.6 (also from bearshare or others) this has worked gr8 4 me. Plz try worth it.

Anonymous

Idont want to pay fo any software and I already have nereo 6. I have a maddog megastor burner can someone help me? Or give me a website I can download free software from?

Username: Akielb

Welcome to the world of Bit Torrent -- for those of you who are not hear yet this is the place to get all of you Full CD's, Full AVI movies, Full DVD Movies, Apps, and other stuff.
1. go to http://www.mininova.org/tor/44078 or http://www.mininova.org/tor/62097 and download DVD X -- it's a killer program for copying dvd's one click if you know what I mean.

Here are some other BT sites for your little eyes

Mininova.org
Torrentspy.com
Novatina.com
The largest list of torrent sites with descriptions BTsites.TK

Good luck
The only way that any file stays alive is that you upload -- please keep BT alive -- leave torrents uploading whenever you can

rosedemon
Unregistered guest
hey everyone, im a newbie and just got my new laptop yesterday, its a mega cool machine, with dvdrw burner and everything ect. so im trying to workaround the copyright image so i can make a backup of one of my dvds. i used dvd dycripter, then added all the files in to my burner. the problem is there was heaps of files, they mostly said vcd 1-11 ect. so its 5gb over the disc. is it to late to use dvd shrink, what is it like, is it easy software for a begginer?

fredjones
Unregistered guest
The best way to copy DVD movies:

1. Download DVD shrink & Nero 6+ (DVD shrink tells you to use Nero)
2. Install both software packages
3. If the software for DVD shrink is too difficult to follow find a Tutorial on how to use.
4. After the DVD is backed up to the harddrive open nero.
5. use nero's burn "DVD video" option
when nero' burn dvd screen pops up find your directory that holds the backed up DVD data (on your hard drive) and open the video_ts directory in the right hand side of the screen ...Select all the files and drag them onto the red highlighted video_ts directory on the left side of the screen.
6. Insert DVD and burn

if you have issues with movies dvdshrink like encrypted sectors and the movie does not back up.
Install DVD Region + CSS Free
or
try slysoft ANYDVD

If you have nero and dvd shrink installed you dont need to do step 4,5,6 because dvd shrink will integrate with nero and do the entire job in one swoop.

Unregistered guest
anydvd will work great if you want it u can email me at maddawg187@msn.com and i can maybe send it to u if you want i got the full program along with a crack

TaranMadismom
Unregistered guest
I used dvd shrink and nero to burn a commercial dvd movie on my computer. Upon playback, about 30 minutes into the newly burned DVD, the movie kept freezing and skipping. any suggestions on how to override the copyguard so the movie will play just like the commercial version? thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone. um i have a program that shrinks my dvds down to 4.7 gigs but wont let me do it cause its copyrighted. is there neway to uncopyright it?

andy503
Unregistered guest
Read DVD with DVD Shrink save to folder then burn the contents of the folder to a blank dvd "Done but with shrink and slight quality loss"

Or choose no shrink in options then choose main movie only uncheck any audio you dont need and save to folder then burn the contents of the folder to a blank dvd "Done but without a menu and extra audio (Language, 2 Chanel ect.) but no shrinking and you keep the quality

Or (my chioce)
choose no shrink in options then choose mian movie only uncheck any audio you dont need and save to ISO image When the iso is finished mount it with Alcohol 120 then open the virtual drive with DVDDecriptor dropdown "mode" choose "IFO" open tools\options\ifo\file splitting: choose None then rip main movie only.
What you will have now is 1 vob file of arround 4GB with no shrink or quality loss but no menu or extras Open this 1 vob file in Dr. Divx leave quality settings on defualt when asked choose and make sure you select the corect audio file then encode (2 1/2hrs with P4 2.4/533) then you will have a divx movie with a very slight quality loss thats arround 600MB to 1GB very good for play back on your computer allso some home dvd players will play divx movies.

Divx back to DVD very simple use dvdsanta
Allso:
DVD Shrink is free
DVDDecriptor is free
Alcohol 120 is not free but you can sub it with Daemon Tools its free
Dr. Divx has a 14 or 28 days trial there is other apps but i like Dr. Divx
What i am saying is that this way is free at least up untill Dr. divx runs out and it is cheap to buy.
plus you want have to use extra tools to try and join vob files which never worked for me.
1 click converter tools mite work ok but i think they will all shrink the movie.
I think the tools i use (personal use) is some of the most powerful tools you can get no real bugs that ive seen (my opinion) and most are free.
My Thoughts on the: DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue: in this order 1. this can happen if the dvd has been ripped before (DVD Shrink likes original disc) 2. allso mite be becuase of a kinda new copy protection from sony (keep checking for updates to DVD Shrink ) there is a program i had to use once before but cant remember the name i only used it 1 time 3. there is a very slight chance that the disc is dirty.
Any way good luck budy.
P.S
I never read this entire thread i may register (if excepting new) and my typing and spelly is pathetic....lol sorry for that.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1353
Some movies will fit without shrinking, some won't, even after using reauthor, selecting the movie only, and taking out extra languages. If you want the best quality possible on shrunk DVDs, use analysis and AEC in (quality settings) after clicking backup. It will take longer though. Use Decrypter to burn, it's free and burns better than most other programs. When you click backup there will be an option under (target device) ISO image and burn with Decrypter.

frustrated dvd boy
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to copy using clone dvd and any dvd. Burnt copy works great on computer but they don't work on a standard dvd. Any help!!!!!!!

guest1111
Unregistered guest
Hello, I am a newbie for dvd ripping. I would like to take some of my movies on dvd and vhs and edit them for content so my kids can watch them too. Can someone give me some insights on how to do this? Or maybe some good sights on infomation? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
If you want to do them on the PC, you'll need a program. I use TMPGEnc DVD Author for DVDs, never done VHS.

Username: Br7

Iowa

I just use DVD shrink and Nero and Mine come out great the surround sound works great even in DTS.The picture quality is great it is hard to tell it from the original I also use Hp lightscribe dual layer to burn

JustinB
Unregistered guest
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone could provide me with some insight on how to accomplish what I'm trying to do. I'll start with what I want to do.

I want to build a hard drive based video library of some of my DVD movies that works something similar to my current MP3 library. I currently have a media server (for lack of a better term) that hosts my MP3 library and I want it to do the same for my DVD movies. This way my HTPC (Windows Media Center) can access these movies and play them without me ever having to put a disc in. I also want to have my movies copied with the least amount of quality loss as possible. I have a 62' DLP TV and I've played some backup versions of my DVDs and the difference between the orginal and the backup is very noticeable. I'm not really concerned with size, I just want the best quaility possible.

With that said, I've tried DVD Shrink and copied the entire movie with no compression to my hard drive but I can't seem to get Windows Media Player or PowerDVD to play the movie. Each will open and play any of the .vob files but then it stops there. Basically it doesn't play back like a real DVD. It looks at each .vob file as an individual movie or something. Also, Windows Media Player doesn't recognize .vob files as a video file and won't index them into my library of videos. The issues are pretty much the same with the reauthoring tools I've tried. I basically end up back at the .vob files issues.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone can assist me. I don't think this should be that hard but I could be wrong. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Use DVD Shrink 3.2

Open it up, click 'Backup!'

And go from there

Anonymous

Can any one help me
How do i burn a movie file that i have downloaded from bearshare on to a disc so i can watch it on my tv thru the dvd player

Username: Ing69

West midlandsUnited Kingdom

Hi
Can any body help me. I am trying to copy movies that i downloaded from bearshare onto dvd discs but i dont know what to do the programmes i have got installed are clonedvd,TMPGEnc,dvd decryptor,dvd shrink avi2dvd nero6 but i just dont know what to do, i can copy dvd to dvd no problems just not the movie files i download.

Any help will be apprieciated.

THANK YOU

bbbbbbaaabbaaa
Unregistered guest
do a search for Scuba Pete on google, it will take you to afterdawn website and his awesome guides on how to copy dvds. you inly need dvd shrink and dvd decryptor. give it a go.

magest
Unregistered guest
did you ever solve this problem. I am having the same issues. media centre will not recognize video? many thanks for any assistance.

Username: Ing69

West midlandsUnited Kingdom

Baaaaaaaaaa thanks went to site still looking thru it

Magest u should try the afterdawn site it looks really good. still having probs burning the downloaded movies tho will let u know if i manage to do it

dog73
Unregistered guest
I have a slightly different problem. I want to copy my protected VHS to DVD. This are mostly Walt Disney movies.
I understand that I will need some special HW (in addition to my video capture card) and good SW. Could you suggest me anything.

tracker
Unregistered guest
Dog, you may try the following toolset:
- DVD Red PRO http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html
DVD Red PRO lets you copy & capture any Protected VHS and DVD to DVD, VHS, PC
Copy Protected VHS and DVD to DVD
Copy Protected VHS and DVD to VHS
Capture Protected VHS and DVD to PC
with Video Capture Card

- VirtualDub ( search google )
VirtualDub is an extremely efficient video capture and processing program. Applications of it are almost unlimited. You can use it to for example compress an MJPEG AVI file to MPEG4 video with MP3 audio, capture video without worrying about the 2GB barrier, or just multiplex audio and video into a single AVI stream.

Unregistered guest
S.O.S. I have just bought a home dvd player and a home dvd recorder, but here is the issue.... The DVD recorder won't record my copyrighted movies. Is here something I can buy or get to bypass this minor problem? HELP!!!! I have spent a lot of money on this little project and I at least would like to back-up my dvd collection as it stands.

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a toshiba DVD recorder. I also have DirecTV as my video source. When attempting to record movies from HBO or Starz, after 5 minutes of recording the machine automatically pauses itself and a message concerning copyright protection appears on the screen. Is there anyway to get around this so I can record movies from my satellite on to DVD?

Anonymous

hi i want to burn movies but i need a programe for my computer and i need a programe to copy over copywright can you please help me

Iowa

http://forum.digital-digest.com/index.php go to this site here and it will have all the answers you need.Use DVDFab first I suggest Nero Recode 2 its better the DVD Shrink IMO

Unregistered guest
[img]http://storage.msn.com/x1pGHpas_o48lmAG-Vl6s39dTjSNTCaUxwPYr_k74D8yR5S0skIyr0_v5 A052eU6Rp5ZtriIook7Dtku86btViCVacs1zc6-Pw_eBPxgZ6LIiCz7Rf9ZGYhiGK4UEbFg1jZq2DGmb 5KT1dOQEbMoTRxPQ[/img]

I need a TUTOR/MENTOR

I must be brain dead or somthing?

I have a Dual layer DVD RW with Nero 6 & SOME 4.7GB DVD RW DISKS!

I thought i would be able to copy my 2yr olds Disney dvds so he dont scratch the HELL out of the orignals?

it turns out its not that simple.

HELP!!! Im a bit thick!

MSN & Email aaronprentice05@aol.com

Unregistered guest
HELLO :-(

I need a TUTOR/MENTOR

I must be brain dead or somthing?

I have a Dual layer DVD RW with Nero 6 & SOME 4.7GB DVD RW DISKS!

I thought i would be able to copy my 2yr olds Disney dvds so he dont scratch the HELL out of the orignals?

it turns out its not that simple.

HELP!!! Im a bit thick!

MSN & Email aaronprentice05@aol.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1726
DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. If you just want the movie, use reauthor in shrink and select the movie, then click backup and select ISO image file and burn with decrypter.

Anonymous

is there a free prgoram to download so i can burn a copy of a copyrighted dvd?

Username: African_bulldog

hellos,
i'm trying to copy a 6 movie in 1 dvd combo to a single layer(4.7gb)dvd.i need to make a back up copy as my friends keep borrowing this dvd and i'm afraid that it might get damaged as this r the best movie collection i've got.i've got shink 3.2 but it does not compress it enough to fit the single layer dvd.can anyone please help with this?
thx reef

Gold Member

Post Number: 1788
Use reauthor in shrink and put it on 2 DVDs.

Unregistered guest
i don't want to burn a dvd, i just want to upload my movies onto my computer so i can watch them w/o the disk and so i can make screen caps for graphics at livejournal, my website, ect. anybody know how i can do that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
DVD Decrypter will put the disc on the HD. Use file or ISO, depending on which format you want on the HD. You might be able to just drag the file to the desktop, I've done it with RAM discs.

Username: Mwarpig

HELLO,
I AM TRYING TO COPY DVD'S WITH A COPYRIGHT THRU NERO. WHAT CAN I DOWNLOAD OR BUY THAT IS FAIRLY SIMPLE AND DOESNT CONTAIN ANY SPYWARE? I WOULD PREFER TO KEEP USING NERO.
I JUST WANT TO COPY DVD'S, I DONT NEED TO LOAD THEM ON TO MY HARD DRIVE. I AM NEW TO COMPUTERS AND BASICALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!!! MUCH HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED!!!

Iowa

Post Number: 3
@WINK
Use dvd decrypter or DVD Fab Decrypter they are both free and if you have trouble goto this site it is the best out there http://forum.digital-digest.com/index.php?

Ruben Jansen
Unregistered guest
Hi,

You must try AnyDVD it works really good! (download it with a crack)

Unregistered guest
Hey all,
I have read all these posts and still can't burn a copy of 2 Disney movies. I keep getting error messages. Something about Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check.
Does this make sense to anyone? Is there a way I can back up my daughters movies so they live a bit longer??

Cheers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1882
I've only seen that cyclic redundancy in shrink. Run them through decrypter in file mode first.

Iowa

Post Number: 4
@KazG2005
Yes for some DVDS you will have to use DVD Decrypter or DVDFab Decryptor both are freeware then after that run it through shrink and if you want to pay for an alternative to Shrink and IMO its better then Shrink get Neo Recode 2 if you can use shrink you can use recode

Iowa

Post Number: 5
I mean Nero Recode 2 not Neo LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1892
If you want better quality, just use deep analysis and AEC (adaptive error compensation) in shrink. It takes a lot longer than just running the disc through without it, but it's well worth the extra time if you're into the best possible quality.

akl;jgfdkl;ajfd
Unregistered guest
Hey, i would like to copy a dvd to my computer so that i can watch it on my computer, so if im able to get past the copyright, what do i convert the file to so i can watch it?

Iowa

Post Number: 6
@akl;jgfdkl;ajfd
Use DVD Decrypter to put it on your HDD and use Media Player Classic to watch it here is the links
DVD Decrypter - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVD_Decrypter.htm
Media Player Classic -http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

im new at this
Unregistered guest
Hey, I'm trying to copy a dvd using dvd shrink but it isnt working. When i click on open disk it comes up with the following error and i dont know why.

"DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid DVD navigation structure."

Can anyone help me?

Iowa

Post Number: 7
Download and use DVD Decrypter - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVD_Decrypter.htm
and then use shrink

Unregistered guest
I have a problem, and I have tried everything! The problem is; I bought a DVD recorder/player from LG. I recorded from VHS (home movies) into the harddrive on the DVD recorder. Then I burnt it onto a DVD-R, also with the DVD recorder. Then I thought I would save some time, and just copy the DVD on my computer instead of using MANY, MANY hours doing it on the DVD recorder. The reason I wanted to use my computer to copy, is because I'm making copies for everyone in my family, and the DVD recorder uses 2 hours on every disc... When I put the disc into my Benq DVD burner/player in my computer, Windows says [Empty CD].I am very frustrated, I have spoken to LG many times and they can't help me. HELP!

wbcritic
Unregistered guest
When copying certain DVD's, they won't play on my DVD player. It tries to play, goes into "Search" mode and hangs up there. However, the same DVD will play just fine on my computer using Power DVD.
Any thoughts?

Iowa

Post Number: 8
@wbcritic
Most likely you have bad media or your DVD player isnt compatible with it.You can go here and enter the type of DVD player you have and see what blank media is compatible with your player here is the link
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Unregistered guest
How do you use the 120%? It keeps saying if I want to burn an image.. I copied and decrypted the dvd on my pc.. now how do I copy it from pc to dvd??? I have all these programs on pc but have no idea how to use them (platinum, 120% nero etc) help

rgdaddato@optusnet.com.au

Unregistered guest
How do you use the 120%? It keeps saying if I want to burn an image.. I copied and decrypted the dvd on my pc.. now how do I copy it from pc to dvd??? I have all these programs on pc but have no idea how to use them (platinum, 120% nero etc) help

rgdaddato@optusnet.com.au

im new at this
Unregistered guest
* reply to jason *

I downloaded dvd dycrypter but the dvd im trying to copy is over the maximum file size.

chici
Unregistered guest
should a dvd rw of the same company should be used in recording dvds

im new at this
Unregistered guest
I used DVD decrypter to decrypt my file. Afterwards I went into DVD shrink and tried to open the file from there so i could shrink it but once again there was an error message. "The system cannot find the file specified." Can someone please help me. dvd decrypter works for me but my file is too big. I need to shrink it before i can burn it onto one disk.

Anonymous

Someone PLEASE help!

I have been reading the posting above and need help copying my DVDs. I am not very computer literate but do know the basics.

I have a DVD Rewritable drive but cannot get past the copyright thing. I would appreciate any help so I can back up my DVD collection before my little brother destroys anymore of my DVDs.

Please contact me at clancyseaver@yahoo.com

Thanks!

someone2001
Unregistered guest
Put movie in drive.Open DVD Decrypter.Click mode>ISO>Read R. Then click mode>File F. Now click the pic button of a dvd at bottom. Process starts,takes 20min.Finishes,says operation success.Close program.Remove disk.Put in blank disc.Open DVD Shrink.Click Open Files.Open VIDEO_TS sub folder of the folder Decrypter created.Click OK.It analyzes,select everything in left box under dvd structure.Click Backup!Set "select target device" to ISO IMAGE.Check mark Launch Decrypter to burn.Click OK.This takes 20min then starts Decrypter automatically and burns a perfect copy.Not all players play copies.Go buy the newest,cheapest player like I did.P.S.If Decrypter doesn't burn auto,you still have the ISO file now.That is the finished product,use software that will burn it to a blank.

Greatlyappreciated
Unregistered guest
I just bought a DVD Recorder for my television. I have been trying to burn DVDs, but without a computer, I am not sure how to. Can anyone help me burn a DVD just from the DVDR attached to the TV? Thank you very much.

Unregistered guest
I downloaded Clone DVD and burned a DVD. When I try to play it, it skips through the chapters. I assumed it was because it was compressed to fit on one DVD. I tried one without compressing in and it plays fine but won't fit on one disk. Any suggestions? Are there other free programs that are not huge downloads that may work better?

Username: Xkarrenx

Uk, Uk Essex

hi can anyone help i am trying to copy my origal dvd to blank dvd but not sure what to get i have roxio as burner and nero 6 , dvd shrink etc have vso converter but not small what other applications i need , plus when i dowload films sometimes they come down as cd1 and cd2 how can i put them onto one disc , i think my rwriter is dual layer , do i need a double layer , could anyone tell he what the difference is between a dvd-r and dvd+r ty

CRMills
Unregistered guest
This isn't rocket science. Buy 123Copy DVD Plus. It will tell you to go to their website where you can download a patch the bypasses the copyrights and allows you to make a copy of either the entire disc compressed or the movie only onto 1 blank DVD. Easiest way to do it.

paul bunyon
Unregistered guest
just get dvd decrypter and record as an iso file. get dvd shrink and open the iso image. edit it how you like. back it up as an iso file. open the file using dvd decrypter and burn it. easy as that.

Anonymous

This is how I do it:-

Use DVD Shrink to make an ISO image om ny hard drive.

USe Nero to burn the image to DVD.

Works every time.

Unregistered guest
I am stuck. I have a ton of DVD's and a 2 year old daughter. Not a good combo. I want to copy my DVD's so as I don't have to worry about it anymore. I don't know how. I have DVD shrink 3.2 and nero start smart and power DVD. I don't have any idea how to use them. I am so dumb when it comes to computers. Someone please help me!!!!!!!!!! The sooner the better!!!!!!
cw2183@verizon.net

Jordan Ryda
Unregistered guest
Use Blaze DVD Copy or Magic DVD Ripper

RevWarez
Unregistered guest
Hey...I have been using nero and DVdShrink to burn forever, but recently its telling me at exactally 45% burnt
"Error---Not enough memory to complete this operation"...I ahve two gigs of ram, and a 8GB pagefile.

SNO
Unregistered guest
I have the following set up ...

Sima SCC
Philips DVD Player
Sony DVD Recorder (stand alone)

While I have been able to "back-up" my old VHS tapes successfully (via S-Video, both ways) .. I'm still having problems backing up the Macrovision-ed DVD's to a DVD+RW disc (on the Sony) .... even though I'm running this through the Sima ....

Any ideas ...???

janijuana
Unregistered guest
I use Ulead MovieFactory. The "Tweak and Fit" program.
I shrinks and burns on the fly. The original DVD in the DVD-rom, and the blank in the DVD-writer.
Never had any problems with it. Movies ar in perfect quality. Easy to use.
http://www.ulead.com/learning/dmf/dmf4_03_1.htm

You'll have to pay for it. Or you can get a mule to get it for you ;)

sccrstar
Unregistered guest
hey how can i copy movies that i downloaded on my pc to an empty dvd disc so i can watch it on my dvd player? thanks for helping.

tmj234
Unregistered guest
Have a dvd recorder is there a device that i can place between the dvd player and the dvd recorder to copy copyright movies.

Unregistered guest
hey! if i have a dvd and i want to save it to my computer like i can with audio music, how do i do that?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Unregistered guest
Hello, I am trying to burn COPYRIGHTED DVD's off my DVD burner. As I read everyones information on what to do, I see it all differs. I have a Sony 16x Internal Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive. I have FujiFilm DVD+R 120 Min, 4.7 gb blank DVDS. My burner came with Nero 6 and it works perfectly, but won't let me burn COPYRIGHTED DVDS, and I want to do this. I need a program that can, 1. Change the COPYRIGHT problem, 2. Make the movie length shorter( If even neccessary, I hear people saying you don't have to make it shorter.)

gman200005
Unregistered guest
Hi, Can anyone advise how to record just one dvd movie from a dvd combo having more than one movie ?

Desperate Dude
Unregistered guest
I have a dvd recorder with a firewire port. I do not have a dvd burner on my PC or laptop, but my laptop does play dvd's. How can I use my laptop dvd player to bypass the copyright protection and record on my dvd recorder?

Username: Bilalmalbarwala

I need to copy 2 bollywood movies which are not copyrighted here in Holland. Both the movies are on a DVD9 (seperate DVDs) and I want to copy both onto one single DVD4.7. I tried using DVD Shrink & Clone DVD2 but its droping the quality and giving me blocks on the picture quality. Any idea what software to use to copy without droping the image quality or alest if i can get 95% of the original picture quality. Please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2059
You have to use a dual layer blank, or split the movie and use 2 discs. To get the best quality possible in shrink, use reauthor and select just the movie. Use analysis and AEC ( adaptive error compensation). It still isn't good enough quality for me, but it's a lot better than just running the disc through without using them. If you want the exact same quality as the original disc, use 2 discs. Use reauthor, double click the movie, then on the left side, right click the movie and select set start end frames, do however many chapters will fit without any compression. If you want the 2nd disc to start where the first one left off, add 1 chapter to the second disc, so if the first left off at chapter 15, start the second disc at chapter 16.

Anonymous

I need help;
i have just downloaded nero 6 and when i go to install it, it asks for username, company name and serial number.Is there specific information i need to put in these boxes?as it wont let me click install and go any further.
Help. Blonde in distress

Unregistered guest
I am fairly new to ripping dvds to pc's and i can't figure out how to put them on my hard drive and be able to play them using windows media player for xp sp2. i've tried to copy them to my pc and all i get are files with codes and text. i would appreciate any help and/or links to help me (i would really appreciate free programs or decoders or whatever with out spyware)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2077
DVD Decrypter will rip to the HD, in file or ISO mode, and it's free. I don't know if it can be played with WMP or not.

singer
Unregistered guest
ok i need help im not sure on what i should do so let me explain

i want to burn copyrighted dvds that i can have for back up i guess but i have a laptop so i would need to put it on my laptop first right? well when i try to it says it cant cause its copyrighted so i need to know how to get around that and then how to burn it onto a dvd

Allieisasweety
Unregistered guest
Hello I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL! I have successfully burned a copywrited DVD with DVD Shrink and Nero in less than a half hour. Thank you so much you guys! Seriously! If you ever want to learn anything about encoding videos for an ipod just ask me, otherwise I just want to say a big thanks!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us