Archive through January 13, 2008

Username: Aldagsee

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 7
"t", Yes I did checked those fuses and they are all perfectly fine. I have five jumper connectors in this model. I did push each pin one by one with a thin screw driver to make sure each pins are connected properly.

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 8
"t" all diods are perfectly fine too. Voltage are okay as per my voltmeter.

Username: Ribaholic

Bellevue, Ky

Post Number: 2
t--
it was not a bad switch... if you recall, i could not control the tv power with either of the two remote controls, not just the sound.
anyway, I took off the cover as you suggested and disconnected the switch wires. There was no change. so I just started going through all the menu choices, and (i think) the a/v reset did the trick.

bottom line, i now have complete control of the system back and i don't need to leave my la-z-boy to turn on, off, sound up or down.
thanks for the assistance.

Username: Boxsterpro

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
I have a WS55711 and the main menu just scrolls thru the inputs and the remote does not work, tried to reset and power down and still the same. Thinking that the module for the remote is bad or ?
Thanks

Username: Slipgate

New user here, just registered after stumbling on this site via Google. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65413 and have recently run into a blinking bulb problem, but not the green LED. Basically my TV turns on, but all three bulbs (red, green and blue) all blink off an off randomly. Imagine a loose cable that is being jiggled, and that's basically what it looks like. This happens for all inputs, and all three bulbs/lamps blink out and back on together. Any ideas on what could be causing this? The most frustrating part about this is several months back this happened, but once I moved the TV around a little to check connections, it went away until yesterday.

Username: Sdmike

I have a WS55859 and it keeps turning itself off after a few seconds.... Reset and power cycling didn't help. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 9
I'm still having the same problem. I have a Mitsubishi model WS-55809. I changed the IC's to a brand new Sanyo STK-392-570's cause I had a convergence problem. I checked all the pico fuses and they are fine. I checked the jumper connector and they are well connected. Now to test my TV. I turn it on and it turns off in a matter of a second. I tried it several times but it keeps on doing that. So I'd just leave the plug connected anticipating that it might reset somewhere. But it's still the same. So I unpluged it and try to checked the over all connection. But everything is plugged right and it's still the same. Does any one out there knows the problem? Please help. I know there are experts out there. Your help is deeply appreciated.

Username: Beatlenat

Al,
I am having exactly the same problem. Started with the convergence with the red color separating from the image to give 3D effect. Later the TV would power down for no reason and when I kept pressing the Power button it would turn on. However since the last two days it will not power up at all. Press the power button on the panel or on remote the Power (Timer) LED light comes on for a second and turns off. No picture or sound.
I would really appreciate if you or somebody else on this group could help me. Repair cost estimate from a couple of TV repair companies ~$500.00 and no guarantees.

Username: Ewdiggz

Sunnyvale, Ca. United States

hello to all I have a problem with my mitsubishi wd62628 62" DLP. I went to the store to by a cable to hook up my pc to television. he sold me a RGB cale with a componet out put he said this woul be fine since my TV does'nt have pc conection. So I went home connected it up to the TV and got vertical lines and partial screen. After I disconnected it and try to watch my TV wich is connected throu the HDMI port and now I get a redish picture and the same with my dvd player witch is hooked up to the other HDMI 2 port. The TV works great on cable antena and throu s video and RC inputs. can someone help thank you to anyone who can help me

Bronze Member
Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 34
Al Dagsee

Did you tried a check error codes?
what is the code shows?

do you mean pushong the menue and the input button in the front of the TV

Post Number: 3
The TV works fine it is just the HDMI and component that are not working properly. The power and everything else is OK. Help anyone much appreciated thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
james cordova,

Did you tried to initialize?

Maybe that will help

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 10
"t" can't even start the TV at all. Is'nt it that before you could see the menu you need to turn on the TV? It just turns off when I turn it on. I turn it on and the timer light turns on a second then "click" it turns of. Do you think it has something to do with the timer? Does the timer has a resistor that maybe is burned out so it won't turn on? Thank "t".

Post Number: 4
yes I did that if you mean resetting it with menu button and a sequence of numbers I did nothing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Al Dagsee

press menu and input, hold for a 6 sec. then read a error code it will blink like 2 pause 1 or something else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
james cordova

i think menu then 2470 then enter for initil.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 11
"t" I just did press the menu and input for 6 sec. Nothing came up except the timer blinking twice then pause then blink twice again then pause then it stop.

Post Number: 6
ok I did I see power restore off
direct key mode off
G-link off
netcommaand software v30 007.03
Digital signal strength N/A
and on the bottom mof the screen the numbers

03884 00078 03806 00000 00000
do you know what it means and what should I do next. thank you for the help t

T.
should I turn on where it say off I will wait to hear from you before I do anything a million thanks once again.

T.

should I turn it on where it say off I will wait to hear from you before I do anything. Once again a million thanks

I initialize same thing nothing changed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Al Dagsee,

2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies)

1. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR LEAKY C9A60 470 PF 1000 V PART # 154P400030, PARALLEL TO D9A57 ON THE POWER PCB (NOT SHOWN IN THE SCHEMATIC). 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 AND F9A05 PART # 283P043090 ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT. 3. SELF-DIAGNOSIS INDICATES SHORT PROTECT. CHECK FOR A SHORTED IC4B01 PART # 270P261020 (VERTICAL OUTPUT) LOADING 24-VOLT SUPPLY LINE. LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB

Username: Twistedrobotics

Mass

Hello all, I know this might be rude but I have a question about a VS-4541. One day it just stopped working. I did some investigating and found that Q9A05 was desoldered, looked like an overheat issue. I resoldered it and it still does not turn on. I took out the boards and I hhave them on the bench but I really have no idea where to start. Can someone guide me?
My email is nalent@charter.net
Thanks a lot

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 12
"t" thanks for the info. last night. I checked everything you said and found out that one of the Pico Fuse is dead, F9A05. It was good before but I think it was going dead and now it's totally dead}}. So I will replace F9A04 & F9A05 to be on the safe side. By the way does F9A04 means 4Amps or they are both 5Amps for both F9A04 & F9A05? I'm ordering this fuses on Monday at MCM Electronics. So they have a different Part Number.
Regarding the IC4B01, I realy don't know how to check it if it has a shortage. I'd tryed to use a voltmeter but it's moving. Does that mean that is dead too? Thanks so much "t". Hopefully this is the problem.

Username: Sccerbro

I know this has been a hot topic on this board, but I have tried the fix and still no help. I have a WS-65813 tv bought in 2003, and like many others the little green light won't stop blinking. I have replaced the capacitors on the MD, but still blinking. There also seems to be a faint chirping noise accompanying this blinking, but it is very difficult to hear. Not sure if that is a sign that maybe something else is wrong with the tv. Anybody have an hints, tips, or clues that may help me out? I need it.

Has anybody had this problem before if so please help. I just discovered my HDMI does work when I use P.I.P but only on the right side of the screen. }}}}}hello to all I have a problem with my mitsubishi wd62628 62" DLP. I went to the store to by a cable to hook up my pc to television. he sold me a RGB cale with a componet out put he said this woul be fine since my TV does'nt have pc conection. So I went home connected it up to the TV and got vertical lines and partial screen. After I disconnected it and try to watch my TV wich is connected throu the HDMI port and now I get a redish picture and the same with my dvd player witch is hooked up to the other HDMI 2 port. The TV works great on cable antena and throu s video and RC inputs. can someone help thank you to anyone who can help me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Al Dagsee

Check for short pin 2 to 4 ground on vertical def. ic

Bronze Member

Im not sure what that is but I will do my best to finde out where that is located. Thanks Al D.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 14
"t" I'm still lost. Are we still talking about the IC4B01? This IC has 4 pins. If I'm looking at the board on the opening backside of the TV does number one pin starts on the back going up to the front of the TV? Could I check it with voltmeter? Could you please show it to me in an illustration if you can? Also what do you call this IC in case I order it? Thanks so much "t".

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 15
"t" If that how it is, from back to front it is strong. I just checked it now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Al Dagsee,
Just replace F9A05 fuse. I think you will be fine. It is a 5A fuse. You can put any kind fuse up there. Like, solder 2 pins on side of glass
fuse. Just make shure fuse not toches other components.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 16
"t" Okay I'll order the fuse and just replace this F9A05. Thanks so much for not giving up on me. Hopefully this is the problem. I'll let you know once I get this TV up and running. Once again, THANKS SO MUCH. You're are great guy.

Bronze Member

Al Dagsee you seem to really know your stuff is the any solution to my problem thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
james cordova

PM me serial number, I will try to help you with
this. Just private pm, do not post here.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 17
James Cordova, It's not me who should get the credit. It's "t" who has been helping us. His the man who did not abandon us and had helped us to his fullness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Thomas Nalen,

Need more info, like how tv acting. Turns green light then turns off. Any click on off sound or so. Let me know

Thx

Mass

when it happened the tv had sound but no video then i turned it off and back on and it had nothing. it has been a while since I had the main board installed. What I did find was Q9A05 had overheated like it was shorted, I resoldered it back into the board and turned it back on but nothing at all. I plan on replacing this transistor but I am not sure what else I should replace. TVs are not my usual electronic repair, I work with HV power supplies. Do you have a schematic for this TV?

Mass

if I remember correctly the week before the screen did something weird. it shrand down then came back. also the color was not right just for a few minutes like it need to warm up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Thomas,
I think you have a bad connection on crt yoke.
It is easy to check. just look behind of connector look for bad solder. connection. Look for big connectors not converg. small one. look for vert. and horizon. They have a bigger connector with 4 wires on each yoke.

Mass

are those the ones on the crt boards? the round sockets? if so I check them because I read somewhere on this post about that but I will check again. is there any other parts I should replace while I have the main board out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
No
They are on yokes. Check them first

Bronze Member

Mass

ok as far as i can see they are the connectors with th 6 wires in it, they are all good on all 3 yokes, I also just looked at the crt boards and they appear to be fine as well.also while I have the main board out I measured all the fuses and they are good. I am at a loss here.

Bronze Member

Mass

t... I need to get to bed. will you be around friday evening to continue this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hey t I sent you the serial throu P.M. Did you get it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
yes

Bronze Member

t do you have any info about my broblem.

Username: Budiceman

NewB Here

I need help aslo I have a vs-60707
I had a horizontal scramble I replaced a couple caps and I have the power on off problem. I got code 21. Where do I start. I have the repair manuals and not to helpful. I dont have a clip for the RG socket was there one lol
thanks
chris
budiceman0@aol.com

Username: Mvpcatch33

Need Help! i have 1080 hdtv intergated 4 1/2 yr old- My wife was cleaning house and she unplugged the the from the surge protector! When she was done cleaning, she plugged the tv back in-PROBLEM! Tv wouldnt come on- all would happen was the power lite blinks(green) for 3-5 min then stop for 10 sec and does the blinking routing again! I have NO clue what it could be- I've unplugged tv, waited over an hour ,does same thing! any help would be gratefull! You can email me at mvpcatch33@aol.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
james cordova,
Sorry, not yet. Wait little.

thx

Bronze Member

Mass

Post Number: 13
t, what do you know about a RCA MM32110, I got it for free and it has only have the screen then no picture after about a minute. It's the lower half and it has sound. As far as I can tell thats the only thing wrong with it. Also I will be ordering the new transistors for the vs4541 tomorrow.

Bronze Member

t, thank you I will be waiting.

Username: Clubairth

I also had the blinking green light of death. TV is a Mitsubishi WS-65513. I replaced the 4 capacitors on the DM board as advised. Still had the blinking light after reinstall. Finally read the factory service manual for the DM board replacement. You MUST first install the DM board by itself, without the metal case. Insert a piece of cardboard to prevent the copper grounding shield from touching the DM board. Then test the TV. Mine worked immediately! It is very difficult to properly seat the DM board when it's inside it's metal case.

Username: Dwmartin

I have a mitsubishi ws65809. the convergence will be in and out for hours, then clear up. what can i do to fix this problem? thanks

Username: Stef_fsu

Please Help! I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 55" rear projection tv. Suddenly, we can get it to power on. It clicks on and then clicks right back off. If anyone knows what to do we would be so grateful!

Username: Cahimk

Cincinnati, Ohio Usa

Need Help: I have been reading these problems but I have not seen this problem for the Mitsubishi VS-55601.

}The problem I'm having is when you turn on the TV I get red,green,blue horizontial lines for the first 10 min. of the (I guess TV warming up)
these lines will come and go then will quit. But I noticed yesterday that when the dog went running in the living room the lines came back and I then had to turn the TV off because it would not quit. I do not know how to fix this. Can anyone help. I have heard the stories on the cost of the repair man and I can't afford that. Please help as I don't have a manuel for this TV

Cincinnati, Ohio Usa

I wanted to add. that this is a 54" big screen TV from 1998. Please if anyone could help me}

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 18
Stefani,
It's your pico fuses. There are two fuses located in the middle board. Check those small letterings on the board and find F9A04 & F9A05. Once you see this two little pico fuses, check them with a voltmeter. If one or both are dead then it's time to remove the board and de-solder those pico fuses and replace them with new ones. You could order this fuses from MCM @ 1800-543-4330. This are 5 Amp. pico fuses.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 19
Mary,
Your convergence IC's are giving up or the solders are all cracked due to heat and so they loss connections to the board. Once you bang your TV or maybe a little movement on the floor, those IC's will reconnect again and your TV is back to normal. Once the TV is off & cools down a bit and when you turned the TV on again, you will see that 3D effect once again. Check the pictures or illustrations in this forum and you will see how an IC's looks like. They are those two octagon looking metals which are paste with heat sink compound towards the heat sink and you could see them clearly since the brakets are not attached. Those illustrations are in Jerry Jaz forum (Second Picture). Those IC's are STK 392-570. If you follow the instructions showned in this forum on how to remove the middle board then you could save $450.00 for repairs. You could order this IC's from MCM Electronics @ 1800-543-4330. This IC's are Sanyo STK392-570 IC's.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 20
David Martin you have the same problem with Mary Cahill. Just read the instrucstions I send to her.

Username: Glen242

VS 55601. After almost 10 trouble free years, I get green lines at the top left, bottom left and bottom right of the screen. When I try and set convergence, middle and top right crosses set ok, top left, bottom left, and bottom right crosses have the green crosses cocked and down out of position so the red and blue crosses do not come close.

All color guns are working and there is a picture on the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anyone have an Idea what Im looking for on the diognostic code 21. Also If anyone needs manuals let me know what for I can see what I can do
thanks

Chris

thanks for the help "BUT" I have messed something else up. i have sound but no picture any ideas.

Username: Jd13

HI , I have a Mitsubishi WT-42311. When I press the power button on the TV nothing happens. When I press the power button on the remote the power light on the TV lights up for a few moments then shut off along with hearing what sounds like a relay clicking twice. I press the menu and Input and once it start flashing the code I let go. The light flash twice and then pauses then flashes 2 more times. It does this 5 time then stops flashing. So I'm getting 5 sets of 2 and 2.

The person that give the TV to me (because she did not want to pay to have it fixed again) said that she had 2 computer chips replaced because the picture had doubled up. She said it worked fine for a while after she got it back. My guess is they replaced the convergence chips.

It appears to be the fuse issue that is talked about here and on many other sites. I am capable soldering/replacing the fuses or any other non lethal componant but i'm having a hard time figuring out which one they are. I seen that T posted a picture for Al Dagsee shown which componants to replace. I was hoping that T could do the same for me but with pictures of the WT-42311 ciruit board.

Of couse I may be wrong about whats the problem is, I'm going with the assumtion of the 2/2 flashing code. Any help and or tips would be appreciated

Username: Chrisandnat

Post Number: 5
I have fixed two of the newer TV's with the blink My steps to fix:

http://www.chrisandnat.com/temp/BlinkingTV.pdf

Here is also a link with all the TV fix docs and manuals.

http://www.chrisandnat.com/Projects/BlinkingTV/blink.htm

Just wondering if anyone might have a service manual for the WS55859. After 5 years of working fine, it will now turn itself off about 3-4 seconds after being turned on. Resetting and power cycling didn't help. Thanks in advance!

I have it whats your email . I still need helpp please someone

Post Number: 4
Iceman/Chris: If you could send to sdmike (at) gmail (dot) com it would be greatly appreciated. Good luck with your problem, hopefully someone here can help...

Mike L,

the docs are all here:

Post Number: 5
Chris,
I was actually responding to the other Chris - "Iceman" - as I'm looking for the service manual for the WS55859 and (unless I'm missing it) I didn't see it in your docs. Thanks though!

No problem,

My link does include the service manual for download, as well as other documents that explain how to fix this issue:

Bronze Member

Mass

t, I have replaced the transistors and check the yoke connections but found nothing wrong. I powered up the tv and I now have sound but no picture. can you email me so I can ask you some questions about this issue? nalent@charter.net

Cincinnati, Ohio Usa

Thanks so much Al Dagsee, but I'm still alittle lost. I'm not sure what the part is on that 2nd picture in Jerry Jaz, I see the # stk 392-570 but just not clear on what to do. Does anyone have a manuel for Model # VS-55601 that I can go by.

Chris,

I'm not seeing the service manual for the WS55859 specifically, could you point me in the right direction? It seems like all the model numbers you've covered end in -13, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's right in front of me! lol

Also, I'm not having the "blink of death" issue. Mine just turns off after a couple of seconds of being turned on.

Thanks again!

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 21
"t" finally got the part from MCM. I soldered that pico fuse and put them all together and "WALLA" it works perfectly fine. Thanks so much for the assistance and take good care.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 22
Mary Cahill, you need to replace those IC's. So in order to get your hands on those IC's. You need to remove the middle circuit board. But it's critical to remove the board because there are hidden screws. Also watch out for that high voltage charge cause it still has electrical charge even though its unpluged. So open the back of the TV take pictures and I'll guide you on how to remove the board as a first step. Then once you remove the board, you need to de-solder those IC's which are so close by each other. There are about 15 pins in each IC. But if you are still interested in fixing your TV by yourself then lets start on removing the board. Send those photos on my personal e:mail. My e:mail address is aldagsee@comcast.net

i have sound but no picture any ideas.

Username: Rlee131

I have a Mitsubishi WD 57731 DLP TV that I have had for 17 months. It has been working fine but a month ago developed a problem where the picture will dim very slightly for less than a split second like a quick flicker in britness This happens intermittently. Sometimes it has to be on for awhile before it starts and sometimes it happens right away. It will do this about every 10 minutes or so.
Has anyone had this problem or know what it might be?
Thanks

Bronze Member

Mass

Hey t, I was wondering if you could help me with my Magnavox model 60P8241 chasis PTV910. The other day I was watching it and it turned off by itself. the power light was blinking so i turned it back on and it stayed on for a few hours, then it did it again. I turned it off for the night. the next day I turned it on and within 5 minutes it did the same thing and proceeded to do it each time I turned it on. I went into the service mode and got the error codes.
the first one (latest) was 7 BC loop not stable
the second 17 ECO PIP IC or DW PIP IC failure
the third 30 CSP i2c error
the forth 8 BOCMA TDA888X llc error
then the next three are 0's
any idea where I should start looking and if you or someone else has had these issues before.

Thanks for the help.

Username: Senkoman

Charlotte, NC USA

I have a WS55809 that takes quite a while to warmup and show the TV's own tuner picture. If I turn it on and use the VCR of DVD the picture will come on pretty much right away. There may be a slight delay but not much of one. After a whille I can use the TV's tuner and change chanels, and sometimes the TV picture will go out briefly with changing TV stations.

If anyone knows what the issue is and/or which board could be the problem and if it is available it would be appreciated. I really don't want to get a new TV or have to pay an outrageous amount to fix it. I live in Charlotte, NC if you do happen to know a reliable and reasonable repair person who comes to the problem.

I am quite handy, can solder... used to fix this kind of stuff when they had tubes...

Username: Jgagne33

Santa Barbara, CA Us

I have a mitsubishi wt46809 and having the 2-2 problem. I got it the tv free and thought I'd see if I could fix it myself even though I have no experience. I read there are parts that hold a strong charge after the unit has been unplugged, any suggestions on what precautions I should take to avoid any safety issues?

Thanks

Jason

Username: Dsmcasey

Sanger, Texas USA

I HAD the blinking light of death on my WS65813 when I woke up this morning. I read Chris's post and went to his website. I'm a NOOB with electronics, but I followed the directions on Chris's site and was able to pick up four capacitors from radio shack for $1.60/each. I bought a soldering iron and some solder as well. It came to $22. It would have been $18 if I didn't spring for the $4 solder sucker upper deal (which was useless anyway).

Parts: $18 (really $6 if you have a soldering iron and some solder or can borrow one)
Time: 1 1/2 Hours

TV blinked for the first 60 seconds after I plugged it in (just like it said it would) then I turned it on and it worked great. I have been watching football all day and it's been GREAT! A big thanks to everyone on this board for saving me $300+++ !!

Tip: Be careful when soldering. My iron slipped a few times and I scratched the board (lightly) luckily it wasn't scratched bad enough to harm it. Apparently with soldering irons it's not how hard you press, but just how hot the iron is. The 25W iron I got didn't get warm very fast.

Username: Bflynnfam

Vacaville, CA United States

I have a ws-55813 and had the blinking green light problem. I took out the DM module and replaced the 4 capacitors with 35v 1000uf and the tv turns on just fine. New problem. After the tv turns on, the screen turns sky blue and then shuts off after about five seconds. I can hear a distinct click each time it turns off. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've come this far with the home fixit and don't want to give up yet. I am not real handy with electronics, but have friends who can solder. Please help.

Username: Steve11

I have a WS-55819 that I have replaced the two convergence ic's. I fixed one problem and created another. The problem is that the red will not converge at all. The red signal is off when using the calibration tool built into the set and I don't want to attack the rings just yet. Has anyone experienced this problem? Thanks a bunch!

Username: Mebe

Hello there
I have the ws-55819 aswell but my problem is wheni trun the tv on it clicks then shuts off almost immediatly any thing i can do myself or is this a tech issue

Username: Cb3

USA

Hello

I have a 64" rear projection mitsubishi tv. Recently the green on the tv has started to go out. It will flicker out then come back later. When the green is out the TV looks more red. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks

Username: Davidabossie

Loveland, CO USA

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my new (4 months old) Mitsubishi 57" TV that I did not see posted above. Yesterday, the TV was woking fine. Today as soon as the TV powers up I get this message on the screen: "TV will shut down in a few seconds. Check to make sure air flow is not blocked." After the TV Shuts down the yellow status light comes on - a steady yellow light. The air flow is not blocked. The manual troubleshooting section say the room is too hot and to cool the room. The room is the coldest in the house (maybe 65 degrees today) and none of the components nearby are warm to the touch nor is the TV itself. I contacted Mitsubishi today and the customer service representative said the TV is under warranty but the only authorized service centers are closed until after Christmas. Does anyone know of a quick fix or do I have to have a blank TV for Christmas?

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your helpful advice Al Dagsee. Using the guidelines you proposed I was able to get the middle board out without any issues today and with the help of a friend (who is more skilled than me in Soldering) was able to replace the two Convergence chips and the fuses. However after putting the board back in, on pressing the power button the TV again would turn off in a few seconds. I double checked the fuses and they look ok; could something else be wrong. I believe I read on the forum about a couple of diodes that could be bad. Do you know how I could check the functioning of the diodes and if bad where I could get new ones.

Again, thanks a lot for your help -- appreciate it.

Happy Holidays.

Username: Gm1290

I have a Mistu WS 55413 that has begun to have little flickers on the screen, and the volume went full tilt this afternoon without any prompting on my part. Tried to mute, turned the volume down at the TV and via the remote, but went back up immediately to full blast. Shut the unit off for 30 mins and so far it has been back on for about an hour with no symptoms. Repair guy wants $150 just to look at the darn thing. Purchased in July of 2003, and it gets a pretty good work out every day.

Is it time to pitch it and start from scratch or is this salvageable?

Thanks to anyone out there...

Mark

Username: Web_rat

Friend has a Mitsubishi vs-5041 that was working great. He let a cousin play video game on it now the tv has issue. At power up screen is fine but after 1-2 seconds a large black box appears on screen hiding everything but about a 3 inch border all sides. Picture is normal on the borders. Audio is normal. Also if input is changed or channel changed, box disappears for 1-2 seconds but returns. Menus are normal and he can also start a dvd and bring up a menu and not have the box. He does not have manual on this tv. I dont think it is anything serious but am unable to come up with an answer. Any help greatly appreciated!

Username: Ckd1191

I have a 52" Mitsubishi DLP 1080p that is 2 years old. Recently,the lamp burnt out and I replaced it. A few days later, the lamp light came back on, but this time it is a solid amber light. The set still works fine.

I can no longer find the manual, so I don't know how to resolve this solid amber light issue.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Sorry of this one was too easy for you. :-)

Username: Steve19410

Hello All.

I seem to be having the flashing green light of death as well, I have a 62" DLP model # WD-62825. Our bulb blew out the other day and upon replacing it today we noticed the continuous green flashing of the timer/power indicator. We have tried all the solutions that were given by the owner's manual to no avail... I saw this post from google, and it has most of the info I need, but the concern I have is that all the help from Chrisandnat's site is for the v23++ versions with the WS in front of the model # and mine is a V26++ series WD-62825.

Does anyone have any info on the exact location of the DM on this model version?

Also I have a lot of electrical knowledge but I dont have any clue about how to replace capacitors. If anyone could e-mail me a description of what I need to do to detach the old caps and what to do with the new ones I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out. steve19410@hotmail.com

thanks for any help on this

Steve

Username: Modahl

I have a Mitsubishi VS60705 that has fluid coming out of left projection tube; the fluid has dripped onto the circuit board; tv won't turn on; green light blinks twice on front of tv but no power. Is this worth fixing or time for a new tv?

Hi All,

SUCCESS! Thanks to all the information in this forum, I was able to fix my Mitsubishi WS55905 TV, which initially had a convergence issue and later would not turn on. I changed the two convergence chips and the two fuses. Initially while soldering a fuse I put too much heat and the foil in the board fell where I had applied the solder on the fuse. I had to jumper (put a small cable) from the fuse to the transformer as shown in the schematics. Now the TV works as good as new.

Again Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

Nat

Username: Fibermaster321

I have a WS-55859 and my problem is that the TV sounds like it tries to turn on for a few seconds and I hear a click coming from one of the boards in the back. I have taken the back off exposing the internals to find nothing burned and the main fuse is fine. what could be my problem and does anyone have a service manual for this model?

Username: Powwow

i have a VS-55601 my problem is that while viewing the picture will disappear,but I still have audio.It seems that if the unit is turned on and off the picture comes back. This is not a constant problem it can go weeks before it happens,then it seems to happen for a couple of days then nothing for a while anybody have any advice

Username: Fixepah

I have the ws-65905. I read earlier on this post that someone asked if they could just plug their HD source into the DTV input to get 1080. I was wondering the same thing. I also have the HD-1080 converter, but my new HD DVR does not have coax out to send to the converter. The sat guy said the DVR does the "conversion" anyway, so I thought I wouldn't need the converter.

Can't I just plug the HD DVR directly into the DTV input using component to get 1080 resolution? When I try, it doesn't work. Right now, I have the DVR plugged into the "DVD" input with component, and my xbox 360 plugged into the DTV input using component. Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Spacy

My Roommate was given a 1995 Mitsubishi TV model number VS-5041 and we know nothing about TVs and we have it plugged in and when we go to turn it on it clicks, but nothing happened the tv doesn't turn on or nothing it just clicks and thats it. i would be greatful for any help that can be given because the TV is in mint condition and if we could ge tit to work it'd be great. my email is Tracybean143@hotmail.com

Username: Tyrel

Hi:
I have a 2003 60" Mitsubishi Medallion 1080i with the green blink of death and I don't know what the DM board is to replace the 4 capacitors. If some one would could point me in the rite direction it would be appreciated. email tyresticles@yahoo.com

thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us