Comcast DVR to DVD hookup

Oakland, California USA

Post Number: 1
I am having a problem recording from my Comcast DVR to my DVD recorder. I have a HD Comcast DVR and have hookup the coaxial cable to DVR and then HDMI cable to my Reciever. I then came from the Coax out on the DVR to the DVD and set the channel on the DVD to channel 3. I get a picture but no sound. I have also tried the audio out on the DVR but I still get no sound? Help.

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 69
Go straight from the Comcast DVR to the receiver; use the digital audio output (perhaps the orange coax will work too) when you connect the two boxes.

Use the HDMI cable from the Comcast box to the television set. Set the television set to use HDMI cable. You should be able to use the other leftover outputs from the Comcast DVR to run to the DVD recorder and select the correct input line/audio video source on the DVD recorder to see the picture and hear the sound. Hec, it's the same way I have mine set up. Everything's pretty straight forward. If you're trying to use your receiver to process the sound via the HDMI cable perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

Username: Gilgmlco

Oakland, California USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. I instead used the regular comcast box and it did work fine. I don't understand why the DVR did not work. What I did was connect the coax cable from cable company in to the comcast box. From the out i ran that in to my DVD recorder. That worked fine. But when I hooked up the DVR box with the same hookup I got a picture but no sound. So now I just gave up and used the regular cable box

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 71
I haven't tried to record anything on my DVD recorder from the Comcast DVR for a long time. However, I was able to get a picture and sound by only using the composite (red/yellow/white). I was also able to record using that method. I have the Comcast box that has the dual dvr tuners. Never ran the black cable wire from the box to the dvd recorder.

Username: Gilgmlco

Oakland, California USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info. Anyway I don't understand why the motorola box from comcast did not work the same way. It could be a defective box. I think I will ask comcast why it didn't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us