SAMSUNG HL R5678W colors skewed

Username: Keepmycool

Post Number: 1
We own a 56" HL-R and have had it since new about 2 years ago. The problem started about 6 months ago when the colors onscreen became greenish blue and skin tones are almost alien like. The problem seems to be more apparent on dark backgrounds and is becoming worse. Samsung has said it may be the light engine and they may cover it, even though warranty is out. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? The local TV shop charged us to look at it and in the 3 months since they were here, haven't even called samsung and have our money for the service evaluation. I would NEVER recommend raygoza's out of Bakersfield Ca. I called another big service shop yesterday and they said they just dropped samsung as a manufacturer. She wouldn't elaborate why they did this. I build energy management systems and building automation, so I could do the work myself. Somehow it doesn't sit right to pay a guy with 2 weeks of training $400 for an hour when I don't make that after a 5 year college education.
Thanks in advance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us