Samsung HLN567W, ballast or lamp?

Username: Ridgeback00

Post Number: 1
Think this is the Gen 2 Samsungs, I've had no issue for over 4 years. The other day when I hit the power button nothing happened, no lights on the front at all. I unplugged, and plugged it back in and then it came on. Later that day when I powered it on again it still didnt power on, however this time while the power button on the remote was pressed the timer light would flash, but the middle light wouldnt light up afterwards like normal making the "click" sound followed by a picture. Unplugged and replugged again and it worked. Been working for a day now but after doing some research I still dont know if this is a bad ballast, or bulb. There doesnt appear to be any issue with the picture when it does work, looks fine. Any ideas?

Username: 2old2remember

Post Number: 1
I have the SAME QUESTION for my HLN50651X/XAA - with VERY similar symptoms. Turn unit on - get flashes of PARTIAL picture (top 1/4 screen w/ pic, middle has lines, bottom is blank), then whole screen goes blank.
ONLY resolution is to unplug the unit, wait a minute or so, and then power back up. When I turn the unit on, I get full-screen pic.
So the question is: LAMP or BALLAST?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us