Samsung DLP should be RECALLED

Username: Mr_happy_3210

MA USA

Post Number: 5
Remember the floor model TV that your Mom and dad picked up when you were a child. It lasted 20 years before it needed a picture tube. Not with todays Samsung. Spend thousands of dollars and you will be LUCKY to get two years without a repair.I have Samsung Model HLR4266W
Purchased Circuit city warranty for $250.00 It needed a color wheel in 47 months. It took CC repair man over 3 weeks to order the part and install the color wheel. A year later I have lamp light flashing. (I ordered bulb and installed myself) This is very easy to do
Now I have a whirling sound again and ordered a color wheel for $120.00 with shipping. I don't plan on waiting 3 weeks and about $400.00 for a service man. I have found online step by step instructions to replace the color wheel.
I called 1-800 Samsung and asked to speak to a supervisor. Told him that there DLP TV's should be recalled for POOR Quality.
Told him about the many people on the message board with 1 and 2 year old TV's with Major problems.
I will do my best to keep my TV running but, This will be the last product that I will buy from Samsung.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us