Cambridge audio dvd99 new player

Bronze Member
Username: Logos

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 30
I hate how much Iceland is a small market place and many of the shops here in Iceland are just to small to be able to provide a good test area for listening. Went to the only store in Iceland which sells cambridge audio stuff and I basicly had to ask them REALLY nicely to plug the dvd player to a amp so I could judge the cd playback. Well any way I bougth it after comparing it to Nad t535, Denon 1940 but I still am a bit worried that should have bought the Nad t535. Upscaling was the same and it sounded similar in cd playback but the problem is I coulden't do a A/B listening test since they were in two separate stores and neither had a really good listening room. But Any ways I will be doing a comparins between the cambridge dvd99 to my old Pioneer Dv-562a if any body is intrested in it here.

Bronze Member

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 31
Update: I have returned the DVD99. Not because I didn't like it. I have returned it because I found out that CA is going to sell a 640D azur dvd player with all the stuff I want. But the problem is that it isn't out yet. So I have to wait. The DVD99 did sound good and to my ears better than the Pioneer dvd565a I had. Picture quality was far better. CD playback sounded more open and brighter without sounding harsh then the Pioneer. But I am looking for ward for the 640D but if I have to wait to long I will probably end by buying the Nad t535. To bad I can't find any review or test about the Nad in English. Is there anybody here who has compared the Nad T535 with anything? Maybe the dvd99 from CA? One thing I noticed with the DVD99 was that the analog sound from the player sounded higher than from the Pioneer, and that could be mistaken as better sound quality when doing A/B comparison. The CA dealer in Iceland has a sale on CA units. You can buy the 740C player for 349 pounds

Bronze Member

Kopavogur, IS Iceland

Post Number: 37
Well today I decided on buying the new Nad T535 universal player instead of the CA dvd99 I had before. Not because I thought the CA to be lacking in any way I just gave up on waiting for the 640D From CA. I decided to take the Nad (which cost the same as the DVD99) because it uses the same Analog to digital chip as the Azur 540D which has often been praised for it's cd redbook playback. Not that it would matter so much since I also have the Azur 540c cd player. I will probably test the Nad and write somthing here since there is almost no review about this player yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us