Samsung DLP, no picture but sound

Username: Aweaver

Post Number: 3
Hello All!!

I posted this on another thread earlier today, but I thought I would start a new one since I'm desperate. I have an older 56" HLN567W and we had the DMD board, light engine and color wheel replaced about 2.5 years ago (that was a fiasco with Samsung). We had multiple issues with it initially, but in the last couple of years, the only thing that occurs every once in a while is that we turn it on, it chimes like it's coming on, we have sound but no picture, and then it turns itself off and tries again. It would always come on the second time until last week. We turn it on, and it does this "cycle" about 3 or 4 times, and then turns off. The 3 lights blink with sound, but no picture. After looking at this forum and Samsung's website, we thought a lamp would be a good place to start. We bought a new lamp (one with a 1 year warranty), tried to install it yesterday and it still doesn't work. What else should I try? I don't want to spend too much money on it since the LCD's have gotten so cheap, I'm afraid it's going to become the money pit.

I've looked through a good number of the threads on this forum and I see that people have complained about this and they have been recommended to switch the lamp and ballast, but I've also seen some respond that it didn't work, but didn't hear if there was anything that did fix it for sure.

Any ideas or do I just go out and buy a "disposable" Vizio at Walmart?

On another note, I have an awesome Pioneer Elite 64" in another room that's about 5-6 years old...NOT ONE ISSUE WITH IT!!!!

}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us