Oppo 980 Firmware

Gold Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 1970
I just downloaded and installed Oppo's latest firmware beta, batch DV980-16-0701, and the install, with USB, went very smoothly.
However, it did NOT resolve the sound truncation problem, where the first note of the first track is often missing.
Also, when I manually set the resolution to 1080P on the Oppo setup screen, a strange thing happened.
When I turned off then on again, the little HDMI LED listing on the left side of the player kept going to 1080i, even though I'd set it on the screen as 1080P.
Hmm. . .pushing the HDMI button on the remote showed me that the player was, indeed, in 1080P mode.
I finally just reset the resolution to "auto," and now it sets itself properly. I just thought it strange. . .
The newest firmware seems stable, and, as always, I'm very happy with the 980 - the sound truncation issue aside.
As I play mostly movies or full-disc classical or opera music, the truncation issue is rather minor to me - although it has caused much grief to many others.
Maybe the NEXT firmware upgrade will set everything right?
At least the Oppo customer service people are great in answering - probably best in the business!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us