Samsung HLS5687WX/XAA Picture Issue

Username: Erikm1970

Doral, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Hello there,

My mother owns a Samsung HLS5687WX/XAA set and started having issues with the picture going out when she was watching Blu-Ray titles. She has had the unit in for repair several times (one visit was to replace a thermal sensor and the latest repair involved replacing the entire system board).

She received the unit back two days ago and when she attempted to watch a Blu-Ray movie, the problem returned. She has to turn off the TV for a few minutes and then turn it back on to continue watching the movie. The problem will happen again several minutes later. She has to repeat this procedure to get through the entire movie. She has more patience than I do!

Anyhow, this problem only seems to happen when watching Blu-Ray titles. DVD movies in the same player work fine and SDTV and HDTV programming also play fine.

She is going to wait 30 more days before she logs a new repair call. If the set comes back with the problem again, she'll be able to have it replaced by Circuit City; however, she loves the TV and would love to have this problem fixed once and for all.

I was wondering if anyone here has also experienced this issue and has any suggestions?

Thank you,
Erik

Username: Bla45

Post Number: 1
Mine has the same problem, happens with the blue ray or when watching tv. Shuts off after 30-45 minutes and does this again every 5-7 minutes for another 1/2 hour, then may decide to stay on. Very frustating, anyone who has experienced this please post a reply as to what the part was that solved this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us