36 inch flat the BEST picture????

Mallory
Does a 36 inch flat screen tv provide the sharpest(and affordable)picture on the market today?

qdog
Well, possibly..it seems my 57" looks absolutely terrific when in HD or dvd, but kinda sucky when viewing cable normally..The expansion of the picture provides artifacts that i don't see on my 27"

Mallory
qdog , Do you think the Sony WEGA is a good choice for a 36 inch flat?

qdog
I have never been a big fan of Sony, after purchasing a Sony 27" in 1990, only to have the picture tube crap out after 13 months..Warranty expired after 1 year...After much heated discussion they agreed to split the cost...I promised after that, to never buy a Sony product again...

Gilbert
I think the Sony KV-36FS100 is one of the best anolog TV's that you can buy. Street price is around $850. It will serve you well for a few years. After that it's all HD. The KV-35HS510 will do HD but it's around $1700. The only problem with the KV-36HS510 is that it is a 4:3 set. You will have to watch widescreen format with bars on the top and botom. The KV-34HS510 is a widescreen which will be good for DVD's and widescreen format but you will have to watch 4:3 format with bars on the sided or distort (stretch) the image. It all depends on what format you will be watching primarily. It's not very easy to buy a TV now that we are in transition mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us