Sony Optical Block Class Action ( Come on Sony make things right)

Username: Jayman1958

Lowell, MA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony KDF50WE655 and I am experiencing OB problems. I don't know it they will cover it or not. I would like to suggest that we consumers unite to get this problem resolved. Sony is well aware of the large number of TV's effected. We all wish they would stand up and take responsibility and fix the units. However, since this is not happening (to my knowledge)what can we do. If anyone reads this message and knows how we can go about getting our TV's repaired please respond. I will do my part and hopefully enough of us will participate to get some action. Let's face it, it's cheaper for Sony to field thousands of calls, and hope we go away, versus doing what they should.
Regards, JL

Username: Kcoppin

Post Number: 1
Jerry,

I have the same TV - and the same problems . . . Sony agreed to pay half the cost to replace the OB in my set, two years after I had purchased the Tv - I still had out-of-pocket expense in excess of $700.00. Now, a little over a year after the OB was replaced, the OB needs to be replaced again! I called them approximately three or four months after the OB was initially replaced, because I was already experiencing problems . . . This sucks - and there is significant documentation regarding the optical Block issues with these TVs. Sony is well aware of them . . . there was a settlement of a class action suit regarding OB problems, but this series TV was not included in that suit . . .

Kerry Coppin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us