RCA F25190SE 1992 TV model

Username: Snyds4

Post Number: 1
I have gotten a older tv given to me and would like to be able to hook up the Direct TV cable box to it. It is the model above which I cannot seem to set up the proper channels for it to run on with Phillips cable box. Have already talked with Direct TV to no avail. The TV runs and gets good reception and a few channels. Not the channels 3 & 4 to run with the Phillips box. It is a nice tv but I have no MANUAL to go by. Do you think you can help? Have spoke with RCA they have no past booklets/manuals to go by. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2231
­
You know Debra, I have this friend who loves to give people his old stuff. When the lucky recipient hesitates, he makes it sound like you're an ingrate for not accepting his gift. But in reality, by taking the gift off his hands you are simply helping him get rid of his junk.

Is that the case with this sixteen-year-old RCA? Most likely, but there are some unanswered questions raised by your post. How can the TV get "good reception" on some channels, but not channels 3 or 4? Usually a tuner works or it doesn't. Have you tried alternative hookups, such as composite (RCA) cords for video and audio from the satbox to the TV? If you are a paying customer, why wouldn't DirecTV send a service guy out to check on this problem in your home?
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us