Dishpro 500 and diseqc setup question

Username: Dishpro

Post Number: 1
Hi group, I've searched for a solution to this question and can't quite find it. I have a Dishpro 500 twin lnb and want to add another dish to get BEV. I have a Viewsat Extreme and the diseqc switch that came with it. What do I need to do to get both?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2710
Upload

With just the one receiver you have is the only diferance. You can not use a disqc switch with a dish pro. Only a dp34 will working

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1544
you can not use a disque switch.follow fta and u wil bw ok

Bronze Member
Username: Jabberosx

Post Number: 14
that is weird. I have a Viewsat Ultra 2000 and a 4 port DisEqc switch that came with it. And a DishPro500 and i have been using the switch for almost a year wihtout issues. Yesterday i moved to my new Apartment and wonders of wonders my DisQuc stopped working. Not sure what is up with that. I am currently connecting to the receiver using only one lnb direct connection. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 109
same with me u r diseqcswitch is burn its not work for u more. no more work this switch i burn already 2 switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 2759
jabber and nike

are your lnb dish pro?
it will say dish pro or DP
like the one in the pic?
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1546
if u have a dish pro lnb comes with a switch incorporated inside.if they are seperated lnb u must use a disque switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2761
you are right mr RTAP (what does that nick mean?)

a fta receiver can only control 1 disqc switch at a time..

In theory you are to run one coax to the dish pro from your receiver and set the settings in the receivers antenna set up menu like this 119 disqc 1 and 110 disqc 2....mine here likes 119 on disqc 3 and 110 on disqc 4 better for some unknown reason we have a customers that likes the tone burst settings better..so you have to play with the settings to see what works on yours..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2762
I love that dish pro lnb its easy to point and use with 2 of them you can easly have 119,110,91,82 and add a third to get 148 its a decent system. I find the dish 500 with that lnb all the time for free on emty houses....at sales, thrift stores for 5 bucks I have like 10 in storage...most free

still would not give up the motorized dish

Upload

Silver Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 110
i use dish 500 pro plus that u showing in the obv pic.before i use only 1 cable and i conect it in disqec switch port and my setting in ricever is port 1 for 119 and pot 2 for 110 but i conecet only one cable and its work for me great and then i conecet another cable in port 3 its for d300 for 148 and my seting in ric port 3 for 148 its work great too but later on my switch port 1 was burn and its not work for me more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2765
nike if you was using a disqc with a dishpro and it was working you was lucky.....

a dp34 is what you use to add another lnb to the dishpro lnb.

this pic is how it works even with one receiver like yours..

Upload

Silver Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 117
yah its work ok i try the other way that u showing in the pic i try the one .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Hi TFT,

Sorry was in the middle of shifting just got my Internet Connection back.
Yes, I have a DP 500 as the pic above, It has two Connections one for 119 and the other for 110. I was using a disEQC switch earlier with these like i said before and they were working fine in port 2/3. (Its a 4 port DisEQC switch) when i moved the switch stopped working. So i am currently only connected to 119 direct from lnb to receiever.

Silver Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 121
yah u can get 110 direct from lnb.just change u r setup but u use dish 500.ok for 110 u r setup
u cchange u r port for 110 u r disqec port 2and other other setup same as like 119 but for 119 we use tp 12239 but for 110 tp 1 or 12224 .good luck

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 528
jabber osx,
do you remember if you powered your reciever off before you removed all the cables,while moving,if not you may have blown the switch.try a new one.good luck.
also if you have a dispro dual lnb,i thought you would need a dp34 switch,but you said it was working before with a DisEqc switch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
African,
You might have a point there.. I am not sure if i powered by receiver down. That would answer the question of why it is not working now :p
Yeah... a DisEQC was working fine for me. So i guess i will just order a new one.

Username: Hangon

Will a Direc.tv dish with 3 lnb's work with a pan.at 2500A convert to 2700 work to get 3 birds? 110,119, bev? I am using di.h 500 with 2 lnb,s with disc switch only getting 110,119. My goal is to try to get bev.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 532
Mike,
the third bird has a different angle so it will not be possible,
anyway what bird r u trying to get

Post Number: 2
I am trying to get Bev. on 91 and 82. Do I have to mount another Di.h 500 to be able to hit Bev. I have no way for a motor unit, where I have it mounted it is not possible to run anymore wires.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 533
Sled,
what is your hardware set up now and what network an d how many birds?

Post Number: 3
African,
Dick net network hitting 2 Birds 110 & 119 with Dish 500. Hardware Pan.at 2500A convert to 2700 Diseqc switch. What do I need to hit Bev?

Username: Rick4

Need help for captiveworks800s for antena set up
right now i got 12414/20000/h/5/6 for 119 and 12384/20000/h/5/6 for 61.5 i scan it what stil no chanels and i got the latest bin file need help

Silver Member
Username: Mrrasec

Post Number: 697
Basics to keep in mind with any Twin LNB's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The basics to keep in mind with any Twin LNB's that have built-in switches are:

Legacy switches, like SW21's, will allow cascades of only 2 Legacy switches. The Twin LNB counts as one cascade. Legacy Twin LNB's have 1 level of SW21's in them, so only one more SW21 may be added.

Diseqc switches may be cascaded 3 deep.

DishPro Twin LNB's have one level of Diseqc switches in them, so 2 more Diseqc's may be cascaded, but the switch must be able to pass Diseqc commands. All Dish Pro switches use the 2-way communicating Diseqc 2.0 protocol which is backwards compatible to Diseqc 1.0, (except for the DP21, which does NOT work with FTA STB's). At present, FTA STB's cannot use the 2-way communications advantage of Diseqc 2.0, but Dish Pro capable Sub IRD's can and do.

Dish Pro Twin LNB's, when connected to a Diseqc switch, must have 2 coax cables connected to the switch, as the internal Diseqc switch (which is the last Diseqc switch in-line) is pre-empted by the preceeding diseqc switch, therefor the internal Twin Diseqc switch will no longer need to function. By preceeding the DP Twin with a 4x1 Diseqc switch, what you are basically doing, is changing the internal 2x1 diseqc inside a DP Twin, to be replaced with an external 4x1 diseqc switch. The point to keep in mind is that downstream Diseqc's no longer switch, they just pass the preceding Diseqc switch's commands. That's why you need 2 cables from a preceding Diseqc switch when connecting a Diseqc switch to any DP Twin LNB.

If using Dish Pro LNB's with a multi switch, only the 13v input needs to be connected to the LNB, as Dish Pro LNB's band stack the normal Legacy LNB's 18V signal, on top of it's 13V DP signal, hence why, when using Dish Pro LNB's, there's no need to use the 18V input on a multi switch... Why would you do this??? simple... to convert your single, or dual output LNB into a Quad LNB, or a Quad LNB into a Octo LNB...

Legacy and Dish Pro switches may be mixed, but Dish Pro switches require all connected LNB's to be Dish Pro LNB's.

Dish Pro Twin LNB's will work with Legacy switches - but only if your STB supports both types of switching, Diseqc switching and Legacy, ie SW21, switching.

DN SW21 switches will pass Diseqc commands on both sides.

0/22KHz SW22 switches normally do NOT pass Diseqc commands, and the ones that do, pass only on the OFF side. The exception is the Ecoda EC2111 0/22KHz SW22 which passes Diseqc commands on both sides. Some SW22's, like an EMP SW22, won't pass Diseqc commands on any side!

Cascading SW22's with SW21's and/or with Diseqc switches does not normally affect their intrinsic cascade level ability. The exceptions are switch specific, ie, the Ecoda or EMP examples.

When Cascading a Motor, always connect the motor first, (from the STB to the motor) then to the additional switches. Otherwise, if the motor is after the switches, the motors' higher current draw will burn the switches out... PDQ.

Those simple rules will allow you to configure just about any LNB combo that you want.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2824
Sled a motor does not require more wires. The receiver sends the signal to the motor to move thrue the coax you already have running!

to use 2 dish500 with the dish pro lnb you have to have a dp34 switch usually powered a complex system to get working sometimes. Installing a motorized 31" dish with dual circular-liner lnb would be alot simpler ad you can get 17 sat's like I do here instead of just a sad 4 with the 2 dish500"s

I always have channels

Post Number: 4
I like the motor idea now (2-dishes will look ugly).
FTA TESTER will you give me a shopping list?
I have (for now) Pansat 2500A to 2700 convert. I am ready to upgrade. Please advise if the list in this thread has examples of motors and dishes is what to go for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
ok.. so i simle terms if you want to use the internal diseqc switch for dp pro. you just connect to one lnb direct ? and configure the reciver for port 1 and port 2 ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2827
jaber yes you got it

play with the settings I have a dish 500 that likes disqc 3 and 4 better sometimes they like the tone burst setting better so play with it

Sled

31" dish, hh-motor, QPH-031 is a great lnb it gets corcular and liner sat's for you to receive all of dn and all the true fta sat's....

my set up
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 122
DARUDE ROX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us