52" Rear Projection RCA TV Audio problem ???

Username: Kourso

Plaquemineq, LA US

Post Number: 4
I have a 52" RCA {Regular Rear Projection) TV about 5 yr. old and it loses all audio sound randomly BUT IF you turn it off and unplug the AC power for about 5 min., it may come back on for anywhere from a minute to hours. If you turn it on in the morning it almost routinely cuts off sound at 4 pm for whatever reason???
I tried to flip the rear switch back/forth between internal/external speakers and once it seemed to reset.
Any ideas, otherwise the TV is fine. Getting ready to hit the trash, it is soo frustrating.
Please give me some assistance.
Thanks
Kenny

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 86
Why don't you buy a sound system. They are not that expensive and you can always use it with your next tv. Bob

Username: Kourso

Plaquemineq, LA US

Post Number: 5
Ok, I didn't know if that could correct the problem. I wasn't sure if the problem was with the TV audio electronics that affects all audio, internal AND EXTERNAL OR if it only affects the internal audio(speakers)
IS there any way to determine one way or the other. I will gladly put a home theatre system on it if that will solve it. Do you think the problem is isolated to the internal side only? I don't know much about the electronics but I just assumed it had an audio control board and maybe something was wrong with it.
IF that IS the problem how big of a problem to replace, where to buy and COST ???
I really appreciate your help.
I have to decide what to do asap.
Thanks,
Kenny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us