Crackling Through Left Speaker

Username: Katokato

Post Number: 1
Once every few weeks or so the sound from the left speaker output from my DVD player cracks and pops like a scratched record. When it does this it is consistent and then the next day it doesn't do it.

I've switched speakers and the cracks follow to the right. I've even changed RCA plugs and same thing - also changed the input on my amp. It is coming from the DVD player, left channel sound.

Any ideas?

It's a Pioneer DV-400V

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 440
Is it still under warranty?

Post Number: 2
Yes - it's under warranty - extended from Future Shop.

This is my fourth DVD player in 2 years. I have ben buying the under $100 ones and they seem to crap out quickly. For this one I spent $140 after reading reviews etc ... I've had it for about 5 months now ...

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3653
You've got bad luck. I've got a Panasonic from '99 that still works. The JVC I'm using now is 3 years old and still works fine, that's 3 years of every day use.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 443
Bad luck indeed - I have a Sanyo that's over 7 years old and still works perfectly. But on the other hand, I just recently went through 3 different players in one week. It's a crap shoot.

Post Number: 3
Brutal!

I figured these things are like CD players.

I've owned three in my life. And they all got constant play.

My JVC from 88' (I still have it as a back up) played strong for 3 years. Then I bought a Pioneer two disc and it worked fine for 2 years until sold. Then I bought a 5 disc Technics which got heavy use from 93' - 05' ... then I transferred my app. 500 CD collection to .mp3/music server and now enjoy music through Roku's soundbridge.

Anyhoo - I figure these things should be similiar. Oh well - will try again.

Any suggestions? Problem is ... when I take it back I may have to wait 8 weeks for repair. I'll need to buy another to take its place .... what a pain.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 459
Kato, I'm re-reading your post and see that your DVD player is a Pioneer DV-400. One of of the players that malfunctioned on me was the same model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us