Mitsubishi VS-4551 - Picture goes out

Username: Smitt5

Fort Jackson, SC USA

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Mitsubishi VS-4541 projection TV in August of 1995. Television has been great and still works, however, within the last year, picture goes out. The only warning I get prior to this happening is a horizontal blue line. It happens really fast and all of sudden. Picture goes out, totally black but there is still sound. The crazy thing is the picture still shows great when working properly and you never know when it's going to happen. A few times when the flat line came, I just waited patiently listening and the picture came back on its own. Other times, like after 3-5 minutes, I shut it down for about an hour and it works like a charm. I have paid $80 bucks for a repairman to come to my home and troubleshoot, but unfortunately, the TV worked fine and the guy couldn't very well diagnose a perfectly working TV. The repairman did take off panels to access the electronics, but other than a little dust, everything was in order. Nothing loose, cracked or whatever. I do have a backup 65" Mitsubishi HDTV that I purchased in 2004, but I really would like to get my TV fixed. Can anyone point me in the right repair direction. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us