Widescreens WITHOUT motion artifacts

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 563
i'd always intended to get a CRT direct view or possibly 42" projection set for the superior contrast but ESPECIALLY for the freedom from motion artifacts that make $5000+ flat screens look HIDEOUS whenever there's fast motion onscreen. looking at a basketball game on one in stores showed terrible pixilation as the camera panned across the crowd.

sadly, CRT screens are all but extinct now, and the faster reacting "bio pixel" sets promised years ago still haven't even hit the market yet.

between all of the technologies out NOW are there any other ones besides CRT that can do crisp details without those terrible LCD & plasma motion artifacts eg. DLP or projection?

i'd stick to my old 27" unit before i'd EVER get an LCD or plasma set. motion blurring is TOTALLY unacceptable and sadly panasonic no longer makes the nice $1000 42" CRT projector sets i liked before.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3560
If you're extremely lucky you might still find a Sony KD-34XBR970. I just saw a post today from someone who got a new one from Sears for less than $400 after a price match with CC minus 10%. CC has them listed online for $399, but they are local stores only, if there are still any left. PQ is amazing without any of that crap you're talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us