RCA 52" won't turn on??

Username: Rocketboy

Post Number: 1
This RCA is about 20 months old. In its short life it has not worked very well. First they came out and did some work to it but it took so long to get the parts in that once it was fixed the warrenty was over. About 3 months later it would not turn on. After many nights on the phone with RCA they say we will have to have a service person come out and fix it. It took about a month before someone could come out. They plugged it in and it worked. Now it has done the samething that it does not turn on. Is there a reset or anything that I can try? My other option is to smash this RCA and buy a new TV.

Thanks for the help-

Rocketboy

Username: Rocketboy

Post Number: 2
Anyone?? Please help!!

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 133
Rocketboy, well I wish I could help. I had numerous RCA's over a four year period that all had problems of turning off by themselves! Perhaps the conditions are related I just dont know. They would turn off then go thru the whole cylce of starting up and then turn off again.

Frankly, with all the RCA technicians who came to my house changing lamps, light engines, Boards and stuff no one was ever able to fix anything. Of course months and months and MONTHS of waiting for parts were the real beating.

Unless you can get RCA to honor your warranty because the trouble started when you had a warranty, I would dump the set and get a Samsung.

The cost of repairs for these beasts and the non ability of anyone to actually fix them and the parts problems will drive you nuts.

If the set cost a $1,000 and you had it 20 months it only cost you $50 a months so chalk it up to cheap entertainment and dump the set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us